Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 1:44:06 PM EDT
The ARPC is holding their spring Gun Show this weekend at the Linn County Fairgrounds.

It’s not the biggest show in the world, but it’s a good one.

Right off I-5 in Albany.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been to a gunshow in... wow it may be more than a year. I might have to head up there this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just when I thought I was safe
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always thought it is a good show, and pretty big too (not PDX big, but a hell of a lot bigger than the shitshows we have here in Eugene).  I bought my first AR at a ARPC gunshow.  I would probably be in attendance this weekend, but I am heading up to Seaside on Friday and ain't gonna be back until late Sunday.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I am going early Saturday.

See if I can make it out of there without spending some money.

Yeah, that will happen....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
ARPC shows always seem pretty good to me.  Picked up a nice Mega lower there last year for an excellent price.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The ARPC show isn’t Portland big, but it’s a very good show.

The ARPC wants to have some of the different disciplines set up tables to try and get more folks involved in the different shooting sports. As of right now I’m scheduled to be at the Speed Steel/IPSC table for the first half of Saturday; stop by and say hi, I’m the little guy with the RE/MAX hat.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there!  Well..I guess I should say maybe- after my (not)showing at SS.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:14:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Can someone explain to me the process of selling a rifle at a show? FTF w/o FFL transfer

Do I just walk in with it.. check it in.. then walk around with a sign?

Then do the exchange in the parking lot?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Can someone explain to me the process of selling a rifle at a show? FTF w/o FFL transfer

I wouldn't suggest that.  The parking lot is typically considered to be part of the show, so you'd
be breaking the law.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't suggest that.  The parking lot is typically considered to be part of the show, so you'd
be breaking the law.

Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Bring your cel phone and a credit card, the folks at the show can give you a blue form (kinda like a 4473, but it's an Oregon form for FTF sales). use your phone to call it in and the state will charge your cc the $10.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Just in time to pick up a lower to go with my upper I'm picking up tomorrow The fiance will definently not be pleased.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
...The fiance will definently not be pleased.

I feel you pain.

When are you getting married?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Will ARPC have a sign-up booth there?

I want to join, just have not got around to it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea they always have booths either up front in the entrance or near the back in the main room.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#16]
So, for lack of better things to chat about, who all is going to be there and what are you looking for?

I need a couple springs for my old Hl-STANDARD and some more moon clips for my 45ACP Revolver.

Llookin to sell my 20-inch A2 upper and a SlG P220 45ACP.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there Saturday morning sometime. I'm looking for a ar lower (complete, stripped, parts kit etc) and complete bolt carrier assembly. I'm also looking for a low profile gasblock/flip up front sight. Probably going to pick up some more ammo as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be there chris.

Saturday. Prolly 11am to 3pm.

Looking to pick up some boxes of .308 for a project I'm working on

Its big, it's black and it's expensive.... and it's gonna lob big bullets at little targets at long distances...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'll be there chris.

Its big, it's black and it's expensive.... and it's gonna lob big bullets at little targets at long distances...

My M14 does that, but it's brown.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be there chris.

My M14 does that, but it's brown.

HAW HAW.

Black is beautiful, baby.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I need .45 and .308 ammo. I may also pick up some Wolf .223 for plinking.

Maybe a light, maybe a scope....

Maybe a new toy, I do have some space in my safe for another rifle or two.

I should probably just stay home.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be there on sunday, 11am on. I'm gonna be diggin through al the used AK crap pile tables I can find for a few parts I need for a few builds.... Look for the bigassed red head guy with the Guinness sweat shirt. Cant miss me!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll be there Saturday around 11am or noon. Not really looking for anything in particular, just kicking tires. Always in the market for AR parts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#24]
went to the show today. I renewed my NRA membership for 25$ got in for free and got a free hat..goodtimes

picked up a few  AK slings for 10$ each from C.R. Investment Arms. Got a few rusty AK mags for 5$ each. I also picked up some Ammo. Nothing super exciting to report. seen ARs and AR receivers at a decent price. 7.62 Ammo was real high. still Albany is a good show way better than Eugene shows. I'd say its worth the drive if you want to run around a gun show for a bit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I was suprised at the amount of people that were actually there. More of the same.. Not a whole lot of ar goodies though. I picked up a mega lower.. should have bought both of them, might go back tomorrow and snab it. Also picked up some 5.56 and 7.62x39
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I went to the show on saturday, and was a little disappointed at the utter lack of milsurp 308. not a single battle pack of south african or anything. otherwise, pretty good show. I heading to the big reno show next weekend, and it is supposed to be a very good show.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Was kind of dissapointed in the show.

No great prices to speak of, but I guess it was for the best as I didn't have any money to spend on something big.

Did pick up a few boxes of premium .308 ammo.  7.62x39 was horridly expensive....

It's a sad state of affairs when you see more people buying airsoft than guns...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, there was hardly any bulk ammo. I am kicking myself for not loading upon .308  a few monthes ago.

I snagged the last case of Q3131. I wanted some .45 ammo and settled for WWB 185 grain. I also picked up a battlepack of Wolf M193 to try out.

I looked at a M1A, but decided not to get it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I wasn't overly impressed with the show, but I wasn't dissapointed either. I didn't buy anything, but I didn't go in planning on buying anything. It's worth $5 just to go into those places and go people watching. I remember going to my first gun show there and thinking, "Damn, I could be these people's king!"

....I just wished some of those guys had taken a shower before heading into town. I guess that's what I get for going on Saturday to a crowd of "I bath every Sunday whether I need it or not!"s.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I was there at 8 to stand around and wait for the show to open. I did get to see some of you and also got to talk to some guys from PR. They did mention that "those guys from arf.com are fanatics," but they are very glad everybody is so enthusiastic and enjoys it.

I did find one of the springs I need for my old HI-STANDARD and did find a few moon clips for my 625. They’re nickel plated, pretty. Just like chrome valve covers make your car go faster…

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top