Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/4/2007 2:34:14 PM EDT
All this going all over the house resetting clocks is driving me nuts, Personally that idiot should have never been introduced to a clock, let alone daylight savings time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL I'll tell him you said you loved his new idea when I see him next
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That's one of the least irritating things he has screwed up,I'm alot more pissed off over having to buy another dome
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
But, with an hour less dark everyday, we can pay for the dome with electricity savings.
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's one of the least irritating things he has screwed up,I'm alot more pissed off over having to buy another dome

+1
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But, with an hour less dark everyday, we can pay for the dome with electricity savings.

call me a simpleton but I just do not understand the concept that DST gives us an extra hour of daytime.
As a matter of fact... it gives us NOTHING!!!!
All it does is move it from morning to evening and then back again....
Excuse me but a good alarm clock does the same thing!!!!

Link Posted: 11/4/2007 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Splitting hairs over an hour and changing the clocks is BS. Getting on the same page as most of the country is paying off.
I disagree with DST but I do agree with playing ball if that is what it takes.
If you want to end DST call washington and have them kill it nationally so everyone can stay on the same page. I am sure they can figure out how much DST actually costs. We all know it doesn't save money or energy.

You can hang the dome on his head but do not forget to hang it also on Peterson's ass.
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I will be thinking about all of you next summer when I'm outside enjoying one of many summertime activities at 9PM. I love DST. I used to argue with the anti-DST people but what's the point, I'm too busy enjoying it
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 3:32:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't really mind it at all.  I especially like the late daylight nights when we change back.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't really mind it at all.  I especially like the late daylight nights when we change back.

People that say that don't have kids. Try to tell them that it is bed time when it is still light outside The thing that pisses me off about DST is that wonderful hour of sleep that I lost. I swear I was jet lagged for 6 months.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People that say that don't have kids. Try to tell them that it is bed time when it is still light outside The thing that pisses me off about DST is that wonderful hour of sleep that I lost. I swear I was jet lagged for 6 months.

You're right, I don't have kids. But people in the other 48 States somehow manage to get their kids to bed. What's not to like about having an extra hour of daylight? And also, it's not very convenient when the rest of the country is on DST and Indiana isn't - but then again, most of the hillbillies in Indiana could care less.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Fucking Pussies, I lived in North Dakota as a kid and we all loved DLS in the summer, adults included.  It got lighter earlier and stayed light even later then it does down here.  Of course winter days were much shorter too.

I still go up there around end of June (longest day of the year) for an annual fishing trip.  

All that aside, it is a global economy and we were not even in sync with our own country.  All my career I have had to deal with people in all time zones.  MAJOR CLUSTER FUCK, none of them could ever remember what time zone we were in on any given day, you had to do it for them.  Don't miss that at all.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

call me a simpleton but I just do not understand the concept that DST gives us an extra hour of daytime.
As a matter of fact... it gives us NOTHING!!!!
All it does is move it from morning to evening and then back again....
Excuse me but a good alarm clock does the same thing!!!!

he
Recognizing DST doesn't really bother me though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right, I don't have kids. But people in the other 48 States somehow manage to get their kids to bed. What's not to like about having an extra hour of daylight? And also, it's not very convenient when the rest of the country is on DST and Indiana isn't - but then again, most of the hillbillies in Indiana could care less.

Dude.....The comment was in jest. Don't be so pissy. Did you not see the smilies?
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Get the satellite clocks.  They do it on there own without complaining.  But seriously, back when this was being proposed, long before Mitch was in, I heard a local state trooper on the radio here in Fort Wayne indicating that it would cut crime because bag guys like to work in the dark, and it would get dark later,  Duh?
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Gee Now that's funny right there.
National headlines:
DST cuts crime by 16.4% because the sun stays up later and the crooks have to go to bed whuile it's still light outside!!!!

JK
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You can hang the dome on his head but do not forget to hang it also on Peterson's ass.

Peterson can take flying leap! I just got a phone call from his campain. I said "peterson? Are you f%^king kidding me? Please take me off your list..."
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#17]
This is one of the many GOOD things Mitch did for Indiana!
DST gives us one extra useful hour every day and I love it!
Thank you Mitch!
Again!
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
All this going all over the house resetting clocks is driving me nuts, Personally that idiot should have never been introduced to a clock, let alone daylight savings time.

Golfers love dst.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Lawyers love DST too, more hours we can bill

Quoted:

Quoted:

Golfers love dst.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Our governor did not invent DST, folks.  Besides, I really do not see it as such huge of a deal.  

I have lived in many places in the world and Indiana is the only place I have seen that did not have DST.  I found that odd.  

Now, I have three kids, but still enjoy DST; main reason being that there still light for me to work on extra projects after the kids go to bed.

If you're jet-lagged from an hour time change, you need to travel more.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't like it.

I would rather have that hour of daylight in the morning instead of having it be daylight past 9:30pm.
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow don't you people have to reset your clock when the power surges.  I have to reset mine at least once a month here in Indy.

Not only does the US have DST but so does allot of the rest of the world.  Are we really so stupid in this state that it is that hard to change a clock twice a year.

While we are at it why don't we insist the there are only 10 inches in a foot.   I know the rest of the world say's it is 12 but 10 is much easier.
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#23]
It's not the DST that bothers me down here in Evansville.  It's the fact that we're ALWAYS on a different time than the rest of the state now.  I don't understand why we can't be on the same time as the rest of Indiana.  It occasionally messes with us with us when I meet with friends to go hunting at 6:00 and it gets messed up- Was that your time or my time?
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#24]
height=8
Quoted:
It's not the DST that bothers me down here in Evansville.  It's the fact that we're ALWAYS on a different time than the rest of the state now.  I don't understand why we can't be on the same time as the rest of Indiana.  It occasionally messes with us with us when I meet with friends to go hunting at 6:00 and it gets messed up- Was that your time or my time?Are you guys on central time down there?  That is what pisses me off the most. We should be on central time rather than eastern.
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not the DST that bothers me down here in Evansville.  It's the fact that we're ALWAYS on a different time than the rest of the state now.  I don't understand why we can't be on the same time as the rest of Indiana.  It occasionally messes with us with us when I meet with friends to go hunting at 6:00 and it gets messed up- Was that your time or my time?

Are you guys on central time down there?  That is what pisses me off the most. We should be on central time rather than eastern.

Central?  Hell no brother, you want to be as far west in your time zone as possible, that gives you the latest sun light possible in the evening.
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#26]
I like being in Central as much as everybody complains. It makes since I live in Eville that the nearest big cities are Nashville (2 hrs) and St. Louis (2 1/2) and their both on Central.

Mitch Daniels thought he could get everyone to play along and all he did was make it worse.

Thats why I say DITCH MITCH!
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Ditch Mitch for who? Another O'Bannon? Another Kernan?
Link Posted: 11/6/2007 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
and all he did was make it worse.

Thats why I say DITCH MITCH!

What exactly is worse under Mitch?  He cleaned up a lot of Bayh's mess.
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 2:29:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Well, its not really like we had the old one paid for so/....
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 6:41:12 AM EDT
[#30]
You must have some easy life-if the worst thing you have to do is to change the time on a few clocks.  I wish my life were so.

"One man with a gun can control one hundred withouth one.  Make mass searches and hold executions for found arms."  V.I. Lenin
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#31]
DST is the roxxor!!!  

Love it.
Nothing like playing golf a 9pm on a weeknight.
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
DST is the roxxor!!!  

Love it.

Yes..................but izzz it safe?  Izzz it safe to play at 9pm?
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DST is the roxxor!!!  

Love it.

Yes..................but izzz it safe?  Izzz it safe to play at 9pm?

LOL.
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#34]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
It's not the DST that bothers me down here in Evansville.  It's the fact that we're ALWAYS on a different time than the rest of the state now.  I don't understand why we can't be on the same time as the rest of Indiana.  It occasionally messes with us with us when I meet with friends to go hunting at 6:00 and it gets messed up- Was that your time or my time?here?

We are on CST in the Evansville area..I believe we are the only part of the state that is.
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread is obviously full of late sleepers who prefer that it stays dark for an additional hour every morning.
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#36]
I think leaving it up to the individual counties to decide what zone they want to be in was the biggest mistake.  Indiana is in Central Time Zone, the line is between us and Ohio.  Why do we have to run on Ohio time?  What makes them so special?  

Liked it better before, when it was 8:00 pm then it was 8:00 pm all year long.
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#37]
it bothers you this much changing times on clocks around the house?

what, are you a clocksmith or something?
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#38]
no, just lazy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought me a different truck a few months ago. All was well with my new (used) truck...Until DST expired this year. I don't know how to set the clock on this truck. It will just have to be an hour off till spring.  
LOL  
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been on DST my whole life, 31 yrs on the East coast and 20 here in the NW corner.  Every car I've owned with a clock has been right only six months out of the year.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#41]
height=8
Quoted:
I will be thinking about all of you next summer when I'm outside enjoying one of many summertime activities at 9PM. I love DST. I used to argue with the anti-DST people but what's the point, I'm too busy enjoying it I lived in NC for a year and hated DST, got to move back to IN and we were excited not to have to change time anymore. We moved home and blamo dst here now. I really wouldn't bitch about it today except trying to get kids to go to sleep during daylight hours is a handful at best.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I really wouldn't bitch about it today except trying to get kids to go to sleep during daylight hours is a handful at best.

Tell me about it.  Having to get up at 4:30am and going to sleep at 8:30-9:00 and there's kids running around and screaming outside until 10:00.  Oh well, waking them up on the Harley when I left in the morning made it a little better.

And then there's living right on the time zone line.  Switching back and forth throughout the day fucking blows.

Link Posted: 7/12/2008 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I love DST!  That extra hour of daylight keeps me outside and off the couch longer after work.  More daylight time for fishing and grilling out, the important things!
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#44]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Well to all of you golfers and lovers of DST time what about the rest of us ,the people that work 2nd and 3rd shifts , it does squat for us , TV shows are over when we get home ,its either dark  or the middle of the morning, we get Letterman ,infomercials or Ophra, no golf , grass is too wet to mow and less time to spend with our family,  and it saves  money? How?
Tell what is the difference for Eastern Standard Time and Central Daylight Savings Time?
If you work in Indy and do business In Shitcago you used to be on the same time in the summer and now you're an hour ahead, and that helped what?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#46]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Good for the outdoor activities, no complaints
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Its still a pain in the ass tryng to explain to my kids (2 and 4yrs) that even though its sunny outside, it realy is bed time.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hillbillies,    are you shitting me!?
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Well to all of you golfers and lovers of DST time what about the rest of us ,the people that work 2nd and 3rd shifts , it does squat for us , TV shows are over when we get home ,its either dark  or the middle of the morning, we get Letterman ,infomercials or Ophra, no golf , grass is too wet to mow and less time to spend with our family,  and it saves  money? How?
Tell what is the difference for Eastern Standard Time and Central Daylight Savings Time?
If you work in Indy and do business In Shitcago you used to be on the same time in the summer and now you're an hour ahead, and that helped what?

You've brought up an interesting point.  It would be nice if employers would adjust the start/stop times of each shift
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top