Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2014 11:20:41 AM EDT
Today I got a call from a Missouri resident asking about my classes and getting a Non Resident Permit .
I told him I was more than happy to take his money . But before we seal the deal let me be the bearer of Bad news . I told him so far the only state approved for a Non Resident permit was Hawaii . He thanked me for my honesty and if things changed give him a call and he would take my class .

He then Told me he had an Employee taking the ILL CCW course from Metro  Shooting Sports / Belleville Shooting Range and he said they told him after he took and passed the class he could apply online and would get his permit as soon as they were issued .
What a Fucking Crock of Crap , once again no pride or integrity .

The Caller said as soon as we hung up he would call the Employee and try and save him from that Fiasco .
I hope that Bastard sees this Thread
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I've had quite a few of the same calls......nothing about Metro, just MO residents looking for a non-resident permit.  I tell them just to sit tight.  Hell, I want to make sure I can get an IL guy through just to make sure my instructor "approval" is legit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Today I got a call from a Missouri resident asking about my classes and getting a Non Resident Permit .
I told him I was more than happy to take his money . But before we seal the deal let me be the bearer of Bad news . I told him so far the only state approved for a Non Resident permit was Hawaii . He thanked me for my honesty and if things changed give him a call and he would take my class .

He then Told me he had an Employee taking the ILL CCW course from Metro  Shooting Sports / Belleville Shooting Range and he said they told him after he took and passed the class he could apply online and would get his permit as soon as they were issued .
What a Fucking Crock of Crap , once again no pride or integrity .

The Caller said as soon as we hung up he would call the Employee and try and save him from that Fiasco .
I hope that Bastard sees this Thread
View Quote

Why am I not shocked?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
OP - you know how Obama has turned out to be a great gun salesman ???

How about looking at this from the standpoint of :  Your competitor being great for your business ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The caller said his employee Pad $500+ for the course . He did not give details as to if that included the Illinois Fees and finger prints or what but Holly cow that is pushing the envelope on pricing
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I see it 2 ways.
1 They are dicks.
2 A fool and his money are soon parted. If Joe customer isn't going to take the time to do a little research and shopping around, he deserves it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That fee includes a free Hi-Point pistol in your choice of caliber, right?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The caller said his employee Pad $500+ for the course . He did not give details as to if that included the Illinois Fees and finger prints or what but Holly cow that is pushing the envelope on pricing
That fee includes a free Hi-Point pistol in your choice of caliber, right?

Hey, hey!  Easy on Hi-Point.  Everyone should have one.  They are the best multi-purpose tool out there.  Pistol, hammer, pry-bar, wheel chock... The list goes on and on.  The LAST gun I'd want someone to pistol whip me with is a Hi-Point.

ETA:  It puts the Colt on it's skin or it gets the Hi-Point!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now, to be fair, what percentage of your, or anyone's, students know the application process prior to taking the class?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it 2 ways.
1 They are dicks.
2 A fool and his money are soon parted. If Joe customer isn't going to take the time to do a little research and shopping around, he deserves it.
Now, to be fair, what percentage of your, or anyone's, students know the application process prior to taking the class?

While that's a fair question and you would be correct in saying that most don't.
It not like it's a secret or not on a web page.
All I'm getting at is there is a difference between being swindled and being an uninformed consumer..

Now tell me about this $500 Hi-point you have?
If it's the Navy seal edition I'll take it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it 2 ways.
1 They are dicks.

I have no idea
What I do is take time to explain it to them . Perhaps I should drop my pride and integrity and become a Charlatan too . Certainly be more profitable and
keep the Hi Points for myself
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it 2 ways.
1 They are dicks.

Yep.  A STUDENT relies on an INSTRUCTOR to INSTRUCT them about whatever subject the STUDENT hires them for.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep.  A STUDENT relies on an INSTRUCTOR to INSTRUCT them about whatever subject the STUDENT hires them for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it 2 ways.
1 They are dicks.

Well no shit.
But a consumer should do some homework or fact checking before becoming a student.
To make sure the product he wants is even available.
If he would have done the slightest bit of research ( hell Google it) he could have called the ahole out on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well no shit.
But a consumer should do some homework or fact checking before becoming a student.
If he would have done the slightest bit of research ( hell Google it) he could have called the ahole out on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it 2 ways.
1 They are dicks.

Well no shit.

This is My Opinion and just that My opinion
Whether a student knows or not is not in question here . Should they be smarter and informed ? Hell yes . Are they Hell No
When someone calls they are relying in those they called for information . That information should  be disclosed PERIOD.
I was raised never to take advantage of someone because they are ignorant . At times I would like to but then again until I can shave without looking at myself in a mirror it ain't happening .
When a prospective student calls inquiring about a class and you are told pay the money , take and pass the class , apply for the permit and you will get it , when you know full well you will not is without Exception Wrong and par for them .  
Caveat Emptor
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see it 2 ways.

1 They are dicks.

This.   Probably 90% of mine haven't done one minute of research before they show up for class. Now there's nothing wrong with that just not the way "I" would operate.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Whether a student knows or not is not in question here . Should they be smarter and informed ? Hell yes . Are they Hell No
When someone calls they are relying in those they called for information . That information should  be disclosed PERIOD.
I was raised never to take advantage of someone because they are ignorant . At times I would like to but then again until I can shave without looking at myself in a mirror it ain't happening .
When a prospective student calls inquiring about a class and you are told pay the money , take and pass the class , apply for the permit and you will get it , when you know full well you will not is without Exception Wrong and par for them .  
Caveat Emptor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it 2 ways.
1 They are dicks.

Well no shit.

Caveat Emptor

I get what your saying and I don't treat my students or anybody for that matter the way metro did.
All I'm saying is that if somebody fails to RTFM , I'm not going to solely crucify just the shop.
As a default people  are not to be trusted these days, sad but it is what it is.
If we didn't fact check we'd all be carrying a Taurus judge for ccw, because a lot of gun store employees seem to think it's the ultimate gun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#17]
No suprise considering the place that took him for his money.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:39:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah, I've had quite a few of the same calls......nothing about Metro, just MO residents looking for a non-resident permit.  I tell them just to sit tight.  Hell, I want to make sure I can get an IL guy through just to make sure my instructor "approval" is legit.
View Quote

I've still had no response to my inquiry about needing a non-Res permit to train IL residents.  I'm shocked, shocked I say.  This is my shocked face:  

Also, if folks don't look into what they are spending $300 on with the State of Illinois...well, I have some coastal WY property for them.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#19]
In Troy Illinois tonight there is a town hall meeting with 2 Illinois representatives .Charlie Meier (R-Okawville) and Dwight Kay (R-Glen Carbon) will be there answering questions . I and a couple other instructors will be there asking and pushing the Non Resident permit issue .
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#20]

I think a lot of folks in Missouri may have been heard add spots for Ill. CCW Classes and made the leap that they can now get their Ill CCW...

I hate to admit it, but I'm one of these...  

Also, I have admidt I've put Zero effort into taking this class or doing any actual reading on the process and requirments for IL Residents and or Non-Residents has not been high on the Prioroty list right now...  I don't go to Illinois anywhere near as much as I used too...

Plus I was hoping Ill. would honor or reciprocate at least with Border States.... Has their been any talk of that???  Or will Mo residents in fact have to get a Ill (non-res) CCW???

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think a lot of folks in Missouri may have been heard add spots for Ill. CCW Classes and made the leap that they can now get their Ill CCW...

Also, I have admidt I've put Zero effort into taking this class or doing any actual reading on the process and requirments for IL Residents and or Non-Residents has not been high on the Prioroty list right now...  I don't go to Illinois anywhere near as much as I used too...

Plus I was hoping Ill. would honor or reciprocate at least with Border States.... Has their been any talk of that???  Or will Mo residents in fact have to get a Ill (non-res) CCW???

View Quote

No reciprocity, which is why they have the non-res permit.  You'd think they'd be glad to collect the $300 from all us folks who live in border states, considering the windfall that IL really needs to cover their massive shortfalls.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
No reciprocity, which is why they have the non-res permit. You'd think they'd be glad to collect the $300 from all us folks who live in border states, considering the windfall that IL really needs to cover their massive shortfalls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, I have admidt I've put Zero effort into taking this class or doing any actual reading on the process and requirments for IL Residents and or Non-Residents has not been high on the Prioroty list right now... I don't go to Illinois anywhere near as much as I used too...

Plus I was hoping Ill. would honor or reciprocate at least with Border States.... Has their been any talk of that??? Or will Mo residents in fact have to get a Ill (non-res) CCW???

No reciprocity, which is why they have the non-res permit. You'd think they'd be glad to collect the $300 from all us folks who live in border states, considering the windfall that IL really needs to cover their massive shortfalls.

That sucks..

I think the 75.00 or whatever it is here in Mo, is a bit much, but 300.00 is Insane...

Really, I hardly work over there any more, so the only reason, I go to Ill, is to go to hit up Walmart, Gamestop, or the Hardware store next to Walmart (Lowes or Homey D, Always forget) and to LottaWotta Creek to eat... I don't go out to eat with the X, so LottaWatta out... My Gym is in GC, but I never go anyway, so no loss there...

I think I'll just start spending my $$$ in Missouri or as much as possible...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top