Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 9:39:58 PM EDT

what can anyone tell me about the August 26th+27th shoot at Morristown MN, hosted by "tankride.com"

http://www.tankride.com/Special_Events.html

im really interested in going to a large shoot, and maybe even try out some full autos...

any details on this event?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been there the last 3 years. This is a great event for the whole family. The major gun manufacturers have reps there, you can test fire their guns for the price of the ammo. There is a trail you follow that has venders that have different weaponary to shoot for $5. The 45acp, and 9mm auto (you get 15rds for $5) I forget the round size, but you use anti tank round to shoot a Chevy. There is a small flea market.

Cost $5 to get in the gate, and there is a show by a trick shooter. The Ahlman family has a real nice set up, including an old store front with board walk that they do a show from. Old Fort Ahlman has a cannon or 2 the show how to shoot. Indian leathers, wood carvers, all kinds of stuff...
Just bring a fist full of $5 bills to shoot all the guns you want to.
Winchester has a truck load of ammo for sale. All gun reps have very colorful magazines of guns.

Now you say tank rides... and shoot the tannerite! This could be interesting!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Info from Ahlman's site on the "Shooters Roundup"

Each year, on the 4th weekend of August,  Ahlman's put on the greatest shooting show you'll ever see:  SHOOTER'S ROUNDUP.   Here's a brief list of what takes place:

FACTORY GUN TESTING...Nearly all the major gun companies set up test ranges where YOU can personally test fire their guns. Many offer free shooting, some charge for ammo.

EXOTIC GUN TESTING...Ever had the urge to shoot a machine gun, or a .50 cal? How about blasting a Chevy with a Browning A-4 or knock out one of Saddam's tanks with a 25 mm anti-tank gun?  You can do all this (legally) at Shooter's Roundup.

WILDERNESS HUNT...Our most popular event. You'll face 15 challenges that demand proficiency with shotgun, rifle, handgun, bow, knife (and a few others we toss in to keep you awake). Score high and win guns and other valuable prizes.

PRIZE HUNT...If you don't care for the physical demands of the wilderness hunt, try our prize hunt. Locate all 15 sites and qualify for valuable prizes.

OLD WEST MELODRAMA...You'll cry when Sweet Sally is gunned down. You'll gasp when cowboys fall from the rooftops. You'll applaud when the posse gets Black Bart. You'll love this half hour show with it's cast of 40. Two shows daily.

TRICK SHOOTING SHOW...This one hour show will put you on the edge of your chair as you stare in disbelief at the impossible shots done by our trick shooter. Famous name performers such as BILL OGLESBY, TOM KNAPP and JOHN SATTERWHITE will dazzle you with their performance.  One show daily.

SHOPPING FOR SHOOTING...There's over 150 vendors at Shooters Roundup for you to check out.  And...if you don't find what you're looking for, check out Ahlman's Gun Store which has over 3,000 guns on display.

WHAT'S IT COST?...Here's the good part. Admission is only $5. for both days. You won't find another show this side of the Mississippi that offers this much entertainment for only five bucks. Of course, if you test fire every single gun, enter every contest and pork out at all the food stands, you can run up the tab a bit.  But...you'll have a blast doing it.

WHEN?...This year's event will be held Aug. 26 & 27.  Gates open at 9AM and close at 5. Be sure to come early because it takes all day to see everything. For more details, call us at (507) 685-4243 and we'll mail you a flyer.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
what can anyone tell me about the August 26th+27th shoot at Morristown MN, hosted by "tankride.com"

im really interested in going to a large shoot, and maybe even try out some full autos...

THIS IS NOT HOSTED BY TANK RIDE.
I have moved my company to the property that is owned by Alhman's and they host this event. I will be at this event (along with several 100 other vendors)
I will have a small selection of weapons out for people to fire.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS IS NOT HOSTED BY TANK RIDE.
I have moved my company to the property that is owned by Alhman's and they host this event. I will be at this event (along with several 100 other vendors)
I will have a small selection of weapons out for people to fire.

yeah, didnt mean to step on your foot there by suggesting it was hosted by tank ride, i actually meant to put a few ???s after i posted that so people got the impression i didnt know if it was hosted by tankride or not... but i forgot the ???s  

anyways, can i bring my own firearms to practice with also ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
You may not bring your own weapons to this event.

Alhmans does have a range that may be used to sight in your weapons. I don't know if it is open for that on this weekend but is on every other day.

Tank Ride may at some point open the Machine Gun Area up for others. But, this will be next year or later. I am also looking at several other options in this area. Open shoots once a month, A public club, private club, yearly/biyearly shoots. The one thing I will confirm is 80% of all funds raised by this will go to improvments/upgrades the first year. Then as needed the following.

There are other plans in the works some of them be found at my web site.

Last I was not concered with you stepping on my toes. I did not want credit for something I did not set up/run. Larry and Mike Alhman and their crew run a great event. I did not to take away from the years of effort they have put into this event.

Chris Berg
WWW.TankRide.com
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Chris, i live in inver grove heights and by some coincidence a day before i read of your business i saw a truck a mile from my house with "tankride.com" written down the side of it in big stickers- that didnt happen to be you did it? this was a couple weeks ago i think
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, that was me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, that was me.

small world.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

huh ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
So, are there going to be tank rides? shoot tannerite?
I saw a tank on a trailor last year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The tank you saw last year was not mine.

As far as tank rides the days of the event we are not planing on giving any. In past events the machine guns seem to be what people are most intersted in. (This will change based on demand). Yes Tannerite will be placed on the machine gun area as supplies last if my order does not get here by friday.

Chris Berg
www.TankRide.com
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I grew up in Faribault and moved to Sioux City in my late 20s. My dad purchased my first .22 rifle and Ahlmans. I have had a shotgun blued there and night sights installed on my duty weapon, an HK USP .45f. I was able to have him put the sights on the gun and then take it outside to shot it. I bought it in for a slight adjustment and went back out and shot. It is dead on accurate. Top Gun in my adademy accurate.

This is a top quality gun seller with a full line of service. I remember them being an authorized Browning repair center. They have been fair with trades and have an extensive display of used rifles and shotguns. It you want gunsmithing done right Ahlmans is THE place.

I have made it to many of their shooter's roundups. Colt puts on a great display as well as Smith & Wesson.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top