Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/12/2005 3:22:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 3:25:05 PM EDT by The-Bald-Monk]
Folks

Mrs. Monk has authorized the purchase of a …..

Heckler and Koch USP .45 Tactical

IMPULS II-A Carbon Fiber Suppressor from Capital City Firearms

I live in Gwinnett and the CLEO, Sheriff Butch Conway won’t sign off on Form 4’s for suppressors.

So I need to set up a corporation in order to purchase the suppressor

I would welcome any advice on where to start with the state as well the Feds.

I promise to write up my experiences for a purchase lesson learned post.

I have checked the boards and did not find much on going the corporation route.

Thanks for the help.

The Bald Monk

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:01:40 PM EDT
I know this has nothing to do with your question and so I apologize for that but reading about your problem just gets me thinking about it again. I cannot understand why people in our government and law enforcement do not want suppressors in the hands of civilians. It’s better for the shooter and better for the area surrounding the range. Less noise and flash is a good thing. Do these people really think some kind of criminal or punk who wants commit crimes fills out paperwork, gets approval, and pays the government for the "right" to own a suppressor? I just don't understand this shit. People are assholes.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:13:19 PM EDT
J e a l o u s I am
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:38:28 PM EDT
I did the corp route for my first can.........Just go to a local atty and ask for a LLC.....It is that simple. Cost me about $175 to set up the LLC ,,,,,,,,, pluss it cuts our NFA transfer time by about 1/3!! So far mine has gone OK. The ATF cashed my check the first of july and I am now pending. I will let you know what happens.

BTW: you MUST keep your LLC current ($35 year to Cathy Cox) or you will be in BIG TROUBLE!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:08:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By caver101:
I did the corp route for my first can.........Just go to a local atty and ask for a LLC.....It is that simple. Cost me about $175 to set up the LLC ,,,,,,,,, pluss it cuts our NFA transfer time by about 1/3!! So far mine has gone OK. The ATF cashed my check the first of july and I am now pending. I will let you know what happens.

BTW: you MUST keep your LLC current ($35 year to Cathy Cox) or you will be in BIG TROUBLE!

I am about to get into NFA stuff and I am about to make a post looking for Class 3 dealers in NW-GA, but I have to ask about the above corporation route...

I was under the impression that you have to have intentions of actually doing some kind of business, is this wrong ?

When tax time comes around, what do you tell your accountant when you have not sold anything ?

Just curious because I thought that there could be possible "trouble" if you don't show any signs of business transactions or activity....

Can someone clarify this for me ?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 5:19:54 AM EDT by usmctopgun]
I can't help you w/ the LLC, but......get the SWR HEMS 2 for your Tactical. Yes, the CCF carbon fiber can looks nice, but the SWR is a lot quieter. We fired it and the KAC can side by side on a MK 23 at the last HK shoot in Athens, and you could not tell a difference b/t the two. Plus you would be supporting the local economy since they(SWR) are made in GA. Contact Henry@Title2.com He is an authorized SWR dealer. He'll give you a good deal. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:01:35 PM EDT
Henry is good folk. He can help you with the can, and with the process.
The first time can be very stressfull. Getting a dealer that you can trust to walk you through it is a great help. My first two were without pro. help, and the first was a bear.
The forms are not as bad as I thought they would be. Basic questions and answers. The process is not bad, but can be intimidating if you haven't done it before. Someone that has done it, such as Henry, can be a huge help. You can also pull the forms up on the net and look them over so you have an idea of what is involved.
Good luck with it, BW
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:36:27 AM EDT
I agree with Caver, the LLC route is easy. A one time pain in the butt, but is does speed up processing time. My last form 4 took 30 days for a suppressor, ( transfered to the LLC)

FNGfromGA out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:19:43 AM EDT
Guys

Thanks for all the info.
I will look into the SWR HEMS 2 and give Henry at Title2.com a call.

Can any one recommend a 2nd amendment friendly legal beagle (lawyer) that can help me set up my LLC?

The Bald Monk
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:21:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By usmctopgun:
I can't help you w/ the LLC, but......get the SWR HEMS 2 for your Tactical. Yes, the CCF carbon fiber can looks nice, but the SWR is a lot quieter. We fired it and the KAC can side by side on a MK 23 at the last HK shoot in Athens, and you could not tell a difference b/t the two. Plus you would be supporting the local economy since they(SWR) are made in GA. Contact Henry@Title2.com He is an authorized SWR dealer. He'll give you a good deal. Good Luck.

+1 on this, the SWR is a better can, and Henry is great to work with also.
Top Top