Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/8/2020 5:33:24 PM EDT
We can get a discounted rate for a Tactical Medical Class from Apex Defense Group. We need 5 to commit to get the $75/ea rate.

Any interest?

@Philmore
@jdsbusa
@UH_SALT_RIFLE
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
@2apatriot
@FREEFALLE7
@wparkinson
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
@JasonD
@ARguy
@DarkLordVader
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
@GLOCK-23
@Seanquigley
@skinny79
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
@PhillyandBCEagles
@CaptColtMossberg
@ForestRegion
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Interested!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
@Ammon
@Spartanatheart
@qualityhardware
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
@jafrush
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
And obviously, anyone else that wants to come!

Be sure to hit the poll I am about to put up, and respond with 100% IN if you are going to make it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been to a tac med class this year, otherwise I would be in. That said, its definitely great training and you can't have too much. Hopefully this class uses the bleeder dummies so you can practice tourniquet application and wound packing.

How about a carbine course too sometime soon?

@TheTower
@MattyGunz
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been to a tac med class this year, otherwise I would be in. That said, its definitely great training and you can't have too much. Hopefully this class uses the bleeder dummies so you can practice tourniquet application and wound packing.

How about a carbine course too sometime soon?

@TheTower
@MattyGunz
View Quote

I'd be down for one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe in. Any info on location and times?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, need additional details.
Im definitely interested.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
This, need additional details.
Im definitely interested.
View Quote

Location is Walnut Cove most likely, but has other location near there. Think Winston Salem area.

I have taken this class before, but wouldn't be opposed to a refresher course... Depends on the date... I can only do weekends...

34,000 Americans are killed in car accidents, 4.4 million more are injured seriously enough to be hospitalized.... So knowing how to stop bleeding, etc could be very important to know
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#14]
@Philmore has been doing the talking with them, so he'll have to chime in with where and what time, but he did say the date would be Saturday 8/8.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Can any one vouch for the class content? I don't mind the $75, but it's a 200 mile drive each way for me from Aiken.  If the class is good,  count me in,  but I'd like to hear a bit more.  I read their website and they have a generic sentence about their instructors having a diverse skill set,  but zero details about the instructors.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ll call them tomorrow and get some details.
Also on how to make sure anyone from this group can get a discount.  
I’d imagine it’s at their facility in Stokes co right above Winston-Salem.  
Anyone else that knows any details chime in!  
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Can any one vouch for the class content? I don't mind the $75, but it's a 200 mile drive each way for me from Aiken.  If the class is good,  count me in,  but I'd like to hear a bit more.  I read their website and they have a generic sentence about their instructors having a diverse skill set,  but zero details about the instructors.
View Quote

@Spartanatheart has done some classes with them, I think.

What can you tell us?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’ll call them tomorrow and get some details.
Also on how to make sure anyone from this group can get a discount.  
I’d imagine it’s at their facility in Stokes co right above Winston-Salem.  
Anyone else that knows any details chime in!  
View Quote

Thanks for getting this ball rolling!
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What can you tell us?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What can you tell us?

I’ve done enough classes that i should probably own stock in the company.

Owner is top shelf, he used to have a whole page online listing his skills, degrees & qualifications, but then had website trouble & I guess that part hasn’t been typed..

Ryan has doctorate in counter terrorism, specializes in church security, trains police from all around, has done protection work & anti-human trafficking stuff, etc. I really can’t remember all his degrees & certificates, but I can promise you that he is the single most intelligent & humble instructor I ever met.

“Bush” is his sidekick. Not his real name, we call him bush because he has supernatural ability to blend in when teaching “camo & recon”.. I mean he will stand up & wave at you & you still won’t see him.

I’m such a believer in this company, that I gifted them $500 to buy advertising. Clint Smith isn’t going to be around forever & these guys have top shelf skills, but are more Bob Ross in their demeanor without painting.

You asked about the class “tac-med 101”... I have taken it & so did my wife, who managed to learn some things even though she already has her bachelor’s degree in nursing...

Class covers wide variety, from clearing airways, types of tourniquets & where to apply them,  bandage types, how to move body if needed, etc.. they pack quite a bit into this class.

If you take 2 classes at regular cost, you then become a “pack member” which deducts money off all future classes. I’m not sure how that works precisely, since this is a group deal, but you can ask Ryan.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Owner is top shelf, he used to have a whole page online listing his skills, degrees & qualifications, but then had website trouble & I guess that part hasn’t been typed..

Ryan has doctorate in counter terrorism, specializes in church security, trains police from all around, has done protection work & anti-human trafficking stuff, etc. I really can’t remember all his degrees & certificates, but I can promise you that he is the single most intelligent & humble instructor I ever met.

“Bush” is his sidekick. Not his real name, we call him bush because he has supernatural ability to blend in when teaching “camo & recon”.. I mean he will stand up & wave at you & you still won’t see him.

I’m such a believer in this company, that I gifted them $500 to buy advertising. Clint Smith isn’t going to be around forever & these guys have top shelf skills, but are more Bob Ross in their demeanor without painting.

You asked about the class “tac-med 101”... I have taken it & so did my wife, who managed to learn some things even though she already has her bachelor’s degree in nursing...

Class covers wide variety, from clearing airways, types of tourniquets & where to apply them,  bandage types, how to move body if needed, etc.. they pack quite a bit into this class.

If you take 2 classes at regular cost, you then become a “pack member” which deducts money off all future classes. I’m not sure how that works precisely, since this is a group deal, but you can ask Ryan.
View Quote

That's all I needed to hear.  I'll hit the poll,  this is now on my calendar, I'm in!
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What can you tell us?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Great info Spartan

Ryan said they’ve got 9 slots left open as of now.  
Pay online or at the training that day.

Discount applies if you say your with this group.  
Just go to their site for number, call and they’ll put you down to attend. You can email as well.  
Confirmation checklist will have location, what to bring, times, etc.
ETA:  I am signed up to go!
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Great info Spartan

Ryan said they’ve got 9 slots left open as of now.  
Pay online or at the training that day.

Discount applies if you say your with this group.  
Just go to their site for number, call and they’ll put you down to attend. You can email as well.  
Confirmation checklist will have location, what to bring, times, etc.
ETA:  I am signed up to go!
View Quote

@Philmore, you have a link you can post up here for us to make it easier?

Thanks for taking the lead on making this happen!
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@Philmore, you have a link you can post up here for us to make it easier?

Thanks for taking the lead on making this happen!
View Quote

This link?

https://facebook.com/events/s/tactical-medicine-1-tecc/2459148341003482/?ti=as

If you don't have Facebook, here is link on the company's website.

https://www.apexdefensegroup.com/about-us-schedule-and-payments/class-payment/

I've always just paid when I got there. I keep some cash on hand always for things like this. Plus at the end of the class he has medical packs you can buy if you want.

I bought several for myself and family.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Just registered.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#27]
What time does the class start and how long is it?
I didn't see anything other than a date?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

9am to 5pm, but best get there a little early for meet & greet... assume class will run late, they sometimes do... especially if you decide to peruse the gear they have for sale...

Do NOT buy your tourniquets on amazon, they have lots of counterfeits. I will tell you a story about that at class.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

9am to 5pm, but best get there a little early for meet & greet... assume class will run late, they sometimes do... especially if you decide to peruse the gear they have for sale...

Do NOT buy your tourniquets on amazon, they have lots of counterfeits. I will tell you a story about that at class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define a little early.

We talking 8am, or more like 8:30?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Define a little early.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define a little early.

8:30 should be good
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define a little early.

Really looking forward to this!
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Left voicemail, planning to attend!
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Left voicemail, planning to attend!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Where would it be located at?

ETA:  I see its in Winston Salem, I might can make it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Yes!
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#36]
wife and I are planning to attend.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Might be out of town that weekend but if not I'm in.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Registered! 2-3 spots left, so sign up while the signing is good.

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Any openings left?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any openings left?
View Quote

I think you have to contact Apex Defense Group yourself & ask.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#42]
BUMP

If you're interested, get in on this!
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#43]
BUMP

Class is full!!!!

Hopefully it's a bunch of us.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I’d love to make it, but will be working 8/8 unfortunately
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Well I'm still coming, unable to bring SO & child though.

Bring extra money since there is usually good medic gear for sale at end to pick from.

If you want to eat lunch, local joint called "kings hotdogs" is conservative run & food is pretty delicious.

I reccomend avoiding local Chinese food joint, I'm not even sure they are open anymore.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Good to know
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys want to meet early and chat a bit? Say 8:30?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I drove into charlotte this evening and am staying the night.  Hope to get on the road early and make it to the class with plenty of time to spare.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You guys want to meet early and chat a bit? Say 8:30?
View Quote

I'm planning on getting there about 8:30
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top