Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 8:19:01 PM EDT
Just a heads-up.  While buying ammo today I overheard the two guys behind the counter talking.  They were going on and on about how that now the assault weapons ban is gone all the criminals will be able to get assault weapons.  They were projecting this opinion to all who would listen, especially this poor sap who asked to look at a Carbon 15.

A side conversation developed, one employee,  and began to advise how all the Cops are now in more danger.  They didnt realize my group of three were all cops and laughing at them.

Why have employees like this selling firearms?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't recall running across very many geniuses working as retail clerks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You should have asked to see the Bushmasters.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
They all seem to be pretty ill-informed behind the counter. I asked to look at the SA SOCOM-16 and the idiot corrected me and said it was an M-14. When I asked if they sold any other Class 3 stuff he just didn't get it...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Those are gun owners that make it bad for the rest  of us. Just  like the people who say nfa registered machineguns aren't needed , one of the safest and lowest guns involved in crime basically zero. We better stand together or we will fall separately.  .  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My thoughts exactly.  It hurt hearing gun owners/salesmen talking that way.   I guess I have to consider the source.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
    I lived on Indiania S.E. back in 1962 ( Highland high grad ) and got my draft notice two months out of high school.  Didn't come back to that area until 1992.  One thing that I noticed was that Yankees from back east were overtaking that NE heights with there big bucks.  In essence, what did the liberials bring with them ?  ABOFS
    I hung around  the Belen area for about a year as a FRAMING CONTRACTOR .  I LOVED TELLING NY YANKEES with slabs setting for months at a time No speak English.  As I am a BI-LING ANGLO, they would just about load there britches.  
    I go back and forth for family visits and the outstanding Chilles and notice more and more whats going on.  Indiana S.E. is a free-fire-zone.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Why have employees like this selling firearms?

I second that. I'll have to remember to steer clear of their incase I'm not in the mood to match wits with them...if I am, I'll just bring my 3yr old daughter...she could give them a run for their money.  Unfortunately I don't get the chance to get into ALB much...can't stand the 3 hr drive (one way).
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't recall running across very many geniuses working as retail clerks.

AMEN to that!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#9]
WARM BODIES.  that's all they are.  Hell most of the people in this town are just that.  Just a void of space that talks.

Now i have been to the sportsmans wearhouse and liked it.  I try not to talk to any of the sales man due to that "i use to be the french fry boy" that they mostly are.

enough out of me, i'll shut up.

m.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top