Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 9:41:32 AM EDT
OK, who did it????

www.11alive.com/news/usnews_article.aspx?storyid=70160

Needle Jabs Athens Moviegoer

Police in Athens are looking for the person who placed a hypodermic needle on a theater seat last Saturday. It stuck a moviegoer in the leg as she sat down.

The 34-year-old victim has asked that her name not be used. She says she is going through a nightmare waiting for word about what exactly was in that syringe and whether she contracted anything.

She was out with friends at Carmike Cinemas in Athens, looking for a fun night with friends. But she got more than she bargained for.

Duct-taped to her seat was a syringe. Worse yet, the syringe wasn’t empty.

“There was some type of substance in the syringe. A very small amount,” said Athens police Captain Mark Sizemore.

The officer who filed the report said the substance was red, and appeared to be blood. Police say they are sending it to a lab to be tested. As for the woman stuck, she was sent to the hospital for her own blood tests.

Word of a syringe inside the theater was enough to scare moviegoers like Derek Capo who said he had second thoughts about the theater after hearing of the incident.

“That’s horrible. Honestly, I don’t think I could go to this movie theater,” Capo said.

The manager of the movie theater said he had no comment and referred all inquiries to a national public relations telephone number.

ETA: Don't misundestand my posting this or the thread title as an indication that I find ANY humor in this whatsoever. I really feel bad for this lady. I hope they find whoever did this and inject them with a syringe full of Draino (the foamy type).
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]

inject them with a syringe full of Draino

I wanna see that shit
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I ALWAYS look at a seat before I sit down. ALWAYS.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:32:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
damn,
i was up in north carolina and saw several gas stations that had warnings posted on the pumps about people booby trapping the handles with hypo's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top