Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 7:10:45 PM EDT
As some of you know, Rob posted that he had been pretty sick awhile back. Well he still isn't doing any better, and still no idea what the problem may be. Rob is one hell of a guy, and any well wishing or prayers for his quick recovery would be appreciated.

GET WELL SOON!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Rob is definitely a great guy.  I'm wishing him a very speedy recovery!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
lets fire off a few rounds to motivate him
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Rob, GET WELL SOON.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Get well soon buddy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Rob,
It is my understanding that penicillan works wonders in situations such as this.  It was the BIG GUN of the day.

Seriously, get well soon.  Looking forward to 5 July.

Kurt
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#7]
My son and I had the pleasure of meeting you Rob when you came to my home ,it was good meeting you (Rem 700 deal) and we hope you feel better,if threr's anything we can do just holler.
John
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Reply Posted - 06/05/2003 :  18:22:32  
FMJunkie

Well, we know he's still kicking around, thank goodness. Hopefully it's a sign of returning health.

Take it easy, get some rest, and get well soon!

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Get Well Soon, Rob!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys, just checking in.  Thanks for all the well wishes! **sniff**

Here's an update on my situation:

I am actually feeling pretty ok today.  I went to the doc this morning and here is what he said.

First, I had a battery of tests run earlier this week because the doc was getting worried that I was still sick after two weeks of some serious antibiotics.  I had blood, urine, EKG, x-ray, and a couple of other things done.  They were doing a general sweep because they HAD to isolate the infection so they could treat it.

Well, the results are in.  I have, and I quote, "a low-level serum Hepatitus infection of the liver".  This, of course, was met with a great big WTF, OVER???

The short version is that this is not one the 'types' of Hepatitis that stick with you forever.  I will kick this thing in a few weeks.  My meds were changes to something more targeted at this.  I need to avoid all alchohol, Tylenol, Advil and other such pain relievers.  (they are bad for the liver)  And I should be better in a couple of weeks.  Until then, I just need to take it slow and easy.  Oh yeah, and no sex or kissing my wife or son until its gone...

It seems that I contracted this thing through contaminated food from somewhere.  Let me just say that its a damn good thing I'll never know which restaurant I got it from 'cause things would get ugly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Rob, Glad you're feeling better.Plenty of time to get well,I'm not SHOOTIN' without you come July.Can't believe bad food did you in.You know you can't leave TWINKIES on your dashboard for months,then eat 'em!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It seems that I contracted this thing through contaminated food from somewhere.  Let me just say that its a damn good thing I'll never know which restaurant I got it from 'cause things would get ugly.

Hep A....poo borne, from poor hygiene of food handlers.

There's a vaccine, good for about two years. It's a two shot series.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better and that they finally figured out what it was.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#14]

It seems that I contracted this thing through contaminated food from somewhere. Let me just say that its a damn good thing I'll never know which restaurant I got it from 'cause things would get ugly.

Ew ew ew ew ew ew... EW
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Feel Better Soon! Hope to meet you one of these days.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Just wanted to check in with everyone...

I am definitely feeling a LOT better.  I'd say I'm at about 85%-90% physically.  I'm really tired from the meds though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Good to hear that you are feeling a lot better.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top