I thought this meeting might be of interest to other shooters. Please spread the word and bring a friend. It should be an interesting look into the LE side of ballistics.
This month's AMGA meeting will be held on Wed Aug 31st at the SUNRISE GRILL. I've confirmed that they are open for business and expecting us. The formal meeting will begin at 7pm with the always popular social hour beginning at 6pm. We have a very special guest for this meeting thanks to Larry Boyle. This should be of interest to many shooters in the community so let's pass the word and show a great turnout. As always, our meetings are open to all interested shooters so bring a friend.
1) National Integrated Ballistic Information Network. Michele Czajkowski works at the state crime lab and is getting Alaska on line with the National Integrated Ballistic Information Network. This is new to Alaska and Michele is building the database of fired cartridge cases and bullets from crime scenes, or from firearms LE obtains from crime scenes or criminals. She has some handouts on the program as well. This is of definite interest to the Alaska shooting community and I promise that she will not be asking for cartridge 'donations' from our guns (<G>).
2) NRA BoD Shoot - Bill W. We'll get an update and evaluate firearm, ammunition, and attendance commitments due to the large number of NRA shooters we are expecting.
3) Goose Bay Social Shoot - Mark S. This was a WONDERFUL event. Mark will give us the customary after action report and discuss our next Goose Bay outing. Don't miss it!
4) 2006 AMGA Calendar - Tim S. Tim and I have been working together and have the calendar concept and details in place. The style will be similar to last year and we now need lots of NFA pictures. Tim will coordinate with the group on another photo day at the range. He will also be working with individuals on photos during other hours. We hope to not ask Tim to put in another 15 hour day in a 100 degree photo room. It was grueling! Start gathering significant dates in firearms history. That worked extremely well last year thanks to the dedicated effort of member services and other key individuals. If you intend to pre-order a large quantity of calendars please get your pre-commitments into the group. Based upon our recreational club status the primary sales outlet for these calendars will be through/for club members.
5) New Business (or anything I've left off the agenda)
6) Featured Firearms - Who has new toys?
I hope to see you then!