Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:17:56 PM EST
Is anyone in here SWAT or know someone on a SWAT team in ATL. I am currently getting training for being a SWAT team Tactical Physician --but cannot get pass the swat team operator.
Need advice.

drjwelch (at) yahoo.com

Thanks,
"DOC"
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:03:02 AM EST
I have contacts with SWAT teams for City of Marietta and Cobb County. I may be able to help. IM me your info.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:01:38 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:57:14 AM EST
send me an IM I may be able to help you
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:48:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By drjwelch:
Is anyone in here SWAT or know someone on a SWAT team in ATL. I am currently getting training for being a SWAT team Tactical Physician --but cannot get pass the swat team operator.
Need advice.

drjwelch (at) yahoo.com

Thanks,
"DOC"

U get your A/C back blowing cold
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:48:23 AM EST
One of our paramedics is also a Grady medic, an RN, and a SWAT medic for APD (through Grady EMS). Grady medics on the APD SWAT team are not armed medics (yet), but they go through all the SWAT and CONTOMS-type training down at GPSTC.

What I want is to get my paramedic, practice for a few years, then get POST certification. I'm game for SWAT medic, but not as a target. I don't really want to stand outside, and I definitely don't want to stack without a weapon. POST certification is what the Grady/APD medics are pushing for, for that reason. The problem is that Grady EMS is fighting it. Like many fire and EMS services that provice the medic end of a SWAT team, they hate the idea of their medics carrying blasters.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:58:33 AM EST
Thanks,
IMs Sent.

Originally Posted By Fro1911Nut:

Hey Fros,
Well we replaced the evap core but, I haven't charged the system yet to take it back for testing again. Hopefully we are done with it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:10:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By drjwelch:
Thanks,
IMs Sent.

Originally Posted By Fro1911Nut:

Hey Fros,
Well we replaced the evap core but, I haven't charged the system yet to take it back for testing again. Hopefully we are done with it.

Good to hear J.....dont forget carls # if u need something
Top Top