Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Have to provide proof of mag purchase or provide a sworn statement.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Declaration of High Capacity Magazine(s)
Instructions:
1. Type or print all information in all sections. (Must be legible or it will be returned)
2. Submit proof that you purchased this magazine on or prior to April 4, 2013 to include one of the following:
a sales receipt, or sworn affidavit that the specified magazine(s) was purchased in compliance with state
laws.
3. Mail or deliver completed form to: Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP),
Special Licensing and Firearms Unit, 1111 Country Club Road, Middletown, Connecticut 06457-2389

ASSAULT WEAPON CERTIFICATE APPLICATION
Instructions:
1. Type or print all information in all sections. (Must be legible or it will be returned.)
2. Submit proof that you purchased this weapon on or prior to April 4, 2013 in the form of a valid sales receipt and/or a DPS-3, or sworn
affidavit that the specified assault weapon was purchased in compliance with state and federal laws.
3. See Appendix A, Declaration of Large Capacity Magazines Form, DESPP-788-C, to declare high capacity magazines.
Note: Thumbprint is required for application to be processed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]
No application forms up yet for long gun or ammo certificates though. Or I'm just not seeing them on the DESPP site.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm...should be seeing a lot of collapsible stocks and flash suppressors at the range soon.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
a lot of busy Notary Publics.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My banker is going to love me
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My banker is going to love me

My librarians too...
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
So....

We fill out the form and mail it in or drop it off....and that's it?  

Are they sending us a certificate in the mail as proof that said "evil" items are registered?

What a shit show!  No chance they are processing these before the end of the year!
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Wonder if we have to get the fingerprinting done by the PD or if it can be done ourselves or by a notary? Going to suck for the person doing the fingerprinting to have to have multiple AW forms fingerprinted (twice on each form).
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wonder if we have to get the fingerprinting done by the PD or if it can be done ourselves or by a notary? Going to suck for the person doing the fingerprinting to have to have multiple AW forms fingerprinted (twice on each form).

Doesn't say anyhing about who has to do it, so just roll your own with an inkpad from Staples.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Sworn affidavit aka I promise I'm telling the truth
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sworn affidavit aka I promise I'm telling the truth

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't type the forms. Hand wright them. Make it as hard for them as possible.

Yes roll your thumb yourself. I did it myself when had to do the AK47 thing
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
So do I have to register my preban (pre '94) AR's?  According to the law they appear transferable as well.  So it appears that preban stuff is like the new class 3...
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok what about legally purchased 22lr's purchased after 4/4/13 but before the amendment was added making them aw's ,since form doesn't cover those?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm, how am I supposed to register all the now assault weapons I built from receiver flats? I guess ill just put my name for manufacturer and the caliber and N/A the rest
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I feel like puking... I've never thought that this would happen in my life, being a Midwestener this level of BS makes me see red. Living out here has really showed me what the D's are up. Suck my cock Malloy!
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#18]
also, what to put in caliber section .223/5.56/22lr if you have multiple uppers for one lower?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

also, what to put in caliber section .223/5.56/22lr if you have multiple uppers for one lower?

I'm just gonna put ".223" and "Multi"

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't say anyhing about who has to do it, so just roll your own with an inkpad from Staples.

does finger print have to be done in presence of the notary?

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Civil disobedience is going to be expensive.

I'll have to count my mags and see what the cost will be to declare one mag per form.   Stamps alone will be around 40 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#22]
They ask for your social security number on form. I'm not going to fill that part out I never do when buying a gun I hope its not going to be a problem. Also is that form to register 2 guns or just one its confusing to me.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So....

We fill out the form and mail it in or drop it off....and that's it?  

Are they sending us a certificate in the mail as proof that said "evil" items are registered?

What a shit show!  No chance they are processing these before the end of the year!

Looks like they rip the bottom off and send you one of the two.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Nauseating yes.

Everything in life is a choice.  Choose to comply with tyrannical nonsense or don't.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Just in time for the 4th of July!  Figures.

I am so sick of this shit.

They can't require SSNs as well, can they?  I hate giving that out.  Maybe last four digits.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They can't require SSNs as well, can they?  I hate giving that out.  Maybe last four digits.

There's a thread on CTguntalk. In it is a couple good posts about the gov. asking for your SS#. Looks like CT can suck it again!
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#27]
This may sound dumb. But just what the fuck is a sworn affadavit !
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Civil disobedience is going to be expensive.

I'll have to count my mags and see what the cost will be to declare one mag per form.   Stamps alone will be around 40 bucks.

I actaully like this idea. I have well ober a 100. Even 2 per page is a shit ton of paperwork for them!
I have receipts for many as well so no need to pay for a notary :) he he he he he he... Fuug em. I'm doing it
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a thread on CTguntalk. In it is a couple good posts about the gov. asking for your SS#. Looks like CT can suck it again!

Yeah, I think they cannot require it, if everything else is there.

Wonder what to put in an affidavit?  "I, mjm1, attest and affirm that I bought this weapon (SN, etc), on or before 4/4/13, and in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws"."?  

Guess I could say that for a lower I bought out of state as well?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This may sound dumb. But just what the fuck is a sworn affadavit !

Good question, does it have to be notarized?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I feel like puking... I've never thought that this would happen in my life, being a Midwestener this level of BS makes me see red. Living out here has really showed me what the D's are up. Suck my cock Malloy!

As a transplant from a little further west I feel your pain.

This state now has three official "Nick Names".

The Nutmeg State
The Constitution State (How many Hartfortards can tell you where that came from?)
The Retard State

Whoda thunk Uncle Lowell (Weiker) would look so good?

Into the night.  How does it start?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I plan to get the forms ready to go and then I will mail them at the beginning of Dec. I am considering sending them in separate envelopes. I would like to have some sort of confirmation that they were received. Maybe I will seal them all in individual envelopes and then stuff them inside a big envelope and send it certified or FedEx. If I do them all certified mail it will cost a ton of money.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I wouldn't give them a receipt if I had one. What if you bought mags or guns online The tax man will now be looking for his sales tax.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I will be making affidavits for all the stuff I bought online. My town clerk is going to be annoyed with all the forms.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#35]
The fact that we have to do this disgusts me at so many levels.   The fact that I am going to have to submit my fingerprints like some kind of criminal is despicable.  Criminals and pedophiles are treated better than we are and we did absolutely nothing wrong.  The fact that they can put all the magazines on one form but not the guns is completely idiotic. The fact there is even a form is stupid.  You can't sell either of them except out of state, so why would I need more than one form is beyond me.  Fucking stupid on so many other levels.  This state is an embarrassment to all the people in this country. The fact that the legislature and the governor and the rest of them are patting themselves on the back and giving each other a reach around like they did some great thing is an abomination.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The fact that we have to do this disgusts me at so many levels.   The fact that I am going to have to submit my fingerprints like some kind of criminal is despicable.  Criminals and pedophiles are treated better than we are and we did absolutely nothing wrong.  The fact that they can put all the magazines on one form but not the guns is completely idiotic. The fact there is even a form is stupid.  You can't sell either of them except out of state, so why would I need more than one form is beyond me.  Fucking stupid on so many other levels.  This state is an embarrassment to all the people in this country. The fact that the legislature and the governor and the rest of them are patting themselves on the back and giving each other a reach around like they did some great thing is an abomination.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm very lucky to have friends in nearby states willing to hold onto my rifles until I move to a state that actually recognizes the constitution of the United States and not some butchered libtard version.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#37]
IF YOU REGISTER MAKE SURE YOU PHOTOCOPY YOUR FORMS AFTER THE NOTARY SIGNS AND STAMPS THEM.

Send them Certified with Return Receipt

Just in case DPS conveniently "loses" them.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Those of us with trusts do we put the trusts name down or the trustees name?

*Edit*
I am not giving my SSN#,I never had to supply it when purchasing my firearms ,I should not have to supply it when registering them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I plan to get the forms ready to go and then I will mail them at the beginning of Dec. I am considering sending them in separate envelopes. I would like to have some sort of confirmation that they were received. Maybe I will seal them all in individual envelopes and then stuff them inside a big envelope and send it certified or FedEx. If I do them all certified mail it will cost a ton of money.

Registered mail us your friend
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#40]
for the guys who registered stuff back in 94,

what was the process when/if you moved, or changed addresses?

would you have to send in another form if you moved?

or would you be stuck with a certificate with an invalid address?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#41]
LoOk's like my Notary is gonna be busy... Or not.

Decisions to be made.
No SSN
Mailing all at once in December for sure, paperwork Nuke FTMFW.

Hmmm now how many magazines do I have over 10 rnds?

It's so stupid. They already have docs on your firearms. But if you treated your magazines like any other contraband you'd never get nailed. I mean if you theoretically had a bag of weed in your pocket ... What would be the odds? Oh yeah it's only a misdemeanor ....
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#42]
So lets say you register your mags...

and then either decide to destroy them, or leave the state/ship them out of state?

Do you have to report it to the state if you do that? I don't see anything in the law that says if you lose them or destroy them that you're going to get in trouble. You could say that you own 200 PMAG 30's, register 200 magazines, and if they ever came to check and only found 10, you could just say "I destroyed 190 of them and they're gone.  Its not against the law."
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Fuck them! DO NOT COMPLY!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Lot's of that going on in New York right now....surprised not to see it here.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#45]
save postage, send a ton of forms in a usps envelope.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#46]
My questions would be..

Who does the fingerprinting? Does there need to be a witness or someone doing them for you? Really waiting on the answer to this one.   If you can "do it yourself with your own ink pad" how do they know it will be your thumbprint? By the sworn statement? By the notary?

Who the hell has a receipt for every magazine they bought? If you have 30 magazines, and receipts for only 6 of them, why even bother showing any receipts at all, just do the sworn affidavit for all of them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Imagine how many nefarious people will be mailing in reams of bogus information with bogus names. Why I was shocked how easy it is to acquire a "notary" stamper...

For shame.
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 3:39:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
save postage, send a ton of forms in a usps envelope.

This was my thought. Put all the forms, individual AW forms and individual forms for each LCM, into one flat rate envelope, or if I have enough of them into a flat rate box, then use certified mail with return receipt.
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 3:47:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is something each person will have to decide for themselves. Its easy to thump one's chest and say "don't comply" from behind a keyboard on the Internet. Much harder to say when your family, job, possible jail time, and loss of your firearms/accessories and 2A rights are on the line. There will be civil disobedience. There will be people who don't know about the new law who won't register.

Like it or not, one is gambling if they choose not to comply. They are gambling that they will never have the police stop them on the way to or from the range. That the police won't stalk the ranges looking for people with registered items. That their wife, girlfriend, significant other, won't rat them out in a fit of anger, jealousy, or during a divorce. That the police won't enter their home at some point for some other reason and find the unregistered items.
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Since it doesn't say what kind of paper the form needs to be printed on, I'm thinking a trip to Staples for the brightest, most obnoxiously fluorescent paper is in order.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top