**results posted**

Tarheel 3 gunners--3 gun April 22
www.wataugagunclub.com/Tarheel3/

Albermarle FOP 3 gun
www.jprifles.com/
go to matches on website
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Out of curiosity, what does one need to new to get into the thre gun matches?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:20:12 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have interest I would try a match at The Range in Oxford.  Any shotgun (Rem. 1100, Benelli, etc. 8 shot tube) Pump or auto...........most rifles are AR15's although .308 is OK as well, any pistol Glocks, 1911's, Sig's, etc. Paper targets, steel plates, clay birds, etc.  You'll have fun.

Tarheel 3 Gunners has more gun transition (retaining one weapon usally with a sling) with higher round count.  A great match to go to.  One of my favorites.

The Albermarle match is a once a year match which usally has some of the top shooters attend.

I would just go to one and make the best of it...........once you attend you'll be hooked. Don't worry where you place or "wow" look at that gun or equiptment, at The Range you can even shoot just pistol if you like.

I shoot with Byerly and a few others, he runs Tarheel 3 Gunners and if you need additional info just let us know.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the guns
Rem. 870 6 shot plus the side saddle
Bushy AR M4 type w/ Eotech
Glock 23C

Now all I gotta do is get the nerve to go to one and try not to embaress myself!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#6]
not  to worry at the tar heel match I am the master of last place !
come out and have some fun !
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#7]
If you tell me what match you can make..........I'll look you up and "hopefully" point you in the right direction.  Tarheel 3 gunners iin April would be a good one.  Colt may be there and I can put you in touch with someone that runs the match as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Bob seems to win a lot of the matches he goes to...

Sam

and Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top