Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/24/2005 2:16:31 PM EDT
Was out running errands today, and figured I would toss the Glock on my hip. I counted about 35 holy shits and 15 "hey, is that a nine?". No dogs were shot, no po-po drew down on me, and yes, you can carry in blockbuster.

Just thought I'd share

GT
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 2:35:38 PM EDT
I want a holster for my raging bull so I can open carry that beast through scottsdale for shits and grins.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 2:42:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
I want a holster for my raging bull so I can open carry that beast through scottsdale for shits and grins.

hehehe
I had a Ruger new model blackhawk with a 10 and a half inch barrel. I carried that hogleg around in a shoulder holster a few times . Damn thing weighed 6 pounds! That got some funny stares.
It got even more looks when my wife and I took it to Caswells. My wife is teeny tiny--bout 100 lbs, and 30 of that is boobs. The counter guys in there had the funniest expressions on their faces when she was shooting that....
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:09:39 PM EDT
Am I just twisted, or does it sound like some fun to organize some group open carry get togethers and visit different public places of interest? If eleven guys walk into a restaurant or movie theater or whatever all open carrying, thing some onlooker will panic and call 911?

Come to think of it...didn't somebody used to organize a once-a-month dinner where a bunch of pro-RKBA types would meet for dinner at a restaurant and discuss state RKBA issues?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:26:38 PM EDT
Interesting, you guys act like you don't do this very often.

Secondarily, you must all be urbanites - in the better parts of arizona, you get no response at all...
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:11:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:
My wife is teeny tiny--bout 100 lbs, and 30 of that is boobs.

Got any pics?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:22:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mylhouse:

Got any pics?

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:53:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CeramicGod:

Secondarily, you must all be urbanites - in the better parts of arizona, you get no response at all...

Very true!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:34:52 PM EDT
One day I will settle the question of how far I will be able to walk from my house with an AR-15 over my shoulder.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:50:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tfod:
One day I will settle the question of how far I will be able to walk from my house with an AR-15 over my shoulder.

I am thinking about trying that in a couple weks when I turn 18 and get my first :D

if anything I will still open carry my XD-9.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:48:26 AM EDT
I have a feeling the police will be more than happy to give you a ride to wherever I am walking to. It is legal, but I wouldn’t take my Dog.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:27:45 AM EDT

When I first moved out here (before the Kalifornian land grab) I seldom got a second look. The blockbuster I went to is in "Power Ranch", a bunch of quarter mil cookie cutter houses. I am thinking the transplants have likely never even seen a real gun, never mind some guy wearing one while out to rent a game.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:31:03 AM EDT

Got any pics?

You can believe me that she is EXTREMELY gorgeous......seriously. You can also believe me that she would shoot him DEAD if he posted a pic, no matter how innoccuous. This girl is SO Liberterian/Privacy Rights/Hates Gun Control/Wants all Democrats and Libs Dead minded that she makes most of us look like raving, sissy liberals.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:39:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By desertmoon:

Got any pics?

You can believe me that she is EXTREMELY gorgeous......seriously. You can also believe me that she would shoot him DEAD if he posted a pic, no matter how innoccuous. This girl is SO Liberterian/Privacy Rights/Hates Gun Control/Wants all Democrats and Libs Dead minded that she makes most of us look like raving, sissy liberals.

I don't think she would shoot me dead. Severely wounded maybe. Shot in the junk certainly. But I don't think she'd kill me. But she knows where the guns are, and I sleep soundly.....not gonna risk it
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:06:57 AM EDT
OK, so how about you ask HER if she'll post a pic of herself, with the 'anonymous' black rectangles over her eyes?

You can't tease us with phrases like "30lbs of boobs" and "EXTREMELY GORGEOUS" without some sort of photographic material evidence.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:15:21 AM EDT
Carried my 1911 into subway on southern and mill on sunday, and a family from i think Wisconsin talk to me about their laws there....asked me if i had my permit and all....just said i love this state cuz we dont need one.

And on the AR...my buddy and i have done that in our complexes but never anywhere too public. maybe try it sometime but im sure the cops will be on us
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 10:52:58 AM EDT

+1

In a way I've been opening carrying carrying since I was 6 or 7. And I can't remember anyone ever batting an eye at my brother, my dad, or I.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 11:32:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Robbie:
Am I just twisted, or does it sound like some fun to organize some group open carry get togethers and visit different public places of interest? If eleven guys walk into a restaurant or movie theater or whatever all open carrying, thing some onlooker will panic and call 911?

How about Sinistral's Open carry movie night?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:29:45 PM EDT
I open carry around places in Tucson a lot. Only time I've ever gotten a real reaction to it was when someones child saw it and started asking me questions. Heh.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/25/2005 3:39:44 PM EDT by eodinert]
I opern carry in Phoenix pretty regular; I rarely get any comments at all. Occasionally I even find myself in the QT at 0200 hrs, I can tell they notice, but they never say anything.

I think the last comment I got was ..."are you a cop?". The last one before that was a snowbird and ended up being a friendly conversation about freedom.

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:22:39 PM EDT

I have a feeling the police will be more than happy to give you a ride to wherever I am walking to. It is legal, but I wouldn’t take my Dog.

Quote material!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:13:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrPink123:
Carried my 1911 into subway on southern and mill on sunday, and a family from i think Wisconsin talk to me about their laws there....asked me if i had my permit and all....just said i love this state cuz we dont need one.

And on the AR...my buddy and i have done that in our complexes but never anywhere too public. maybe try it sometime but im sure the cops will be on us

What would the cops do to you, if your technically doing something legal?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 12:21:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:

Originally Posted By MrPink123:

What would the cops do to you, if your technically doing something legal?

I think that for sure they would at least ask us why we had them out like that..... the only thing i can think of that we could get in touble for would be if people started freaking out they might be able to hit us with disturbing the peace or something
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:23:10 PM EDT

The counter guys in there had the funniest expressions on their faces when she was shooting that....

Did it go something like this?

*BOOM!!*
jigglejig­gle
*drooooool*
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:43:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:

The counter guys in there had the funniest expressions on their faces when she was shooting that....

*BOOM!!*
jigglejig­gle
*drooooool*

Yup. When she was shooting the autos, it was pretty much
*Bang*Jig*Bang!*le*bang*dro*bang*ol.....

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:35:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:

*BOOM!!*
jigglejig­gle
*drooooool*

Yup. When she was shooting the autos, it was pretty much
*Bang*Jig*Bang!*le*bang*dro*bang*ol.....

I need video.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:35:54 PM EDT

Come to think of it...didn't somebody used to organize a once-a-month dinner where a bunch of pro-RKBA types would meet for dinner at a restaurant and discuss state RKBA issues?

Twisted or not straight??? If a bunch of guys that open carrying that looked even somewhat professional most folks would figure you're LEO at a class or something
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:49:43 PM EDT
Rosa Parks did not give into the opinions of the wrong.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:30:43 AM EDT

Rosa Parks did not give into the opinions of the wrong.

Hmmmm...that's a damn good point!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:11:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PaDanby:

Twisted or not straight??? If a bunch of guys that open carrying that looked even somewhat professional most folks would figure you're LEO at a class or something

Have you ever been to an AR15.com gathering?

No one is mistaking a bunch of fat bastards for L.E.!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:51:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

Actually at SoCal shoots most of the guys (except for Doc F and a guy that goes up in my truck) are pretty skinny. They shoot the snot out of my target stands though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:55:03 PM EDT

I dunno, fat guys would fit right in with quite a few of the cops I've seen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:16:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:

I dunno, fat guys would fit right in with quite a few of the cops I've seen.

Good point. That's getting a little less common these days though! At least in my area.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:54:51 PM EDT

LMFAO...cold blooded
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:37:54 AM EDT

We cant carry in restaurants - at least ones that serve. And I've been asked to leave at AMC and Harkins for open carrying.

But I think you're onto something for a gathering. I think we should march in your neighborhood before rallying at our meeting place. :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:49:23 PM EDT

hehehe
I had a Ruger new model blackhawk with a 10 and a half inch barrel. I carried that hogleg around in a shoulder holster a few times . Damn thing weighed 6 pounds! That got some funny stares.
It got even more looks when my wife and I took it to Caswells. My wife is teeny tiny--bout 100 lbs, and 30 of that is boobs. The counter guys in there had the funniest expressions on their faces when she was shooting that....

Each? or combined?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:21:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lennster:

We cant carry in restaurants - at least ones that serve. And I've been asked to leave at AMC and Harkins for open carrying.

But I think you're onto something for a gathering. I think we should march in your neighborhood before rallying at our meeting place. :)

hmmm...non-alcoholic restaurant...I think the McD's down the street has a playplace.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:44:49 PM EDT
Need pics....

*grin*
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:38:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TWHaz:
hehehe

Each? or combined?

Combined. Poor girl would fall over if it was each!

GT
Top Top