Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/3/2004 4:13:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:16:55 AM EST
Thank you for that information. It will certainly come in handy when I am punching ballots. Notice the amount of Democrats who warranted an A? I found that odd.

On a side note, I have never been an Arpaio fan. I think he began doing an excellent job, but it has sprouted into a political and financial venture. Seems his biggest fan clubs are Scottsdale and Sun City West...

But I had always thought he was pro-gun, pro-carry, etc? Was I just wrong or have his political views changed recently?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:08:16 AM EST
Arpaio is the one that wanted to creat checkpoints in and out of Maricopa County to search all cars for drugs (what would you expect from ex-DEA).

He also created Project LEAD, which has, in essence, caused all cops to run serial numbers of all guns in cars or on your person....creating a huge database of serial numbers associated with individuals.

I once asked a pro-gun DPS officer if he'd run my pistol if I got pulled over.
"yes"
"Why?"
"Cuz it might be stolen"
"Would you run the serial numbers of the two TV's I had in the back of my truck? They could be stolen, too."
"No."

We went round and round on this...I got the feeling it was a policy, but he never said so.

But, remember, kids, there is no gun registration in this state.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:12:47 AM EST
Anyone have any info on W Steven Martin?
Top Top