BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Alaskans: Check in (Page 9 of 9)
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I moved up to Juneau about 3 weeks ago now. From the time I've been in town, I'm really enjoying it. I spent all last week based in Fairbanks and traveling the Parks Hwy down to Healy and the Dalton Hwy up to the Yukon. this week I've been working in Anchorage and visiting projects in Eagle River and Wasilla. Loving it up here so far, can't wait for the family to join me next month.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey All,

I live in Anchorage, just wanted to say hi.  I'm a new user on the site, but I figured it's a good resource for all kinds of info.  I'm a lifelong Alaskan, only left for college.  And yes I realize I'm probably one of the few women in the hometown forum, but maybe I'm wrong?  Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.  If anyone needs info on Anchorage let me know.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, don't think we have any women in the HTF. Welcome trying to get my wife into some shooting. We're also in anchorage. EMP at birchwood so I shoot a lot.

Tom

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SandwichCoordinator:
Hey All,

I live in Anchorage, just wanted to say hi.  I'm a new user on the site, but I figured it's a good resource for all kinds of info.  I'm a lifelong Alaskan, only left for college.  And yes I realize I'm probably one of the few women in the hometown forum, but maybe I'm wrong?  Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.  If anyone needs info on Anchorage let me know.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the welcome!  I'm hoping to learn a lot and maybe get to know some of you.  I really enjoy shooting, still learning, but it's fun, definitely not just for the guys!  I hope you can get your wife interested, it's a great life skill to have to know even just the basics of guns and shooting.

Originally Posted By tbuck:
Awesome, don't think we have any women in the HTF. Welcome trying to get my wife into some shooting. We're also in anchorage. EMP at birchwood so I shoot a lot.

Tom

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tbuck:

Tom

Originally Posted By SandwichCoordinator:
Hey All,

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 EDT
[#5]
Checking in from Palmer. Middle aged, slightly not thin, bald guy that likes to shoot. Finally signed up instead of lurking.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Anchorage here! Just picked up a DDM4V9

Checking in!
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Guess after years of wandering around this site it was finally time to sign up. Lifelong alaskan, up in fairbanks these days.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Another new lady to the HTF.  

Probably gonna set up camp around Anchorage or Eagle River initially.  Hoping to escape a little further in fairly short order though.  Around the corner from 30, no kids/pets, just one BF that could mostly fall into either of the aforementioned categories.  I like to shoot, camp, off-road, make tasty things in crockpots, and sample wines and dark beers when given the opportunity. I'm always game for new adventures and friends so let's do this!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome welcome
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi, my name is Kat.
I work at a gunshop in Anchorage.
Alaska Custom Firearms. Steve is the boss, he does work with his son Kyle doing custom gunsmithing, I do the sales, parts finding, appraisals, etc.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I've been in AK since the beginning of July. I guess i could stop by and say hi in the check in thread.

Hi everyone! I'm in the Eagle River area.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Hi all,

I'm originally from Anchor Point, but have been out of state for 9 years. I just wrapped up my PhD in Physics at Oregon State and moved to Anchorage with my wife. I sure did miss it here. I'm currently looking for work , I have construction experience (laying water and sewer lines in the Kenai/Soldotna area) and a high mechanical aptitude. Now with that shameless plug is behind us, I'm a NFA guy (2 cans, SBR, SBS), 10mm fan, beer drinker, coffee fiend, an avid mountain biker and hiker. I like building things and have a jig for 80% AR15 lowers. If anyone wants to meet up, pm me, I'm up for just about anything.

Zack
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey guys, we (wife, myself, and our beagle) finally made it up here to Alaska.  We're currently calling Wasilla our home base, hope to spend as much time exploring the state as we can!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]
In Fairbanks for the time being. Work brings me here with the option to stay. Had an old account but no clue on what my name was or email addy so this is a new account.

Divorced, no kids , lots of toys :)

Now if it will just stop freaking raining here!
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:53:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been working in the Bristol Bay area since about April now, specifically Dillingham and now King Salmon. I was born in Anchorage but I've lived in the lower 48 most of my life and it's good to be back. I'm planning on moving to the Anchorage area next year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Long time lurker but recently been posting a bit more since I've been buying quite of stuff the past year and getting my 9 yr old into shooting sports. I enjoy the site quite a bit and finally got around to being a member of the Birchwood range.  Live in Eagle River and been a resident since '96. Originally from the east coast.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#20]
It appears the move back to Alaska is now official. I was stationed up at Wainwright from '06 - '10 and then moved back to Montana to go to college. It was always my intention to move back to Alaska and after three years of dragging our feet we finally took the plunge. I was up in Anchorage last week getting everything setup and we'll be hitting the ALCAN (my time #4) in early October to drag our stuff up there.

Edit: Arrived in Anchorage.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:37:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKPadre] [#21]
Hello all,

I pastor an Anglican church in Anchorage and have been up here for about a year.  I'm from northwestern PA originally and moved here from western NY.  I enjoy AR's and AK's, as well as older surplus rifles.  I'm hoping to find some training opportunties down here or in the Valley.  And I'm looking forward to getting out and doing some hiking and hunting.

Have a great day and God bless!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Just updating I guess

I'm Junior Rector, 40 married with kids. Live in South Anchorage. I'm buddies with TopWop but he recently bugged out to Hawaii. Always looking to drink a little beer, crank up the Haggard and talk shop. Hit me up here or feel free to FB me.

Also do a bit of blacksmithing on the side.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Part time Alaskan, just returned to Texas from a trip. We bought property in Glacier View last year and will begin splitting seasons here and there in a few years.

Waiting on the dozer guy now to clean off and improve an existing pad and road building plans are still tentative.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 1:57:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Im out just past Wasilla and grew up in Anchorage.

Got my first AR last year.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#25]
been visiting family up here for four years or so, just made the move up here permanent. We're in the Mat-Su Valley, still have more crap to bring up via trailer. Got lots of work to do here, need to build a shop too, property improvements, etc. Anyway...glad we're up here, place we came from is an absolute disaster.  Planning on living here the rest of my life, last move I'll ever do.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I live in Eagle River and I'm a regular at the Birchwood range.  Long time lurker; usually just read threads without posting.  Retired AF.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Born and raised in Anchorage, went to Mears and Dimond late 90s early 2000s.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Welcome. Not much activity in the home town forum these days. other than folks asking about Alaska. I just wish someone would make some sticky's and be done with it. Same old questions asked over and over again.

Tom
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Brian here. I just found this site, but have lived in AK since Dec. 2011. Was military now retired and live in Wasilla.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Hi everyone

I am from Alaska. Created an account long time ago while I used to live in California but that one is somehow gone.
So I had to make a new one with my.... company email (changed to my personal right away).
Just checking in. Good to see many members here. Cheers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:
I live in Eagle River and I'm a regular at the Birchwood range.  Long time lurker; usually just read threads without posting.  Retired AF.
View Quote
Is that you Jesse?
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Hello all.  My wife and I are new to the Fairbanks area.  I'm stationed at Wainwright.  We're both native Montanans, and coming to AK has always been a goal of ours.  Beats the hell out of my last duty station at FT Bragg, NC.  Looking forward to being outdoors again and seeing all Alaska has to offer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:41:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Moved up about three years ago, was stationed at JBER.  Retired last month and decided to stay.  We bought a place out in Palmer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:50:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ArmyAirborne:
Moved up about three years ago, was stationed at JBER.  Retired last month and decided to stay.  We bought a place out in Palmer.
View Quote

I like Palmer. I also moved up here three years ago, after getting out of the Army. I don't get out much due to a work and a family. If you ever want to go to Maud Rd some time, hit me up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:43:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Seems pretty quiet in here...

Alaskan born and raised, spent my whole life living in the Eastern interior. I'm a long time lurker, who finally broke down and got an account!

Have had a few AR-15's, AR-10's, FAL's and HK's over the last couple years.

Love hunting, fishing, and flying. Just married, no kids.

Spend a fair bit of time in the Fairbanks Area.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Welcome, yeah its sorta quiet in here now, not as much traffic as it use to get. The Alaska forum is alot of lower 48ers posting the usual " I want to move there because I watched an episode of XXX TV Show and want 40 acres and a 3000 sq ft house for $150,000" posts.  It's been years since we have had a ARFCOM Alaska get together and shoot. Alot of people seem to shoot at Cushman in Fairbanks or Maud Rd or Jonesville in the Mat Su. Me I dont like getting flagged by guns and almost shot so I shoot at birchwood
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 2:47:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Checking in from my new digs in Wasilla. Escaped Anchorage and looking for elbow room in the Valley. Aside from looking for property and outside of work (Energy Sector), focusing on training, prepping, and getting my USMC physique back after sitting on my ass for +20yrs. Not new to the site but new to getting local. Thanks and good shooting to you! Netsecsys
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Checking in from my new digs in Wasilla. Escaped Anchorage and looking for elbow room in the Valley. Aside from looking for property and outside of work (Energy Sector), focusing on training, prepping, and getting my USMC physique back after sitting on my ass for +20yrs. Not new to the site but new to getting local. Thanks and good shooting to you! Netsecsys
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Alaskans: Check in (Page 9 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top