Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 5:03:10 AM EDT
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia:

"Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this quite recent? I seem to remember him saying similar stuff before. Stating the obvious really, he just has the courage to say it.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia:

....blah blah

Are you sure this isn't this a fake story? Various quotes and stuff out of context attributed to either Kevin Rudd, or sometimes the last Australian PM John Howard?

No doubt some of it has been said by various people at various times.

Its just that I can't find any coverage in the media, just chat rooms and newsgroups (most of which are either called www.AussieWhitePowerChristians.org.au or somesuch
)

If you can find a link to a credible report, CNN, BBC etc then I'd be grateful, because this quote has been posted around quite a bit on shooting sites as some kind of rallying cry, so it would be good to know once and for all.

stay safe out there.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]
No idea how correct it is, I saw it on another site. Frankly, not that fussed if it is correct or not or even if it's Kevin Rudd who said it. I just happen to believe that it's spot on. Happy to be flamed for stating it...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
If he did say that, fucking good on him
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Aussie Politicians don't seem to be the cleverest people on the planet.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top