Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/11/2004 3:26:45 PM EST
We found a Steyr M98 (being the dumbass that I am I have no clue what this gun is, looked a lot like a Mosin-Nagant). They wanted $99 for it. Just wanted to know if this is a good deal or not and what to look for in these guns. The bolt, and chamber serials matched. Could not find any other serial numbers.

Also found a SA MilSpec for $450 (is this a good price?)
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:23:34 PM EST
Not familiar with those Steyrs. These boards discuss all kinds of C&R rifles click here for gunboards

When I have a question about C&R rifles, I can usually find the answer on one of the forums above.

On the SA milspec, are you referring to a garand? Not a bad price seeing as you can inspect it for condition, parts, etc. Was it an import marked gun, or a garand from the CMP?

You do know you can get a rack grade garand delivered to your house for about $320, all fees included?

You can't see what you are getting, but it is a genuine M1 garand surplused out from the US military.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:32:42 PM EST
or is he talking about the SA milspec 45? At the gun shows there in Ga there is a pawn shop from northwest ga that sells them for $380 each. That is a really good price.

I did the unthinkable and bought a Glock 19 today. paid 5 bills for it and get to pick it up next week. Im sure I could have found it a bit cheaper but what the hell. I got a new toy!

The store had a SAmilspec there and they wanted $450 for it also. I have to pass now that I know that they are out there for 380!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:47:15 PM EST
There are three types of SA Mil-spec. A WW II model, a 1911-A1, and a Stainless. My 1911-A1 cost me about $375 I think. $450 seems a tad high.

The Steyr is probably an M95. Was it like this one?

Steyr
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:26:17 PM EST
Thanks all,

The steyr is the m95 (I couldn't remember the number and catasomething told me it was an m98). Ammo appears hard to find for the thing.

The SA milspec I was talking about was the .45. Not sure what the model was. It was olive drab with "US" in the grips.

Anbody know the info on the pawn shop from northwest ga that sells them for $380 each?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:38:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By geekdude:
Thanks all,

The steyr is the m95 (I couldn't remember the number and catasomething told me it was an m98). Ammo appears hard to find for the thing.

The SA milspec I was talking about was the .45. Not sure what the model was. It was olive drab with "US" in the grips.

Anbody know the info on the pawn shop from northwest ga that sells them for $380 each?

If I had to guess it would be:

Classic Pawn
318 Lafayette Rd
Chickamauga, GA 30707
(706) 375-5360

They do all the shows around Atlanta, though, so they are pretty easy to find.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:29:14 PM EST
Last couple times I asked Classic they told me $400.

I'm holding out for a Colt 70 repro, or the WWI repro model.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:30:35 AM EST
Yeah it's Classic Pawn... I bought a WW II SA from them about a year ago for $370 at the N. Atlanta Show. The SA WW II's are very good pistols. Forged parts . I reallly like mine. WarDawg
Top Top