Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2010 11:45:54 AM EDT
If a home has notices posted on the front door, who's house is it anyway?  

What if a former resident/owner accesses the house (leaving a mess of course?)

Is it tresspass, burglary... what if anything should be done?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I've seen you hit things at 1000 yds without even trying. I'm sure you could shoot them from across the street without any trouble. Good use for the can and subsonic loads, perhaps? Claim it looked like a coyote in the dark?

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone owns the home. Plain and simple. If the house has been foreclosed, the bank owns the place. If the owner abandons the property inside, the bank is the one responsible for it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen you hit things at 1000 yds without even trying. I'm sure you could shoot them from across the street without any trouble. Good use for the can and subsonic loads, perhaps? Claim it looked like a coyote in the dark?

Maybe the Hood and Flexcuffs...

Haven't tested the subs yet, so can't go there   LOL  

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Someone owns the home. Plain and simple. If the house has been foreclosed, the bank owns the place. If the owner abandons the property inside, the bank is the one responsible for it.

I guess what I am curious about is should Metro be called, or the Marshalls office?  Or do we let the world crumble around us...
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Chances are, if the property has been forclosed upon the Constable's Office already gave written notice in person to the owners/renters to vacate. In most instances, an occupant can only go back to the residence at an arranged time to retrieve belongings with a bank representative and a Constable present. That process is in place to stop the destruction of property/taking of fixtures.

If a person sets foot on the property it is trespassing. If a person enters the residence it is burglary.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess what I am curious about is should Metro be called, or the Marshalls office?  Or do we let the world crumble around us...

If you like trolls coming to your neighborhood and destroying a house, let them be. If you want to keep your neighborhood clean, then call the police.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I guess you understand my position, thanks... RDP
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Regardless of notice until a deed is done establishing a new owner the home owner is the owner of the home.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  Or do we let the world crumble around us...

This gets my vote.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess what I am curious about is should Metro be called, or the Marshalls office? Or do we let the world crumble around us...

If you like trolls coming to your neighborhood and destroying a house, let them be. If you want to keep your neighborhood clean, then call the police.

I agree with RDP, although without the sarcasm (well, most of it at least). However, I also see the validity of the hood and flexuffs argument. You may need reaperdriver to come provide the hood and flexcuffs expertise though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top