Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:26:05 AM EDT
Looks like this "Santa Claus" couldn't find a convenient chimney.

link

link
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:15:59 AM EDT
Yikes

I've been in a couple of times over the last few weeks.  It was a madhouse each and every visit.  Seems bizarre to seem something like this happen - I always figured they were pretty tight in terms of security, and they are generally good people there.   No doubt some will spin this up with negative connotations ("those dangerous gun shops...") but I think this underscores a point that many of us have made time and time again:  Criminals will get guns.  Pass all the laws you want to keep them out of the hands of the public, but criminals will find the guns.  They're CRIMINALS !!!  Just like drugs - if I wanted them, I could find them easily.   Just head downtown to the right neighborhood and buy some from... wait for it... a CRIMINAL.    One that has drugs and a gun that was more than likely obtained from....  another criminal.  They'll steal them, barter for them, or trade them on the black market no matter how much we legislate.  

But I digress:

Here's to hoping Ace sorts this all out and they catch the scumbag who pulled it off.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:34:28 AM EDT
Hope they catch the guy. Ace is a great store, good guys and great selection. I once bought an HK USP Compact there while I was home on mid-tour leave from Iraq. That came up in the conversation. The USP came with 10 round mags, but the salesman (I forget his name now) told another employee to get me some full capacity mags, saying "he might need them". I heard him say that and told him that wasn't the case, you can't take privately owned weapons with you on deployment. But he insisted and gave them to me anyway.

I really don't like receiving charity of that kind, but it was damn sure nice of them.

On an unrelated note, this is kind of a coincidence as I just read in the MD HTF about a shop I visited a few times that was just robbed also.
Top Top