Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 2:04:12 PM EDT
Long Story Short:
I do a background check on everyone I look at hiring, and one of my latest ones came back with a 3rd degree misdemeanor "Theft By Deception". I believe that this is probably a "bad check/closed account" related issue, but I'd like to know exactly what it is before I make the decision to can thepplication.
The individual in question was very upfront about a bad divorce and credit issues relating to it, and calling previous supervisors confirmed everything this person has told us about other issues.
There's nothing like a little criminal history to turn someone from a frontrunner for the position into a File 13 nobody.

The background check does give a case number, but you have to pay big dollars to check court records for AL everywhere I've been. Any help would be appreciated.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't think you can get them, unless you have him sign a privacy waiver. personally, one manager to another. been there, done that, file 13 it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top