Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:44:21 PM EDT
Well, now that I have made a grand entrance,

My name is Dan, and I love guns.

I live in rural Washougal, Clark County.  We share a home with my in-laws.  My wife and I are both Realtors.  Before that, we drove a big rig all over North America.  Before that, well, it was one worthless job after another.  I did a stint as a deputy sheriff in OR for a year, before that, I did a lot of all kinds of armed private security, at different locations, before that I worked for the state of CA doing salmon restoration in Northern CA.

I have a cheap 1911 .45, a .22 Ruger Standard from the 1950's, a Yugo SKS, and a 12 ga Rem 870 wingmaster.  My next gun purchase will either be a small .357 mag revolver, small .22 auto, or a black rifle.  Came here to help research the black rifle possiblilty.

I'm in my mid 30's, Gemini (I only mention that because a girl that lived right across the street from my childhood home was born at the same date and time as I), gots me a Gee Eee Dee, eat too much, drink too much, coffee is my drug of choice, swear too much, and need to lose some weight.  From what I've read and seen, I fit right in.

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now so I can take my wife to the hospital at 0dark30 to for a shoulder operation, Bankart (sp?) repair.  I don't think either one of us is gonna get a lot of sleep tonight.

Dan
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's hoping that all turns out well for your wife and that you can join us forsome shooting sometime.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the official site responsible for the pandemic of BRD (black rifle disease). Get an Ar15 and an AK47 before they infect you with Garanditis, which regresses you into a cave dwelling, club wielding neandrethal.

Good luck tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quite the introduction!  

My name is MsKooter, I am married to Kooter, we live in a small home with our 2 kids 1 puppy and 1 kitten in Thurston county.  I work for the state, Kooter is a mall ninja  I own no guns, and he owns several.  before moving to WA we lived in KY doing a whole lot of nothing.  We are both in our, dare I say it, Late 20's (Wow, we are getting old) we both eat too much, I tend to drink too much when I drink (way too many witnesses on this site for me to try to deny that!) Caffine is my drug of choice, but in any form 'cept for coffee.  we swear a bit much, and could definatly stand some room for weight loss. I wish I were sleeping right now, but alas...I am here...again....

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here's hoping that all turns out well for your wife and that you can join us forsome shooting sometime.

I am looking forward to doing that.  Thanks.

Dan
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quite the introduction!  

My name is MsKooter, I am married to Kooter, we live in a small home with our 2 kids 1 puppy and 1 kitten in Thurston county.  I work for the state, Kooter is a mall ninja  I own no guns, and he owns several.  before moving to WA we lived in KY doing a whole lot of nothing.  We are both in our, dare I say it, Late 20's (Wow, we are getting old) we both eat too much, I tend to drink too much when I drink (way too many witnesses on this site for me to try to deny that!) Caffine is my drug of choice, but in any form 'cept for coffee.  we swear a bit much, and could definatly stand some room for weight loss. I wish I were sleeping right now, but alas...I am here...again....

Gah!!  Feeling my pain!  Too much anxiety around here right now.  

I'm gonna go make another half hearted effort to fall asleep.  Just might be able to do it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Hello there.  Some call me a pervert,

some say I'm related to Jabba the Hut,

others think I'm a Fed.

I concider most of the folks here a friend.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome aboard YOPD,  

Me well... puritanical extremist radical in the pursit of freedom for all.

once was equipment manufacturer, prototype builder med equipment, became journymen operator engineer(302) then journymen millwright (one of the organizers for regoinal 204 precision machine erector) arborist/tree-topper faller, and what i enjoy dearly = farmer.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome Dan!!

I'm a Fed LEO/JBT escapee from the People's Rebublik of KA.
Came to WA cause the Fishing and Shootin was good. (And I can own EBR's)

Best of luck to you and your wife for a fast recovery!!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome!

I own two guns I haven't shot yet

I work too much.

Oh and watch out for the BRD; it's insidious next thing you know you are applying for a collectors license and your safe is full.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Blah Blah Blah....  We are both in our, dare I say it, Late 20's (Wow, we are getting old) ... Blah Blah Blah...

Late 20's is OLD now?  I'm not sure how I should feel about that!  

Moving on...

Welcome YOPD!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#11]

I own more guns than I can keep in my safe. Marrying a hippy who likes guns (see: Hippynik).  Currently living in sin.  The Army brought me here from Kalifornia and I never left.  I'm pretty sure I was born a washingtonian but was misplaced in Kali somehow.  BRD brought me here several years ago, but I didn't start posting until late '04.  Most think I'm a postwhore, I don't argue.  I consider most here my friends, the others I consider.

Honestly this is probably one of the best places on the web to meet people, exchange ideas, and learn from.  Go to a GtG, Shoot, or gunshow with these maniacs and you'll never want to go anywhere else.

Now fix that avatar!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#12]
WELCOME, YOPD
I'm one of the southern members of the forum, own more guns than I can count, play RO at a local range and most times help a friend at the WAC Puyallup shows.
Have only met a few ARFComers and haven't gotten to a LCR shoot yet.
I'm in Vancouver-drop me a line and maybe we can get together for a shoot.
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top