Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2003 7:20:08 PM EDT
Those of you who came out this weekend got a chance to meet junior-gunnut(Matt). His mother is Ogre_4070 on the site, and was also supposed to come. She had to miss it because she became ill, and it turned out to be a kidney stone. I spoke with her daughter this evening, and it seems that it is a pretty sever case. If it doesn't resolve itself by this weekend she may have to undergo some kind of procedure to fix the problem. I figured some well wishes to her and her family might cheer them up.

Get well soon Tricia!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Get well soon!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:22:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Get well and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
We missed you at the shoot!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers being sent your way.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
You missed a shoot for a mere kidney stone?  

Just kidding.  I hope it works out okay and wihtout too much pain.  As to it being a severe case, can there be a kidney stone that isn't severe?  Those things hurt like nothing else in the world.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I was told, the stone is stuck in a way that limits the chances of it being passed naturally. I am not sure of what kind of procedure is needed to help her pass the stone, but it probably isn't going to be much fun whatever it is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Get well soon, and I hope to see you at the next shoot!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I just wanted to say thanks for the well wishes.  I have had a rough couple of weeks.  As Va-gunnut said I did have a kidney stone.  I also had a kidney infection and had a fever of 102 - 106 for five days and became dehydrated.  The doctor wanted to hospitalize me but I refused.  I was scheduled for a lithotripsy tomorrow (the 27th) but thankfully I passed the stone (huge) yesterday.  I am feeling much better but still rather weak.

Hoplophile,
Evidently I am the only person va-gunnut has known to have kidney stones.  Because I have a high tolerance for pain and am not a wimp, he is under the impression that they are as minor as a hangnail.  If he ever experiences one himself, I am afraid he is in for a rude awakening.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I can only imagine the pain.

Having had a child though, was it more or less painful than giving birth?

Get well soon.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 4 children and I would have to say kidney stones are more painful than childbirth.  I had a kidney stone when I was 6 months pregnant with my oldest and youngest child and that was no fun, but it made the birthing process seem easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top