Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 11:39:30 PM EDT

How many firms can be added to a 4473 to be called in at once?

Say I was to order 5 firearms/lowers, do I have to pay five transfer fees? Or can they all be put under one form?

If not, how many can be done at once?

A few years ago I bought three firearms and had them transferred to my FFL. IIRC, he made me fill out only one yellow form for the three.

The other day I stopped into my local store who I've done business with before, and he stated that he could/would only do one transfer per firearm/stripped lower at $25.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO - They were gouging you. There's plenty of room on a 4473 for more firearms but it's that dealer's sandbox and they can make any rule they want.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
One 4473, multiple transfers, should be one transfer fee.

Be aware that multiple lowers transferred at the same time triggers the BATFE notification process just like multiple pistols do.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Be aware that multiple lowers transferred at the same time triggers the BATFE notification process just like multiple pistols do.

The dealer can do as many as he likes on one form, and charge per firearm or per form. That is dealer discretion.

The 4473 has spots for 3 firearms, however the dealer can fill out an addendum form and add many more.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dealer can do as many as he likes on one form, and charge per firearm or per form. That is dealer discretion.

The 4473 has spots for 5 firearms, however the dealer can fill out an addendum form and add many more.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 4473 has spots for 5 firearms, however the dealer can fill out an addendum form and add many more.

You're right. I mis-typed
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I misplaced my tinfoil hat today...is this really an issue? So what if they know? Do they come knocking on my door?

Is it illegal to gift them as groomsman gifts?

How far can I build them before it becomes "manufacturing" and still give them away? Or is the gov't just worried if you build them and sell them without paying your taxes?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I misplaced my tinfoil hat today...is this really an issue? So what if they know? Do they come knocking on my door? NO, don't worry about him he is a little black helicopterish.

Is it illegal to gift them as groomsman gifts? If you are buying them for yourself and then choose later to give them as a gift it is not illegal.

How far can I build them before it becomes "manufacturing" and still give them away? Or is the gov't just worried if you build them and sell them without paying your taxes?
You will be fine in this event.
ATF" defenition of a manufacturer

Engaged in the business—(a) Manufacturer
of firearms. A person who devotes
time, attention, and labor to
manufacturing firearms as a regular
course of trade or business with the principal
objective of livelihood and profit
through the sale or distribution of the firearms
manufactured;

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I misplaced my tinfoil hat today...is this really an issue? So what if they know? Do they come knocking on my door?

no tinfoil hat needed.  Just a heads up that the FFL may not explain.  Some folks would prefernot to have the sale recorded that way, as BATFE has been known to check up on folks that were recorded as buying multiples on occasion.

Some folks think it's never a good idea to invite the man into your life.  I tend to agree.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What is the form used for reporting multiple receiver or "other" transfers?  The only reporting form I have seen is exclusively for "Pistols and Revolvers"...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the form used for reporting multiple receiver or "other" transfers?  The only reporting form I have seen is exclusively for "Pistols and Revolvers"...

It was my understanding that the pistol/revolver form (3310.4) was to be used on multiple items that could be built into pistols.  IIRC, the policy change came (in one of those published "open letters" to FFLs that they like so much) when they amended the 4473 with the "other" category for stripped receivers and PG only shotguns.  If I'm remembering incorrectly, I apologize.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top