Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 9:28:25 AM EDT
Assuming Cal DOJ allows registration of all these lowers as post-2000 AWs, are all the first time AR owners here in CA going to be using 10 round mags?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#1]
uhhhh.....

most people are not going to break the law, so if they don't own any mags currently they will be using the 10 rounders. Of course everyone else who already owns normal capacity mags will use those I assume.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably not the ones who bought alot of larger capacity magazines prior to 2000.  I have more than a couple dozen.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#3]
It depends on what you had before the 2000 ban. I know several people, myself included, who weren't old enough to get the rifles, but we stocked up on magazines should the chance permit itself, or so we could bring our own to use in a friend's (pre-load em)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It depends on what you had before the 2000 ban. I know several people, myself included, who weren't old enough to get the rifles, but we stocked up on magazines should the chance permit itself, or so we could bring our own to use in a friend's (pre-load em)

I got the ones my grandpa gave me before he died. Not a whole lot, but enough for what I need. The funny thing is I don't own a Garand (would love to some day) but I have ten endblocks loaded for it at all times so I can grab them quickly when I go tot he range. I got into that habbit when we had the burro shoots, which we really need to start doing again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#5]
IMHO, its not worth the legal risk to get standard capacity mags, if you didn't own them prior to the ban. At least there are 10 round mags available that don't look super neutered, like the bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll see a lot of new mags from manufacturers that didnt even exist in 2000 at the range.

Yep, that DHS teflon body, wolf spring, magpull ranger tab and gen II follower are "replacement" parts.  just like that Gen 5 glock mag in your pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top