Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2018 9:58:13 AM EDT
B2 does the fly over around 11:30 today with it's low holding pattern out near Innsbrook.

B-52 does the fly over tomorrow same time and should be same holding pattern.

B-29, P-51, P-38, P-40, F-16, F-18 all flying today.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope somebody takes/posts pics, especially of the B2.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Did someone say "B2 Pic"?  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there today.  It was a good show, but cold!  No P-38.  I loved seeing the A-4 Skyhawk.

I might drive up tomorrow just to see the B-52 fly over.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:59:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hope somebody takes/posts pics, especially of the B2.
View Quote
It was wicked as you saw it off in the distance and then go right over you. Its the spookiest airplane I've ever seen.  Cool thing was everything and I mean everything was flying WAY lower than past shows at Spirit.  This was because the cloud ceiling was maybe 1000 feet?

The B-29 made a hard turn at the end of the runway to come in over the run way at a "show angle" and man it was like they were flying a fighter the way they through it around. crazy to see a big plane move like that.

F-16 going repeated full afterburner 50 feet off the runway for a touch and go.  F-18 full afterburner and high g turns at 500 ft

You could easily see the pilots, it was awesome.   It did seem like some aircraft didn't make the show like the P-38 so I think it gave other "acts" more time as the A-4 was fucking hot dogging like mad, low pass rolls, high speed passes / turns, I was pretty impressed by the Skyhawk and totally see how it kicked the AV8's ass in the Battle of the Falklands.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I went yesterday (sunday). Both the B29 and B25 were absolute treats. The F16 and Canadian F18 both put on great shows. With so much humidity in the air, there were a lot of cool "vapor effects" as they neared the sound barrier. They flew low and you were pretty close to the runway. It was great.
View Quote
I was there yesterday too and that was really cool!

What wasn't cool was when two Indian/Paki guys tried to steal my camping chairs while I took my kids to look at the jets/helicopters.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Nobody took pics?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Took a great video of the flyover of the B2.

B2 Flyover

F-16 High Speed pass

It was a great show, little cold, but a great show!
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Took a great video of the flyover of the B2.

B2 Flyover

F-16 High Speed pass

It was a great show, little cold, but a great show!
View Quote
Haha my B2 video looked just like yours, when you watch that thing its just mesmerizing, hard to keep a camera on it cause you want to look at it with your own eyes.  I was all the way to the left up by the run way as over there you can get great shots of them taxing out to the run way.

Here's a great video somebody took of the whole show.  Man that CAF-18 was subsonic and you actually saw the cloud bubble form off around the nose that you see in pics all the time.  Crazy to see it in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwJlffuo7A
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top