Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 5:37:10 PM EDT
Either Monday or Tuesday, I should be heading down to Virginia Arms in Manasses to pick up a Beretta Cx4 Storm in .45.  My Streamlight TLR-1 and BSA 30mm multi-reticle red dot arrived this evening, and will be getting attached as soon as I get the carbine home and cleaned.  If any of y'all see me down there, be sure to wave.  I'd love to meetcha.

ETA: In my glee, I miscounted.  Not this Monday or Tuesday, but the 17th or 18th.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn...  almost 12 hours and no one shows any Virginia hospitality?

Be safe with your new experience, and be confident that Rob and the guys at Bernie's place will treat you well.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
You left out be confident that it will not be your last and that you will gladly spend countless bazillions of dollars in the future.

Congrats and welcome, glad to have you on board!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I know about the whole "want more" thing.  Already lining up my first AR purchase.

They should put warnings on these things.  They put warnings on all sorts of other addictive substances.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
really, the most important thing i can think of to tell you is, under no circumstances sell one to get another.  you'll always regret it in the end , just sit it out and save for it.

BTW congrats!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
really, the most important thing i can think of to tell you is, under no circumstances sell one to get another.  you'll always regret it in the end , just sit it out and save for it.

BTW congrats!

nah i have sold 2 and not regretted it at all.  but that was mainly because i bought 2 others with that money and i enjoy them both a lot more.  

that is about the best store you could have gone to.  i shack up a couple minutes up the road from there and those guys are great.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:15:35 AM EDT
[#7]
you'll put your eye out
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you'll put your eye out

Congrats!  Best way to take care of it (aside from regular cleaning and lubing) is get it out and SHOOT IT!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Guess I'm not just about to get one.  Got that Black Rifle itch; custom lowers from Tom Sawyer have a lead time of 8 to 10 weeks.  So, uh, about to get my first firearm in another 8 to 10 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

BTW congrats!

I used to think that and still do to some degree but after they sit in the safe for years I have come to believe that it is better to set them free if you really love them.    

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Guess I'm not just about to get one.  Got that Black Rifle itch; custom lowers from Tom Sawyer have a lead time of 8 to 10 weeks.  So, uh, about to get my first firearm in another 8 to 10 weeks.

You will be happy with TSM.   He does very good work.    If i do another AR i will get a lower from him again.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#12]
As a side note, if any of you are wanting a custom lower yourself and have an idea of what you want done design/engraving-wise, drop me a line.  For my day job I work in IT, but otherwise I'm an illustrator, and may be able to help you out in terms of getting your design ideas on paper.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW congrats!

I used to think that and still do to some degree but after they sit in the safe for years I have come to believe that it is better to set them free if you really love them.    

well, that is true in some cases, unfortunately i sold my first black rifle for the wrong reasons and i'll regret it to my dying day. though this weekend i traded a Moss. 500 cruiser for a P-64 in pristine condition, so i'm happy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Online shopping spree today.  Bought about 600 rounds of ammo, 2 50-round mags, and a buttstock.  Need to finish the design for my lower so I can have Tom Sawyer MFG engrave it, and purchase an upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top