Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/30/2006 8:46:02 AM EDT
Quick question:
Are vertical foregrips allowed under the law? I'm getting a rail to add a Surefire on my G36 clone, and was wondering whether I can add a foregrip too.

I checked the NRA-ILA site and it doesn't say anything about having a vertical foregrip, but I never see such grips on post-ban rifles. Plus, the new stricter AWB in the Senate now specifically bans vertical foregrips where the current one doesn't.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:58:14 AM EDT
You can add a hand guard grip to any rifle, but not a pistol. Adding it to a pistol makes it an AOW (any other weapon), and NY dosen't allow that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:18:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sgt_Gold:
You can add a hand guard grip to any rifle, but not a pistol. Adding it to a pistol makes it an AOW (any other weapon), and NY dosen't allow that.

Ahhh... Tricky bastards.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2006 8:56:13 PM EDT by HKgnnr]

Originally Posted By Sgt_Gold:

FWIW, To confuse you even more thirsty - there is an AOW that is allowed in NY- smooth bore shotgun/pistol, aka 8-ball, or those made by Serbu.

Short barrel, 12 gauge pump, vertical foregrip - goes on your pistol permit, catch is - you have to get a Chief LE to sign off on it.

Like this one pictured:

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:15:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HKgnnr:
autoweapons.com/photosv/shorty1.jpg

Hey! Is that a .32 Seecamp? Always heard they're great pocket guns.
Top Top