Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/1/2005 4:10:52 PM EDT
I was at the local gunshop today, and overhead a few gents talking about the AZ Rangers, and it brought up an old question..

What do these guys do?

I have seen many cars/trucks around town with the AZ Rangers badge/logo on the door... And I remeber seeing a few of them in Tombstone once. I know they are an all volunteer 'force', do these guys have any polcie powers? Anyone here enlisted?

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:04:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 7:20:14 PM EDT by Crzy_One]
Well here is the notes I took on the AZ Rangers from ADJ101...

Arizona Rangers-1901 work directly for governor, non-paying position, assist statewide law enforcement agencies when needed. They are in charge of state wide functions, and must have a ccw permit(seems odd that they would need one though).

I think you have to had served with DPS for a certain number of years but I could be wrong.

You also have to dress like a cowboy

not much help but all I know....
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:32:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Crzy_One:
Well here is the notes I took on the AZ Rangers from ADJ101...

Arizona Rangers-1901 work directly for governor, non-paying position, assist statewide law enforcement agencies when needed. They are in charge of state wide functions, and must have a ccw permit(seems odd that they would need one though).

I think you have to had served with DPS for a certain number of years but I could be wrong.

You also have to dress like a cowboy

not much help but all I know....

I'll talk to my grandpa tomorrow and find out. His Great uncle was an Arizona Ranger when we were a territory. Grandad still has his SAA, and carries it on deer hunts......

GT
AZ Native...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:30:10 AM EDT
Google. It's our buddy

Az Rangers
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:13:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 9:48:25 AM EDT by FlyByWire]

Originally Posted By sp0rk:
Google. It's our buddy

Az Rangers

Thanks, already been there... Looking more for first had encounters/expereance
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:34:29 AM EDT
I saw some AZ Rangers directing traffic a couple of years ago out by the Rio Salado Sportman's Club while there was a marathon or some such foot race going on in the area. Otherwise, they seem to have a low profile.
Top Top