Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 7:46:29 PM EDT
My Utah permit finally showed up.

Took the class in January, mailed off all the paperwork first week of March, just showed up today.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:28:25 PM EDT
Ugh, 5 month wait now eh. Last time I heard it was 4 months.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:31:44 PM EDT
How long before it expires?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:08:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ch139:
How long before it expires?

5 years
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:37:32 AM EDT
Wow, this is the exact opposite of my experience. I applied for my Utah permit and received it in the email in less than 2 weeks with a letter that said, (paraphrased) "we're providing this permit even though your background check hasn't completed as of yet<some date>.... If the background check fails we will notify you and your permit will be null and void...."

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:39:21 AM EDT
How much did it cost?

Dumb question. Can a person get a WA permit fairly easy? For how much?

I'm assuming a Concealed Carry permit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:11:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By watchdawg:with a letter that said, (paraphrased) "we're providing this permit even though your background check hasn't completed as of yet<some date>.... If the background check fails we will notify you and your permit will be null and void...."

Mine came with the same letter.

Back in January when I took the class it was a 6 week wait. A few months before that it was less than a month. Within the last year there has been a major run in Utah permits so it has severely backlogged them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:39:51 AM EDT
Wow. I took the class also in January at OFA. Mailed in January and received in April...

I wonder what the Utah CFP per capita looks like with all of the folks obtaining their permit?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:51:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Roguelawyer:
How much did it cost?

WA is probably the easiest to get.
Fill out form, pay $60, get fingerprinted, wait 30-60 days
Takes about 15 minutes
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 3:13:19 PM EDT by JAFO]

Originally Posted By coctailer:

Originally Posted By Roguelawyer:
How much did it cost?

WA is probably the easiest to get.
Fill out form, pay $60, get fingerprinted, wait 30-60 days
Takes about 15 minutes

I'm doubting it will even take the full 60 days they are allowed if you go to the Clark County Sheriff's Office in Vancouver. I already had one and it was a renewal so the same doesn't exactly apply, but I got it in the mail 2 days after filling out the renewal paperwork. They have 2 weeks to send a renewal.

Here is the information you would need:
www.co.clark.wa.us/sheriff/community/firearms.html#four

It is very easy and they are pretty nice there. If you go there you can park in front of the courthouse and walk through the courthouse to the sheriff's office behind it. Have a couple coins for parking meters. Otherwise you have to find parking on a side street about a block away. They have metal detectors if you go through the courthouse so I would leave most metal stuff in your vehicle and definitely don't take a gun or knife.

In WA it is called a "CPL" or "Concealed Pistol License." It is very easy to get. No classes required. Just fill out the paperwork, pay the fee, get fingerprinted, then wait for the mail. So far so good in my experience. I don't think Vancouver offers laminating but you can fold it in half and have it laminated at Kinko's or do it yourself. It used to say something to that effect right on the permit but now it doesn't say it. It is ok though. You can ask there for peace of mind if you wish.

I had previously lived in Renton WA and at the local PD they actually hold on to it until the last day before mailing out.
Top Top