Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 5:49:54 PM EDT
I recently made my annual trip up to Alaska to do a little backpacking with a few friends.  A few years ago I had the honor of meeting Ripak who many of you know.  Since meeting Ripak, he has gone out of his way to help me make these trips possible.  Ripak has arranged transportation to and from the airport, to REI / Wal-Mart to pickup last minute items not allowed for transport on commercial aircraft, and even a little sight seeing in the Anchorage and Girdwood areas.  Without him, these trips would not have been possible.  For that, I thank you Ripak.  I hope we can do it again real soon.  You are what ARFCOM is all about.  I hope I can do the same for other members one day.

Here are a few pictures of our trip.  Enjoy.

A moose spotted in a local's yard.

Same moose with two baby moose climbing into a local's swimming pool.  

Yep, that's me.  

Buddy of mine.  Dinner time.  Mountain House.

Please excuse the poor photography.  I sacrificed quality for weight reduction.  I hope you enjoyed.  Thanks again for everything Ripak.  I'm going to post this in GD for their enjoyment.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Great pictures!  Just remember, that is NOT where they will be drilling  Glad you had a good time in our great state
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad you had a good time in our beautiful state!

Nice to see that you had a little sun. Seems it's done nothing up here but rain this summer. Hopefully next year we'll be able to make up for it. Any plans for a return trip this year?

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
First, Thanks for the kind words.

They did have crappy weather for most of the trip/hike but when I was with them the weather was so so but not crappy.
I think I was a lucky charm for them.

Oh that pool the Moose were in got thrashed and leaked all the water out.
That pool is no longer in the yard.

~R
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Great pictures!  Just remember, that is NOT where they will be drilling  Glad you had a good time in our great state

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Glad you had a good time in our beautiful state!

Nice to see that you had a little sun. Seems it's done nothing up here but rain this summer. Hopefully next year we'll be able to make up for it. Any plans for a return trip this year?

Possibly in November.  I'm not sure where i'm wanting to go yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like you had a great time. Were the bugs bad?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top