Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 7:01:05 PM EDT
A new range?

The boys in Illinois and Wisconsin are discussing the possibility to open a privet range. The range would be in SE Wisconsin and would have a pit like the one in Ottawa, IL. GREAT IDEA!
So my question is what about a private range in NW Indiana to serve the AR15.com community from NE Illinois, NW Indiana and SW Michigan?

Please share your opinions and ideas!

Thank you,
Regards,
FRIZ
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I duno...
We have someone with a big hill, but we'd need someone with a big hole.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There is already a great private club in NW Indiana.  I have not been there in a few years but I use to be a member.  I would drive up from Indy even if only once a year it was worth it.  The owner is great!  200 yard range.  Shotgun pit, falling steel plates, moving target runner, barricades, trap and skeet, does action comboy now too. Small club house.

Damn I miss that club.

Winamac - Jeff Twp R & P Club Range, 8747 W 100N, Winamac, IN 46996.
Phone: 219-843-8601
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (10-200 yds), Outdoor Rifle (100, 200 yds), Rifle Silhouette, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays
Range Access: Private
Email: [email protected]
Click here for a map to the business:

www.mynra.com/frame.cfm?url=www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#3]
This sounds like a great range. But it is not exactly in Northwest Indiana. And also, does it have an all-go pit?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to have such a range in this area I am 15 miles from the Ill State line off I74 and my local range is in Crawfordsvilles, 20 miles east of me, while we have a membership of Good people we are pretty limited as to what we can shoot. Pistol range is about 25 yards wide and streches back along the outside of the 100' rifle range berm, our rifle range is only 100's long and while the club is .50 BMG friendly that aint much room to work with a .50 and then there is the matter of NO MG's PERIOD! that really sux as I am waiting on my form 4 for a AC556 right now and plan to buy a Uzi shortly after that one gets in! So if you know any places that are MG friendly a post of them wold be nice. On the bright side the range just got a realy nice Trap Thrower and has since opened the trap range up every Sunday again if you care to shoot trap one Sunday morning, however due to the range setup when trap is open it interfers with any shooting on both the rifle and pistol range so they tend to close the trap range by noon on Sunday's.
But Hey at least I have a place to shoot most of my rifle's and handguns! :>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top