Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 10:16:08 PM EDT
Hey guys. I am planning on taking a 1-day side trip to Las Vegas in about 2 weeks while on my vacation. I figure that there are some sweet gun stores down there, and am pooling some bread to purchase a new banless rifle or lower reciever. I've read good things about Citadel Gun & Safe, so I figure I'll stop by there for my shopping. So my questions are: Can I purchase a long arm in NV at a gun store with just an Oregon Driver's License? And if so, is there a waiting period, or is it a quick background check with the NCIC? Are there any other gun stores in NV that are worth checking out? Any good indoor ranges that support rifle calibers?  Thanks in advance. - Chris Cheng
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone else chime in if I'm wrong, but you're only prohibited from purchasing handguns out of state....as you can only buy them in your own state of residence.

If I'm not mistaken, its legal to purchase rifles/shotguns in any state in the union, so long as that rifle/shotgun is legal in both states.

I can buy anything (except handguns) in neighboring states around NV (except Kalifornia).

The longest part is probably the NICS check.....which takes too long, if you ask me, which is about 10-15 minutes.  I believe if you have a CCW, its waived.....but since I dont' have one, I'm not sure...anyone?

If so....I think I may apply for one eventually.

Edited: NCIC...not NICS

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I believe unless your state borders another you can't even purchase a long arm unless it is shipped to an FFL in your state

Nevada shares as much (or more) border with Oregon as it does with Arizona so it might be cool.

I guess Citadel is still doing xfers through CCS so my hopes would be low that those idiots would know whats what even if it was legal.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe unless your state borders another you can't even purchase a long arm unless it is shipped to an FFL in your state. I know handguns can't be bought unless shipped to an FFL in your state for sure.

This rule went out a long time ago. You can buy a long gun from a dealer in any state as long as it is legal in both states. If neither party is a dealer, then you need one to do the transfer. Handguns you can only buy in your state of residence, but if you find one you really like just have it sent to a dealer in your state.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies, guess I need to read up on my gun laws! Sounds like it'll be smooth sailing when I get there. - Chris
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top