Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2007 1:05:15 AM EST
this is how my morning has gone.

at about 1:35 am the phone rings. wife wakes up to answer it. i ask whats going on. she informs me that there is an officer outside needing to talk to us/me. well it turns out that someone decided to chuck a rock through the window of my pickup. cop has all the pictures that he needs but wnated to let me know about it so that i could secure the vehicle. i ask him if he could wait until i retrive my iron......he gave me a puzzled look. i told him that if the perps were willing to do that, i was going to not be outside at that time of morning without it.......he waited until i returned and then went off to look for the group. whomever called in to the police said there ws a group of 3-4 14-16 year oldish males......i hope the catch the little $hits.......they ended up getting the passenger side window, chipping the drivers side window, scratching the hell out of my steering wheel(where the rock came across it), dnting the passenger side door(there was one rock on the drivers side floorboard, and another laying outside the passenger door) and they busted my turnsignal light out ..............................................so i have not been able to get back to sleep.

bb
Link Posted: 5/28/2007 4:49:24 AM EST
You should of called me at work, I was working from midnight to 0800.
Link Posted: 5/28/2007 6:21:03 AM EST
Sounds like the punks need a good ole ass whoopin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they find them so you don't have to turn it in to your insurance. Make the parents pay. That is sure to generate some sort of discipline. Hopefully of the paddle to ass type.
Link Posted: 5/28/2007 12:25:56 PM EST
Son of a *****! Why can't people just leave other people's stuff alone? You hear of these things happening to others that I don't even know, but WOW, I hope you end up getting compensated in more ways than one. Stupid Worthless Punks!
Link Posted: 5/28/2007 3:12:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By ozzy1038:
Sounds like the punks need a good ole ass whoopin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they find them so you don't have to turn it in to your insurance. Make the parents pay. That is sure to generate some sort of discipline. Hopefully of the paddle to ass type.

If the kids are already damaging other people belongings, it's to late for the parents to start being a parent. Personally, the parents need a slap across the head to wake them up. Most of the time the they not aware of what their children are doing now-a-days.
Link Posted: 5/28/2007 5:09:20 PM EST
i just want to know what the hell kids of that age are doing out at that time of night. PO said that cerfew was in place yet and that 10:30 was it.......he said he had seen no one out throughout the night.....i dont know.....i did get the glass cleaned up and fixed 'er up missouri style.........we gots some duct tape holding plexi in for now.....

tomorrow the battle begins with the insurance company.

bb
Link Posted: 5/28/2007 6:31:55 PM EST
Damn man. That sucks. The problem I see is that none of these little shits (they are all over) have absolutely no respect for anyone or anything. They teach them crap like that in school. Things like 'if your parents whoop your ass you can call the cops on them' and 'since you are a minor you have no accountability for any of your actions'.

I'm sick of it. When my oldest (now 18) was about 13 he tried that crap with me. I handed him the phone and told him to call 911 cause he would have about 15 minutes alone with me before the police showed up. Needless to say he didn't make that call. My youngest (now 12) recently got the same information relayed to him when he was going to call the police cause he got one across the seat.

We all know there is a difference between discipine and abuse and unfortunately there is alot of abuse, but if a child needs to get a whoopin' then damnit leave the parent alone to discipline their kid. And if it's abuse, beat the parent.

Didn't mean to start ranting but the disrespect being shown by our youth is WAY out of hand.

bb I hope all works out well for ya.

Joe
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 1:46:23 PM EST
i agree with both of you guys..........the fucking shit that kids are taught in schools is crap.......no disrespect yammer......i do agree that there is a difference between discipline and abuse......it might be a very fine line in there, that when pissed gets really fuzzy......

anyhow, i got estimates today........how much damage has to be done for the act to be a felony? i am curious.

my dmagae is at or just under $2K

bb
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 2:55:25 PM EST
Have they found out who even did this yet?

Sad thing about this is that since juvs were involved most likely what will happen with them is that they will be referred to Juv. courts, they will be ordered to pay for the damages and that will be it (this depends on how your county atty will try them. If I was you, I'd be talking to your Co. Atty). If any of them were 17, they may be able to charge them as an adult. All this is dependent on how the Officer wrote the tickets.

When they turn 18, it's almost like they didn't do anything wrong, in the court's mind.

This whole process will take time and I'm sure it will not go fast enough for you Killar. Just be patient (the courts only go so fast) and persistent (The Co. Atty may offer a plea agreement and if you don't like it, tell him).
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 3:10:11 PM EST
at this point there are a few leads, but that is all......

locally we have had a rash of this type of shit lately...i cannot remember a month going by and not seeing that someones car windows were broken out, or shot out(seems like bb guns are a popular weapon around here). it just really sux. i have already given up most hope that the young adults that did this will ever be found.

bb
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 3:10:33 PM EST
It could have been worse, there could have been a turd on the dashboard.
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 3:15:27 PM EST
My stepson wound up hanging around a troublemaker when he was 14. He (troublemaker) came from a family that didn't believe in any type of punishment and one day they wound up breaking some windows out of a local school. They were caught and we wound up helping to pay for the winow. The troublemaker wound up getting into more trouble the following year and the family wound up moving away. My wife and I could tell he was going to be a problem because of the lack of concern his parents had when this happened. Their attitude was it was no big deal.

According to the local police, if you spank them and the mark stays for longer than 24 hours than they can arrest you for hitting the child.
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 6:26:03 PM EST

According to the local police, if you spank them and the mark stays for longer than 24 hours than they can arrest you for hitting the child.

I've heard the same (from LEO's) but if the kid knows how to 'ham-it-up' you can toss that rule out the friggin window. There are so many different ways they can play it off and then CPS (Child Protective Services) or whatever local entity will start crawling up the parents ass. Yes they are needed in quite a few situations, but there are a lot of times they overstep and cause problems for parents that are trying to raise their kids to be descent people.

I know of a family (4 or 5 kids IIRC) that constantly had CPS involved, actually removed the kids at least twice and returned them to a terrible situation. We've all heard the horror stories, no shoes, no coats, dog shit all over the house, ect.... The oldest daughter finally called in and all the kids were removed once and for all. Now she's putting herself through college, as is the oldest boy and the remaining kids are in foster care and doing great.

There is a deep yearning in MOST people to be good and to please people in authority, unfortunately the kids that do shit like this (OP's situation) have been so desensitized by uncaring parents/guardians that they lost that natural instict at a very early age. There is no respect for anything or anyone. Sorry to rant but I get so wound up over this shit I can't help it. I know I probably started babbbling and running around what I'm trying to convey but I think I got my point across.

<yammer I take it you're in the educational system, I hope my comments didn't offend you (the ones about public schools). I know that not all the educators teach drivel like that, but all it takes is one to mention it. Kid's hear what they want to hear and take that for gospel.>

/rant off
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 7:23:35 AM EST
I totally agree with what you are saying custom-concepts. The kids are taught at an early age to be spies and tattle on their parents for the most minor of things. I believe that DHS is totally fucked up. Once they butt into your business they are there forever it seems.

For instance my sister is very needy. She has always been jealous if anyone but her receives any attention. So when she was in her early teens she called DHS and said that she was being neglected. They came in and wanted us all to have counseling. I flat out told them to fuck off. My sister is/was the one with the problem, but due to the way DHS and liberal society looks at things it was all our fault that she just couldn't get enough attention. She ended up staying in a foster home for awhile until they realized that she was manipulating the system. She came home after that.

It seems to me that DHS spends more time on bullshit cases than ones that actually need their attention. I may be wrong. I hate the way that they barge into your life and act like God telling you what you can and can't do. I really think that they get off on the power trip.

Suffice it to say that DHS is one of the reasons I do not plan on having kids. Kids are given too much power anymore, and one little spanking that the child interprets as abuse due to their teachers and whoever else saying that a spanking is abuse, and next thing you know DHS is at your door.

Basically I will NOT tolerate anyone else telling me how to live my life or raise my kids.

Maybe we have the problems we do in America today with crime and the like, because kids don't get disciplined like they should. I still believe in the old adage "spare the rod, spoil the child".

There is my rant.
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 1:20:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/30/2007 1:22:55 PM EST by yammerschooner]

...one little spanking that the child interprets as abuse due to their teachers...

There is my rant.

Whoa there bucko! How did you figure out yesterday's lesson plan? Give me 10 years and we will change the definition of "abuse" to " daddy looked at me funny."

No offense taken CC; however, it is my experience that most problems start outside of the classroom. 95% of the time, the parents who I would like to see at conferences are the ones who do not show up. I need help to transform kids into productive adults.

I will not argue that there are not bad teachers. I have met several, though they are a poor representation of the majority. The trick to the profession is knowing when to get the hell out of it.

If kids who got in trouble at school consistently got in trouble at home for their antics the world would be a much better place. I am not a parent, nor do I pretend to play one on TV. I do my best to make the world a better place than it was in the past, even though I am sure it is a losing battle.

I can (and have) made more money throwing boxed beef, selling telephones, and answering questions about wrenches than I can teaching. I choose to teach because it is my calling. At the end of the day I influence more minds than anyone short of parents. To them I cannot hold a candle.

This is the last time I will post an opinion about my chosen profession in this forum.
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 3:43:04 PM EST
yammer,

you know the old saying about 1 bad apple spoiling the whole bunch.........teachers get rather scrutinized through the media, and remember it takes 10 good things done to get rid of 1 bad thing done.

sucks that our society has come down that far.

bb
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 5:33:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By yammerschooner:

...one little spanking that the child interprets as abuse due to their teachers...

There is my rant.

Whoa there bucko! How did you figure out yesterday's lesson plan? Give me 10 years and we will change the definition of "abuse" to " daddy looked at me funny."

No offense taken CC; however, it is my experience that most problems start outside of the classroom. 95% of the time, the parents who I would like to see at conferences are the ones who do not show up. I need help to transform kids into productive adults.

I will not argue that there are not bad teachers. I have met several, though they are a poor representation of the majority. The trick to the profession is knowing when to get the hell out of it.

If kids who got in trouble at school consistently got in trouble at home for their antics the world would be a much better place. I am not a parent, nor do I pretend to play one on TV. I do my best to make the world a better place than it was in the past, even though I am sure it is a losing battle.

I can (and have) made more money throwing boxed beef, selling telephones, and answering questions about wrenches than I can teaching. I choose to teach because it is my calling. At the end of the day I influence more minds than anyone short of parents. To them I cannot hold a candle.

This is the last time I will post an opinion about my chosen profession in this forum.

Did you read and respond before or after the barley pop? I am referring to elementary school ages. When most kids actually get (got) spankings, and when they are/were most susceptible to coercion and suggestion.
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 6:41:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/30/2007 6:42:13 PM EST by custom-concepts]
BB - Any updates yet? I hope the little shits that did this get caught. And hopefully the system actually punishes them.

yammer - I hope I didn't sound like I was blaming the majority of public (or private) educators, because I'm not. There are some damn good teacher that really do teach to better the students lives. Unfortunately there seems to be an evergrowing trend of laziness (in ALL trades). I may be off base here but I'm gonna jump on the ole soap box again. With all of the cases of ADD and ADHD being diagnosed and treated with medications it just makes me feel that there are teachers that just want a classroom of docile subserviant kids. I know that there are legit cases of ADD and ADHD but for god sakes not 1 in 3 kids have it. My wife is a psychology major (already has an Associates just about got her Bachelors) and reading some of the studies that are done is mind blowing. There is a fucking pill for everything and then a pill to counter the side affects of the first. (Here I go bouncing around again !!) The way I see it is our youths are being turned into mindless lemmings at about the age of 5. This is just a small part of it. The big part (as you stated earlier yammer) is at home. There are too many idiots that have kids and shouldn't be allowed to own a dog. The don't care what their children do just so long as they stay out of the parents way. I see alot of young (10-12 year olds) out fucking around at 10 - 11pm, and I just sit there and think 'Gee, I wonder if their parents are at the bar, or just out smoking a little crack while their kids run the streets.' The kids then learn this behavior and when they get old enough pass it on to their kids, generally with a little added bull shit. I don't see an end to it. I don't think that the .gov should get involved, but we (as a society) need to get involved more. I don't think that children should be raised by the community, but in some of the smaller towns I think that there should be more of an effort put forth to give the kids something creative to do. All the time I was growing up there were 2 bars in a town of about 400. Gee, what do you think most of the kids did while Mom and Dad were sitting in the bar til 2am.... We were out drinking and smoking. Hell I was a raging alcholic by the age of 14 (no exageration). Went to AA the first time at 16. How's that for fucked up. And I see the same shit repeating itself and getting worse. Yet again I think I took about 4 different avenues and I'm not sure if I got my point across....

In a nutshell I think that we have to involve kids in positive activities, and when we see their parents fucking up we should be able to kick them in the ass.

I'm gonna stop posting on this topic cause I just keep getting more and more pissed each time I think about it. Then I start jumping around on different (yet related) sub-topics and I sound like a babbling idiot.

Thanks all,
Joe

ETA: spelling (I know there's more but I don't care..)
Link Posted: 5/31/2007 4:39:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By custom-concepts:
BB - Any updates yet? I hope the little shits that did this get caught. And hopefully the system actually punishes them.

yammer - I hope I didn't sound like I was blaming the majority of public (or private) educators, because I'm not. There are some damn good teacher that really do teach to better the students lives. Unfortunately there seems to be an evergrowing trend of laziness (in ALL trades). I may be off base here but I'm gonna jump on the ole soap box again. With all of the cases of ADD and ADHD being diagnosed and treated with medications it just makes me feel that there are teachers that just want a classroom of docile subserviant kids. I know that there are legit cases of ADD and ADHD but for god sakes not 1 in 3 kids have it. My wife is a psychology major (already has an Associates just about got her Bachelors) and reading some of the studies that are done is mind blowing. There is a fucking pill for everything and then a pill to counter the side affects of the first. (Here I go bouncing around again !!) The way I see it is our youths are being turned into mindless lemmings at about the age of 5. This is just a small part of it. The big part (as you stated earlier yammer) is at home. There are too many idiots that have kids and shouldn't be allowed to own a dog. The don't care what their children do just so long as they stay out of the parents way. I see alot of young (10-12 year olds) out fucking around at 10 - 11pm, and I just sit there and think 'Gee, I wonder if their parents are at the bar, or just out smoking a little crack while their kids run the streets.' The kids then learn this behavior and when they get old enough pass it on to their kids, generally with a little added bull shit. I don't see an end to it. I don't think that the .gov should get involved, but we (as a society) need to get involved more. I don't think that children should be raised by the community, but in some of the smaller towns I think that there should be more of an effort put forth to give the kids something creative to do. All the time I was growing up there were 2 bars in a town of about 400. Gee, what do you think most of the kids did while Mom and Dad were sitting in the bar til 2am.... We were out drinking and smoking. Hell I was a raging alcholic by the age of 14 (no exageration). Went to AA the first time at 16. How's that for fucked up. And I see the same shit repeating itself and getting worse. Yet again I think I took about 4 different avenues and I'm not sure if I got my point across....

In a nutshell I think that we have to involve kids in positive activities, and when we see their parents fucking up we should be able to kick them in the ass.

I'm gonna stop posting on this topic cause I just keep getting more and more pissed each time I think about it. Then I start jumping around on different (yet related) sub-topics and I sound like a babbling idiot.

Thanks all,
Joe

ETA: spelling (I know there's more but I don't care..)

Once again I agree with you. I will go one further and say that it may go beyond teachers and schools wanting docile complacent kids. It's in the interest of the government as well. Get em hooked young and keep em that way. That way eventually everyone will be sheep. Most doctors anymore are just glorified drug pushers. Something really has to change.

You can't be a free thinking, intelligent, and observant citizen in this country anymore without being pissed off on a daily basis. Some people may call it pessimism. I call it realism.
Link Posted: 5/31/2007 6:34:33 AM EST

Once again I agree with you. I will go one further and say that it may go beyond teachers and schools wanting docile complacent kids. It's in the interest of the government as well. Get em hooked young and keep em that way. That way eventually everyone will be sheep. Most doctors anymore are just glorified drug pushers. Something really has to change.

You can't be a free thinking, intelligent, and observant citizen in this country anymore without being pissed off on a daily basis. Some people may call it pessimism. I call it realism.

+ infinity. Uneducate the masses and they will blindly follow you ....

Thanks ozzy you nailed it. (And I am resisting from a big rant 'cause now I KNOW I've hijacked bb's thread. Sorry man.)

Joe
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 6:58:21 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 9:22:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2007 9:27:01 AM EST by septic-tank13]
bb,

sorry to hear you were a victim of foolishness. i'd bet if those kids got up to chore at 5AM they wouldn't be out grab assing after midnight. i never had a curfew - my folks said i could stay out as late as i'd like. they also let me know i would be called one time and one time only to get up for chores the next AM (a time of their choosing, but usually before 5AM)... i seemed to quickly find a way to have fun with some degree of responsibility - i have great parents!

as for the rest of you,

if you don't want DHS or the Police in your lives, don't give them a reason to show up...

i've got a pretty good handle on how this stuff works. wifey runs one of the departments in polk county...

although everyone here has probably had a poor experience with both it is important to remember both are a REaction to an action. she and i agree that you don't want the state in your life for any reason. unfortunately each individual case requires one on one attention. simple, right? not really. if we'd employ and pay first rate workers to use good judgement, make an assessment and then leave it might work. instead we have to use a series of rules that aren't well suited to everyone's needs. the only way then to better help is to add more rules and more regulations in an effort to blanket the situation - this way nobody is left out and result is a virtual hell for ALL those involved.

keep voting democrat and the layers will increase...

as far as school goes... i see public school as a reflection of us, not the teachers. true, the minority suck - i can say that because my mom, two grandmas, two uncles, three aunts, and one cousin are teachers (good ones of course). but by their own admission too few make the extra effort required to help those who need it, as the work during school hours won't be reciprocated once the kids get home. can you blame a PS teacher for being a slacker? the state of iowa won't pay them, and everybody likes to blame them for their kids inability to get a job, so what the hell? this is a problem we've created for ourselves and we're all taking a nibble of the shit sandwich now...

private/religious school or home schooling are the best choices. a small public school in a rural community (with a good track record) is a good second choice. city kids in PS don't have a chance if their folks won't help out all the time.

two cents.

Link Posted: 6/3/2007 9:31:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2007 9:33:16 AM EST by septic-tank13]

Suffice it to say that DHS is one of the reasons I do not plan on having kids.

that's assinine... you're a smart guy, a good man, intelligent, caring, and honest. as i see it you are duty bound to a strong free America to have children. stupid people shit out kids as fast as they can _uck... we need more intelligent free thinking people around this United States - not fewer as the trend is going.

think about it. if you aren't going to help shape the future do you really believe you're allowed a voice over who others SHOULD shape it? and if you choose "yes" should it be encouraged?

don't be a couch commando. get in the game!

you have my support. i'll babyset for you and yours anytime!
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:17:19 PM EST
you guys wont believe this shit

i am so fucking pissed right now

i got my window fixed today, well that was the good part. but tonight i am sitting around watching some tv.......bout 10:45, i here my truck alarm going off again.

i hurry to the 45 and flashlight and out the door i go........these little fuckers busted the windshield in my wifes jeep and the chunk of concrete came over and hit my truck...........cops were called and they are looking even harder now that it is a repeat offense..........

i hope the cops catch them before i do

bb
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 4:24:12 AM EST
WTF!!!!

I hope those little shits get nailed. I think it's gone way beyond 'simple mischief'. It almost sounds like they're targeting you specifically. I am at a loss....

These kids have no idea of what respect is. I can just envision them walking down the street acting all 'bad-ass' and being loud and obnoxious while doing so. Talking shit and trying to impress each other with their wit and lack of respect (for others and themselves).

I've had a couple groups of kids walk past my place at night 10:30pm (and later) doing shit like that and I try to let them be, but there's been a couple of times I've told them (in no uncertain words) to get the fuck out of here. Little punks sit there and talk shit back until I told them I didn't care if I spent the night in jail I was gonna knock the shit out of all them. Seemed to get my point across. I was actually expecting some type of retaliation similar to what you are going through.

Again, I'm at a loss as to what to say. I wish there was something I could do to help out.

Could you possibly set up a securty camera? I know you probably don't want to incur any more cost, but the audacity of these little shits leads me to beleive that they will be back. Too bad it's illegal to booby trap shit

Best of luck man. Keep us posted.

Joe
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 4:41:14 AM EST
I would head to wally world or the like and purchase a cheap monitor camera and bust those little fuckers. That has me pissed off. Do you have a motion detecting light?
Being the quasi macgyver that I am, I would rig a real loud siren/alarm to the light so that when it comes on, it would also trigger the alarm. I think it is definitely time to clean out that garage.
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 5:03:37 AM EST

man, what a kick in the crotch. that makes me real mad.

bb, i'm sorry you're having these kinds of problems. i wish there was something i could do to directly aid you.

chin up friend, let the process work and see what it all looks like when the dust settles.

-ST13
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 2:26:51 PM EST
Maybe you have a friend that has a trail cam you can use. I think that would catch the bastards.
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 4:13:46 PM EST

Maybe you have a friend that has a trail cam you can use. I think that would catch the bastards.

i never thought of that. GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 5:50:39 PM EST
With my luck, the trail cam would only get a close pic of the rock flying directly at it. I can't believe that the vandals struck twice. Unfortunately, there are some times when a baseball bat could relieve more frustration than any firearm. I'd be camped out in the bed of the truck till them B'stards came back. Minors or not, fleeing or not, I'd probably be going to jail with a smile on my face.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:09:12 AM EST
I can relate to what your going through. About five years ago that happened to us several times. That's when I bought my first AK.

Each time the bill was a little less than our deductable. They later progressed to throwing rocks at the house. We got no where with the system. Very frustrating to say the least. Realy torques me off that people are that blatently disrespectful. They would come back by in the evening sometimes and rub it in, taunt us.

Confronted some of the perps that I spotted with an adult, thinking that maybe the parents would put a stop to it. I did so as nicely as I possibly could, and they cussed me out, and acussed me of being a racist, and started that rumor circulating around the neighbor hood because the kids were black and I am not.

It finally stopped after I did the oposite of what I felt like doing. I started praying that everyone of the little burgers would be come saved and walk the straight and narrow.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top