Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2005 5:13:39 AM EDT
Even with a full court Republican/Conservative press Corswine will likely be our next GOVERNOR! Make NO DOUBT about it, his agenda on ALL GUN control and confiscation will be LEGENDARY in the history of the United States. He is determined to make NJ the FIRST in many areas of gun restriction or outright confiscation. So do we have a defense??? Yes, but nobody in NJ including the most affected - the NJ GUN OWNERS gives a shit. The NJCSD NJ Coalition for Self Defense is meeting, which is open to all, on this Sunday to ascertain its continuing existence. This broad based all gun (including our beloved BLACK RIFLE) encompassing PRO-2nd Amendment organization NEEDS volunteers/members to continue on. NJCSD is aligned with other Pro-Gun organizations to MAKE a difference. It is bringing a fresh new direction/approach to thwart the CORSWINE THRUST and promote all 2nd Amendment RIGHTS, YOUR 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS. BUT they need HELP - they need members, they need you and I to get off our collective ASSES to MAKE a DIFFERENCE.

Please MAKE the time and effort to help your NJ GUN cause, meet with other NJ Gun OWNERS this Sunday to MAKE a difference.    

Volunteer = A member that has time or talent to donate to help succeed.
Member = Concerned individual that donates some $$$.

The location for the meeting will be Fairleigh Dickinson University's Hackensack campus, in the 2nd Floor conference room of Dickenson Hall at 12:30 on Sunday the 24th of July.

Directions from just about anywhere South or West:
-  Garden State Parkway or Rt. 17 North
-  Route 4 Eastbound
-  Exit onto Hackensack Avenue Southbound (County 503), just as you approach Riverside Square Mall.  I suggest you stay to the right hand side as you travel Rt. 4, because the exit comes up fairly quickly.
-  Hackensack Ave. South for approximately 1 mile, make a LEFT at the 2ND LIGHT into the FDU campus.
-  Straight back on the service road, and make a left on the street right before the building with the pointed roof.

Similar directions can be surmised from parts North, if you will be travelling South on the GSP or Rt. 17.  If you're coming from the Palisades Parkway, take Rt. 4 Westbound, and exit at the loop for Hackensack avenue right near the Riverside Square mall.

Please feel free to call Robert with any questions or problems at 201-895-0033.

Come make a DIFFERENCE - !!!

ETA: Title revision

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
about it, his agenda on ALL GUN control and confiscation will be LEGENDARY in the history of the United States. He is determined to make NJ the FIRST in many areas of gun restriction or outright confiscation.

Where you been?? I've been saying that on this board for the last 6 months.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Lion_Dog, that's right.  Thanks for posting.

Jon Corzine has pledged to make New Jersey the FIRST GUN-FREE STATE.

For those of you who think "it won't happen here", or those of you in other states like PA and TX, who sit from your perceived relative safety and think that what happens in New Jersey won't happen to your state, time to wake up and smell the coffee.  The 1994 AWB was modeled in large part on the State ban from New Jersey.

If you think that legislators like Jon Corzine, Frank Lautenberg, Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton and their like don't hold sway over this region, and can't eventually affect your rights "out there" like in TN and TX and other "red" states, then you're sadly mistaken.

New Jersey is the originator of the nation's first Smart Gun law that mandates biometric recognition technology on any gun sold after it's commercially available.  How long do you think that law will take to migrate to other states?  After all, it's only "reasonable", and after all... "it's for the children".

Unfortunately, the traditional "gun rights" leadership in our state has been complacent, and have only capitulated and collaborated toward our demise by accepting incremental encroachments on our soverign rights.  They have not engaged this battle to win the hearts and minds of the residents of the state in a comprehensive campaign of public re-education to raise awareness of crime, terrorism, self defense, First Principles of Liberty, and the absolute right of the American people to defend ourselves in whatever way and manner we see fit.

That's where we fit in.

The NJCSD was formed to be an ACTION GROUP and attack this problem from a MARKETING and SALES perspective, using contemporary media like radio, TV, highway billboards, and magazine advertising, because that's how people get their information and form their political opinions nowadays.

We desperately need your help financially, in time, in effort, in skills.  Just wishing us well doesn't get the job done.  We need money, and action.  Those of you who feel you already donate enough to "gun rights" groups, ask yourself what they've done for you in states like New Jersey.  Ask yourself when the last time was that you heard or saw any sort of informational or awareness campaign out here.  And ask yourself why, despite decades of donations and millions of dollars given, that things haven't changed for the better.  In fact, they've gotten worse.

Those of you who cherish your black rifles should spend at least as much time and money defending your right to shoot them, as you do in pulling the trigger.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
about it, his agenda on ALL GUN control and confiscation will be LEGENDARY in the history of the United States. He is determined to make NJ the FIRST in many areas of gun restriction or outright confiscation.

You are going Sunday, correct?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Looking forward to meeting some of you fellows there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are going Sunday, correct?

Wish I could, leaving for vaction on Saturday. Let me know if I can help in any other way.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there with a check in hand, but have to leave by 2:30.

Thanks for setting this up. I'll try to drag some additional bodies with me.

I HOPE there will be bumper stickers and t-shirts available.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't make it, but you guys have my blessing. If we all put in just a tiny bit of time and effort to write our legislators and make it clear that we won't put up with this, it will make a difference. I'm doing what I can to help.

The reason New Jersey is in the situation that it's in is because gun owners have become complacent.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
All NJ guns to be confiscated

Yes and no.
Do you really think that the local Popo doesn't realize that they will be taken under fire from every piece of woods as they go on patrol? Picture the "blue flu"  or retirement papers turned in the next day after Officer Skippy gets his head shot off on patrol when this gets announced. When this gets repeated day after day, the message becomes clear. Freedom isn't free. Sometimes you have to be as willing to kill as well as to die.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I just finished a very pleasant conversation with Rep. Scott Garrett's office. Linna, Mr. Garrett's Campaign Mgr. was very happy to get my call. They have a function this Sunday that conflicts with our schedule. However, she is looking for someone from their office to attend and will bring this to Mr. Garrett's attention. I was told that their office would appreciate being notified about these meetings and events.

I'll try to reach out to some of the local NRA / Cherry Ridge guys to see if they can attend.

If we are going to have more of these get together's, let's start with more notification and inviting more people to the party.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice going WOJO!!!

Bring in the heavies and the fighting spirit - !!!

I have ears on for sjauch (prior commitment, but in) MAP (family and church) - these guys have already spoke to me on $$$ or other support! That's the SPIRIT!!!

Quoted:
I just finished a very pleasant conversation with Rep. Scott Garrett's office. Linna, Mr. Garrett's Campaign Mgr. was very happy to get my call. They have a function this Sunday that conflicts with our schedule. However, she is looking for someone from their office to attend and will bring this to Mr. Garrett's attention. I was told that their office would appreciate being notified about these meetings and events.

I'll try to reach out to some of the local NRA / Cherry Ridge guys to see if they can attend.

If we are going to have more of these get together's, let's start with more notification and inviting more people to the party.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump for the 11th hour crew....
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Like all these meetings, it will be a waste of time. Why? Because in the long run no one here has a clue how to win this fight. For that matter none know what the battle is about or where it is being fought.
You’re going to talk about the 2nd amendment and you have no idea what the 2nd is and what it means, much the same as the rest of the Constitution.
You’re going to talk about writing your representatives when they are a big part of the problem.
You’re going to talk, ad nauseam, about laws you've never read and what they actually say and how they apply. I've been there and listened and it is completely disheartening to realize how ignorant the American people are about the law.
I've spoken to many a gun owner and every time I start to explain actual meanings they walk away because it is not what they have been fed all these years, it is reality and they can't comprehend that the entire system is an illusion based on ambivalence and ignorance.
There is a way to win and it will never be touched because everyone on this board is a product of the school system where you learn agenda rather than fact and you will never get out of that box nor do you want to.
Fire away gentlemen but remember the truth always hurts and I am not the enemy. I spend a good deal of time studying the law, talking to legal minds and writing about it on a web site.
Having said that, I'll probably show up. I guess I hope that someday NJ gun owners will wake up and listen.

www.restoretherepublic.org
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Like all these meetings, it will be a waste of time. Why? Because in the long run no one here has a clue how to win this fight. For that matter none know what the battle is about or where it is being fought.
You’re going to talk about the 2nd amendment and you have no idea what the 2nd is and what it means, much the same as the rest of the Constitution.
You’re going to talk about writing your representatives when they are a big part of the problem.
You’re going to talk, ad nauseam, about laws you've never read and what they actually say and how they apply. I've been there and listened and it is completely disheartening to realize how ignorant the American people are about the law.
I've spoken to many a gun owner and every time I start to explain actual meanings they walk away because it is not what they have been fed all these years, it is reality and they can't comprehend that the entire system is an illusion based on ambivalence and ignorance.
There is a way to win and it will never be touched because everyone on this board is a product of the school system where you learn agenda rather than fact and you will never get out of that box nor do you want to.
Fire away gentlemen but remember the truth always hurts and I am not the enemy. I spend a good deal of time studying the law, talking to legal minds and writing about it on a web site.
Having said that, I'll probably show up. I guess I hope that someday NJ gun owners will wake up and listen.

www.restoretherepublic.org

Please do NICK and have YOUR say in the meeting and take the gloves off.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Nick, I know some people need to be reminded that the Bill of Rights does not grant us rights, but instead limits the powers of the government. I'll be there and I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I just want to wish you guys some luck.

Thanks! Enjoy the shoot - I'll make the next one!
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Freedom isn't free. Sometimes you have to be as willing to kill as well as to die.

this was the most hardcore line i ever saw here. IM READY.

knock knock who's there
bushmaster thats who!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they can all fuck off. with their bullshit. what the hell are they really so friggin scared about.
when i go to work every day, im not scared.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Aw Crap, just found out 'bout this. there's no way I can make it there by 12:30. We need to concentrate on keeping Corzine out of the Governorship, telling every voter on both sides of the isle including the independents why corzine is wrong for NJ. I do not want to sound like the bad guy here, but promoting and protecting the 2nd is in itself crucial, but won't wash with most NJ voters, because they just don't care. Even if all NJ gun owners came foward in their voice with GOP help, how the hell are we going to convince the non-gun owners in this state. I'm no expert in this matter, but we gotta use some other platform to convince the state that Corzine will violate their Constitutional rights in another way. Most people in this state believe gun owners are wackos, I should know, I work with 5 of them, they think guns are DANGEROUS as well as their owners. We must find a way to enchance the Gun Owners image. My 2 cents. Support $$$$ Coming, NJCSD

Awaiting Rovert's response, I know I'm going to get Flamed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Good luck. NY is in the same boat if that's any comfort. They are only a Governor and eight NY Senate seats away from CA type (or worse) anti-gun laws.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#20]
So how did the meteting go today? Can someone give an update?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Good luck. NY is in the same boat if that's any comfort. They are only a Governor and eight NY Senate seats away from CA type (or worse) anti-gun laws.

Yes indeed.  I expect future Governor Spitzer to push very hard to get all the gun control bills that failed in June through during his first term.  I don't think the Senate will switch parties before 2008 though they may become more receptive to passing some gun control legislation in the 2006-2007 session in an attempt to remain in control.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So how did the meteting go today? Can someone give an update?

Overall I think it went well... Rovert would be best to answer this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I posted our plight on CMP's website just to reach out to more people. Problem is I'm preaching to the choir. Nonetheless, it got viewed over 700 times since posting it.

http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10068
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#24]
We need some type of Intelligent email that we can all send to Corzine basically stating that due to your warped views on firearms and gun control.  We will not be voting for you.  Something like that.  I suck at writing but I'm sure someone can think of a "canned email" we can all send to that asshole.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Aw Crap, just found out 'bout this. there's no way I can make it there by 12:30. We need to concentrate on keeping Corzine out of the Governorship, telling every voter on both sides of the isle including the independents why corzine is wrong for NJ. I do not want to sound like the bad guy here, but promoting and protecting the 2nd is in itself crucial, but won't wash with most NJ voters, because they just don't care. Even if all NJ gun owners came foward in their voice with GOP help, how the hell are we going to convince the non-gun owners in this state. I'm no expert in this matter, but we gotta use some other platform to convince the state that Corzine will violate their Constitutional rights in another way. Most people in this state believe gun owners are wackos, I should know, I work with 5 of them, they think guns are DANGEROUS as well as their owners. We must find a way to enchance the Gun Owners image. My 2 cents. Support $$$$ Coming, NJCSD

Awaiting Rovert's response, I know I'm going to get Flamed.

NO flames . . . his pitch makes sense, a step by step approach - with the end WAY cool!!!

Call me for details.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#26]
10 people showed up. I was very disappointed. We need help and we need it now.

Listen up folks. This is not about hunting. This is not about burglaries, robberies, rape or any other assault by some thug. If you have read a history book or are in any way shape or form it is about governments and the people.

In the last century, it has been estimated that governments exterminated more than 160 million people. Those who have experience with the UN know what happens when they come into a country. There are enough members of congress who would like to invite the UN onto our streets so please don’t tell me it can’t happen here.

When governments are anxious to disarm their people there is an agenda beyond safe streets and it is not going to be pleasant.

Don’t turn the other way and tell me it won’t happen because history is replete with horrors perpetrated by governments on their own people.

We all know that politicians are compulsive liars. People of this nature would have no problem making the jump to dictators. We already have one of the largest terrorist organizations in the world working freely and pretending that it is part of the US government. It is done with the blessing of our congress and in some cases some representatives have applauded the abuses of this entity.

Read - www.restoretherepublic.org
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm sorry I couldn't make it, I was in Virginia with three other board members who probably would have attended also.

Thom - sending you an IM...

Thanks Rob - I got it. IM back at ya....
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Lion_Dog, that's right.  Thanks for posting.

Jon Corzine has pledged to make New Jersey the FIRST GUN-FREE STATE.

For those of you who think "it won't happen here", or those of you in other states like PA and TX, who sit from your perceived relative safety and think that what happens in New Jersey won't happen to your state, time to wake up and smell the coffee.  The 1994 AWB was modeled in large part on the State ban from New Jersey.

If you think that legislators like Jon Corzine, Frank Lautenberg, Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton and their like don't hold sway over this region, and can't eventually affect your rights "out there" like in TN and TX and other "red" states, then you're sadly mistaken.

New Jersey is the originator of the nation's first Smart Gun law that mandates biometric recognition technology on any gun sold after it's commercially available.  How long do you think that law will take to migrate to other states?  After all, it's only "reasonable", and after all... "it's for the children".

Unfortunately, the traditional "gun rights" leadership in our state has been complacent, and have only capitulated and collaborated toward our demise by accepting incremental encroachments on our soverign rights.  They have not engaged this battle to win the hearts and minds of the residents of the state in a comprehensive campaign of public re-education to raise awareness of crime, terrorism, self defense, First Principles of Liberty, and the absolute right of the American people to defend ourselves in whatever way and manner we see fit.

That's where we fit in.

The NJCSD was formed to be an ACTION GROUP and attack this problem from a MARKETING and SALES perspective, using contemporary media like radio, TV, highway billboards, and magazine advertising, because that's how people get their information and form their political opinions nowadays.

We desperately need your help financially, in time, in effort, in skills.  Just wishing us well doesn't get the job done.  We need money, and action.  Those of you who feel you already donate enough to "gun rights" groups, ask yourself what they've done for you in states like New Jersey.  Ask yourself when the last time was that you heard or saw any sort of informational or awareness campaign out here.  And ask yourself why, despite decades of donations and millions of dollars given, that things haven't changed for the better.  In fact, they've gotten worse.

Those of you who cherish your black rifles should spend at least as much time and money defending your right to shoot them, as you do in pulling the trigger.

Boy I thought Cali was bad......... I hope thee best for you guys
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#30]
 Sorry I missed to info on the meeting.  Ten good-hearted people is a start, but it is way inadaquate (as we all know).  What can I do from South Jersey to help?  I have read the laws to an extent.  I know that even stun-guns and handcuffs are illegal in private hands, according to the exerpts I read.  It is a liberal nightmare come alive here, and Corizine must be stopped.  What can I do?  Who is the best pro-gun politician in N.J.?  How can I contact him and pledge my support?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
 Sorry I missed to info on the meeting.  Ten good-hearted people is a start, but it is way inadaquate (as we all know).  What can I do from South Jersey to help?  I have read the laws to an extent.  I know that even stun-guns and handcuffs are illegal in private hands, according to the exerpts I read.  It is a liberal nightmare come alive here, and Corizine must be stopped.  What can I do?  Who is the best pro-gun politician in N.J.?  How can I contact him and pledge my support?

go to: NJCSD.org

IM me for a phone call.

Lion_dog
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Your forum is down.  I was curious as to who in the upcoming election is a more gun-friendly choice.  I can't seem to find any information of this type on either Corrazine's or Forrester's websites.  I'm honestly hoping that eventually NJ will be a real carry state, and not this justifiable need crap.  It's much more likely that your average joe will have a 'need' for a firearm than an armored car driver, IMHO (at least more average joes around me get shot at/threatened with a gun than ACDs).
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Your forum is down.  I was curious as to who in the upcoming election is a more gun-friendly choice.  I can't seem to find any information of this type on either Corrazine's or Forrester's websites.  I'm honestly hoping that eventually NJ will be a real carry state, and not this justifiable need crap.  It's much more likely that your average joe will have a 'need' for a firearm than an armored car driver, IMHO (at least more average joes around me get shot at/threatened with a gun than ACDs).

The website has succesfully propagated on the web so the site is up in all its NEW glory. Take a LooK!!

Our best stated pro-fiream/2nd Amendment choice  Steve Lonegan was not endorced with the full strength, fury and ENERGY of the gun owning community (shame on us): therefore we have no real choice but to support Forrester whose position is nebulous at best.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The website has succesfully propagated on the web so the site is up in all its NEW glory. Take a LooK!!

Our best stated pro-fiream/2nd Amendment choice  Steve Lonegan was not endorced with the full strength, fury and ENERGY of the gun owning community (shame on us): therefore we have no real choice but to support Forrester whose position is nebulous at best.

Your website gives me this error:

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/njcsd/njcsd.u47.websitesource.net/includes/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/njcsd/njcsd.org/includes/mambo.php on line 41

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/hsphere/local/home/njcsd/njcsd.u47.websitesource.net/includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/njcsd/njcsd.org/includes/mambo.php on line 41

Well, nebulous is better than anti-gun.  To be honest, eventually I have plans on moving to a gun-friendly state.  It just pisses me off that I can work in a police station, have a 24-hour unrestricted access electronic keycard that will get me in to just about anywhere in the station (and those places that need access codes I know, as well), can own a gun, carry it around my house if I choose, shoot safely while at an approved range, but not carry concealed while in the public...It just doesn't make sense to me.

Out of curiosity, has anyone hit up the NRA for help?

From the NRA 'Armed Citizen':

The Trentonian, Trenton, NJ, 5/19/02
  State: NJ
  American Rifleman Issue: 8/1/2002
  A Lawrence, N.J., business owner shot and killed a man during an attempted robbery. Three men pulled up in front of Five Points Check Cashing shortly before 9 a.m. Two of the men entered the store while the driver waited in the car. According to police reports, one of the suspects attempted to enter the owner's office while the other brandished a gun. The store owner picked up his own gun, which he keeps in his office, and exchanged shots with the armed robber. One of the suspects was killed, and the other fled the scene in the getaway car with the driver.

This was no more than 10 minutes from my house...while in traffic.  A gas/service station no more than 5 minutes from my house (while in traffic) has been held up three (yes, 3!) times at gunpoint in the last year.  A house no more than 5 minutes from mine was broken into, the owner was beaten, tied up, throat slashed, shot twice in the chest with a .45, and left for dead.  BG's took his two guns they found (maybe more, my memory is hazy on the # of stolen guns), and fled the scene.   The victim survived, managed to crawl out his window and get to a neighbor's house who called 911 (he survived).  Just recently a criminally insane murderer escaped from a nearby psychiatric hospital (15 minutes or so in traffic).  He has yet to be found, and is considered highly dangerous and unpredictable.  His whereabouts are completely unknown, but may be prowling anywhere in the town, or elsewhere.

Nope...No need for a firearm to protect myself or my family...not at all.

Feh, it's getting late and I've had a bad day...enough of my rambling for now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:11:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your website gives me this error:

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/njcsd/njcsd.u47.websitesource.net/includes/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/njcsd/njcsd.org/includes/mambo.php on line 41

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/hsphere/local/home/njcsd/njcsd.u47.websitesource.net/includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/njcsd/njcsd.org/includes/mambo.php on line 41

Well, nebulous is better than anti-gun.  To be honest, eventually I have plans on moving to a gun-friendly state.  It just pisses me off that I can work in a police station, have a 24-hour unrestricted access electronic keycard that will get me in to just about anywhere in the station (and those places that need access codes I know, as well), can own a gun, carry it around my house if I choose, shoot safely while at an approved range, but not carry concealed while in the public...It just doesn't make sense to me.

Out of curiosity, has anyone hit up the NRA for help?

From the NRA 'Armed Citizen':

The Trentonian, Trenton, NJ, 5/19/02
  State: NJ
  American Rifleman Issue: 8/1/2002
  A Lawrence, N.J., business owner shot and killed a man during an attempted robbery. Three men pulled up in front of Five Points Check Cashing shortly before 9 a.m. Two of the men entered the store while the driver waited in the car. According to police reports, one of the suspects attempted to enter the owner's office while the other brandished a gun. The store owner picked up his own gun, which he keeps in his office, and exchanged shots with the armed robber. One of the suspects was killed, and the other fled the scene in the getaway car with the driver.

This was no more than 10 minutes from my house...while in traffic.  A gas/service station no more than 5 minutes from my house (while in traffic) has been held up three (yes, 3!) times at gunpoint in the last year.  A house no more than 5 minutes from mine was broken into, the owner was beaten, tied up, throat slashed, shot twice in the chest with a .45, and left for dead.  BG's took his two guns they found (maybe more, my memory is hazy on the # of stolen guns), and fled the scene.   The victim survived, managed to crawl out his window and get to a neighbor's house who called 911 (he survived).  Just recently a criminally insane murderer escaped from a nearby psychiatric hospital (15 minutes or so in traffic).  He has yet to be found, and is considered highly dangerous and unpredictable.  His whereabouts are completely unknown, but may be prowling anywhere in the town, or elsewhere.

Nope...No need for a firearm to protect myself or my family...not at all.

Feh, it's getting late and I've had a bad day...enough of my rambling for now.

Going-

Sorry the sys admin (ISP) screwed the pooch on this one - I had the site up it last night, they screwed it TWICE - down this morning.

If the NRA was doing its job here in NJ - NJ wouldn't be in the state it IS in. Have YOU seen anything the NRA has done for you???? NO you haven't because we (NJCSD) haven't.

Rich- you can move but you can't hide. IF CORZINE and the libs make gun grabbing policy a WORKING template in NJ / NY this will spread. Sure sure some states will be tougher, but what are gun people going to do??? Pussy out and RUN? SHIT, I am not staying here (NJ) for retirement reason - but do you see me shrinking from my responsibility to all the other gun people here in NJ / NY.  If you don't fight it here and now, the libs WILL build upon its success and spread. I voted with my vote cast to Lonegan, donate MONEY and TIME to NJCSD - I am a life NRA, ANJPC and NYSPRA so I am not taking any of this lightly. This is  not a rant. And pah-lease don't give me the "vote from the roof top" BS. We can CHANGE this by working the lib template of success - give as much as you can at all times and you time and dedication.

Making a difference one at a time -

Lion_dog
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll keep checking the site so I can peruse when it's back up.  I think I agree with you on the NRA not entirely doing their job in NJ.  I think they could probably be doing more.  Maybe I'll contact them and ask if they can't become more active in NJ.  We could always use bigger "guns", right?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'll keep checking the site so I can peruse when it's back up.  I think I agree with you on the NRA not entirely doing their job in NJ.  I think they could probably be doing more.  Maybe I'll contact them and ask if they can't become more active in NJ.  We could always use bigger "guns", right?

It's been done . . . don't think NJCSD has gone that route. Nobody with NJCSD is looking to re-invent the wheel - BELIEVE ME. Call Rob Kreisler, speak with him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top