Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/26/2003 8:43:31 AM EDT
Can anybody recommend a local(upstate) smith to a fellow NYer. Just some trigger work & a couple of scopes mounted. Thanks. -Justin
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:50:33 AM EDT
Where in upstate? Pretty big area. I can think of 3-4 shops with smiths, from Watertown, Syracuse, Rochester.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:09:44 AM EDT
Hi SP10. I'm in Utica area but willing to travel for quality work. Just want it done correctly by a qualified smith. Thank you for your time. -Justin
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:27:44 PM EDT
Hi Justin. There is a ~close shop to you, Franks Shooting Supply (315-697-3365), in Canastota (not to be confused with the Frank's Guns in Marcy) who does some smithing. Not sure of the quality of his work, but a good guy and shop.

In Syracuse, another shop which does a lot of custom smithing and factory warranty work is located in Solvay, 315-468-6285. The shop is run by Dave Klotze. Rifles, shotguns, pistols, etc. He is one of the busiest in the area, and has done a bit of trigger work for me. He also designed the Da-Mar shotgun scope mount, which you can see in Brownells. He is a competent machinist. If you call, you will get one of the brothers who own the shop on the phone...The shop is within 1 mile of the NYS fairgrounds.

For 1911 and Glock work, a guy named Joe Cominolli is local to Syracuse. Not sure of his number.

You wouldn't be the guy who sold me a RRA M4 last year, by any chance?

Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:46:15 PM EDT
Hi SP10. Thanks for the info; it is much appreciated. I'll try getting ahold of Dave this week. I wasn't paying attention & Frank in Marcy got me real good on a transfer. Boy did that hurt. So hows the RRA running anyway? Treating you well I hope. Thanks again. -Justin
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:18:58 AM EDT
ICU, you have mail
Top Top