Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 10:59:49 AM EDT
Guys,

As of now, i have tenative plans to be in the jackson area friday evening - monday evening.

The reports I'm getting thus far basically say that if you go much farther south than jackson, it's way too early to start real cleanup, and anything done there as an individual would be more of a help than a hindrance.

With that in mind, I've secured some work for the weekend removing trees (if nothing happens - everything is very fluid right now)

Long story short, I'll be bringing a saw, water, gas, and an more-or-less empty truck bed.

If anyone needs anything that can be gotten in Tennessee but not readily available in central MS, let me know.

edited title to say jackson MS, not jackson TN

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I  am going to McComb friday to help my daughters inlaws. Any road reports would be a big help. I 55 or other north south roads.  Are there any check points? We are taking down a gen set and 55 gallons of fuel.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I  am going to McComb friday to help my daughters inlaws. Any road reports would be a big help. I 55 or other north south roads.  Are there any check points? We are taking down a gen set and 55 gallons of fuel.

Serious as a heart attack here: If you can find another generator, bring it.

Someone will buy it.

Same with fuel. Gasoline is the new currency in south Mississippi.

Do NOT try natchez trace.

I-55, Highway 25/35/43 are all open. No road problems.

Be sure to bring gas for yourself, enough to get you back to north mississippi.

before you go south of canton/carthage mississippi, stop and top off your tank.

tuesday night a freind of mine (from McComb) called looking for a generator, so I met him in jackson MS w/ a generator and fuel. He said 3 weeks MINIMUM for power to be restored.

edit:

and you're an arfcommer, so i hope it goes without saying, if you're carrying gas and a generator, go armed. 'nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info! Can not find another gen or I would.  Falaholoc plus Win 1200 backed up with a sar 3 with a reddot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top