Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:52:49 PM EDT
Due to family problems I had to move back to the PRK . Trying to find parts for an AR is like ...well..trying to find an intelligent liberl.

When changing over a stock on one of my AR's the tube unscrewed with the butstock screw and before I knew it out shot the buffer retaintion pin, and I could not find it..Anyway I called ASA and they offered to send out a couple with springs..no charge, I even offered to give them a credit card..or offer to send them a check if they sent them out..All the gentleman on the phone said was no need.."I'm just happy to have people enjoy their rifles"..

Thanks ASA
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 9:08:07 PM EDT by Dace]

Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:
Due to family problems I had to move back to the PRK . Trying to find parts for an AR is like ...well..trying to find an intelligent liberl.

When changing over a stock on one of my AR's the tube unscrewed with the butstock screw and before I knew it out shot the buffer retaintion pin, and I could not find it..Anyway I called ASA and they offered to send out a couple with springs..no charge, I even offered to give them a credit card..or offer to send them a check if they sent them out..All the gentleman on the phone said was no need.."I'm just happy to have people enjoy their rifles"..

Thanks ASA

I hope you are fixing it so you can sell it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:58:21 PM EDT
... what do you need a buffer retaintion pin for anyway?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 9:13:35 PM EDT by Zionist]

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... what do you need a buffer retaintion pin for anyway?

Funny

I thought I was the only one drinking tonite..." buffer retaintion"

Wolfey...That would be "Retention"....And "Bloody Hell"...It is designed into the weapon!!!

Maybe I need to send you some "Fresh" Cigars...But what do I know...I'm still drinking
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 9:25:19 AM EDT by Boog]
It's one and only purpose is to retain the buffer assy. when you shotgun open the upper off the lower. It serves no other purpose. If one is careful and remembers to control and catch the buffer assy. when you shotgun the upper from the lower, you can run a 100% functional AR without the buffer retaning pin/spring.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:27:46 PM EDT
Wait a minute he actually said something about people enjoying their rifles! What about when I called and told them the POS I bought from them wouldn't extract after I fired 3 mags through it. I was told it was my problem and to piss off.

ASA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:40:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:16:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Colt-653:
celtic-dad

If you have a problem with your rifle you are welcome to send it back in and it will be repaired free of charge.

... Whatever you say about ASA in the past, that is an admirable position and policy if honored now - Thank you sir for standing behind your product
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:25:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Colt-653:
celtic-dad

If you have a problem with your rifle you are welcome to send it back in and it will be repaired free of charge.

Wow... sounds like you are really making a true effort to repair the past. That says a lot in my book, sir. Customer service beats price anyday!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:33:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 12:27:37 PM EDT by Javelinadave]

Originally Posted By celtic-dad:
Wait a minute he actually said something about people enjoying their rifles! What about when I called and told them the POS I bought from them wouldn't extract after I fired 3 mags through it. I was told it was my problem and to piss off.

ASA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Celtic Dad makes a habit out of trash-talking businesses on forums. I am not trashing him but he needs to check his facts before he goes off on anybody or anything. Nobody likes a hot head!

I bought an M-4 from Brad at ASA, I have had several friends buy weapons from him and every last one of us are as happy as can be!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:24:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Colt-653

If I purchase an ASA rifle used, either from a private party or a retail vendor, and it doesn't work right and hasn't been modified in any way from it's original configuration, will you still fix it for free? Or will you only do so for the original owner? Since ASA had a reputation for selling rifles that didn't work, or didn't work well, and insisting that they were fine (even when the gas port was missing) I think this is a reasonable question for someone who likes buying/selling/trading used AR's to ask.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:40:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 7:43:22 PM EDT by Colt-653]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:06:33 PM EDT
In the past I certainly wouldnt have purchased a rifle from ASA. After dealing with Brad, I wouldnt hesitate to do business with him. He is legit and more than accomodating. ASA is definately not the same company it used to be.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:17:44 AM EDT
Brad is the shit ladies and gentlemen. He will go out of his way to make your gear run.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:16:31 AM EDT
There is a reason for the oustanding Warrranty because your going to need it and use it period......
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:32:01 PM EDT
I can remember a time when everyone would say that the AR15 was garbage/jam-o-matic/pos.

No matter who the manufacturer was. No matter what shape or condition the weapon was in.

There have been problems with every rifle/pistol/shotgun--mechanical thing ever made-- out there.

Out of the box the new ASA is one of the best rifles for the money out there.

If I cared for the A.B.C.RR.'s of the AR15 community, then I would have those rifles instead.
--and yes I have had them too--

I have an ASA rifle. It was built by Brad for me to the style of build I wanted.
This was no "custom shop special order" that you would have to pay extra and wait 6months to a year to recieve. This was a walk in, and specify what I wanted, and I got just that rifle.

This rifle has already seen 2500+ rounds fired with no issues at all.

I have been to training classes and local matchs/shoots where all of the ABCRR's have had problems. I have been made fun of for my "parts rifle", the name tag, the funny color, etc.

YET, WHEN IT CAME TIME FOR IT TO WORK. IT HAS! EVERYTIME!!

I have been pleased with the rifle and services I have recieved from Brad and ASA. They will get my business whenever and wherever I see the need.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:57:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Javelinadave:

ASA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Celtic Dad makes a habit out of trash-talking businesses on forums. I am not trashing him but he needs to check his facts before he goes off on anybody or anything. Nobody likes a hot head!

I bought an M-4 from Brad at ASA, I have had several friends buy weapons from him and every last one of us are as happy as can be!

Hothead? This is my second post and you know me?

MY experience with ASA SUCKED. If you have had great experiences than kudos for you. I called 4 days after I bought my rifle at the Tucson gun show and told them there was a problem I got told it was ammo related(I was shooting the Winchester ball Wal-Mart ammo) I told them It wasn't ammo. I called several times after that and was told it was something I was doing it wasn't the rifle. After several weeks I said f**k it and got rid of it. After I got rid of it I started hearing about all the problems at ASA. If they have turned their act around good for them, but I got screwed once I will not get screwed again.

If spending close to $1000 and getting screwed makes me a hot head so be it. You'll never hear me trash bushmaster because I've never had a problem with them or the rifle I bought from them!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:47:47 PM EDT

ASA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

MY experience with ASA SUCKED. If you have had great experiences than kudos for you. I called 4 days after I bought my rifle at the Tucson gun show and told them there was a problem I got told it was ammo related(I was shooting the Winchester ball Wal-Mart ammo) I told them It wasn't ammo. I called several times after that and was told it was something I was doing it wasn't the rifle. After several weeks I said f**k it and got rid of it. After I got rid of it I started hearing about all the problems at ASA. If they have turned their act around good for them, but I got screwed once I will not get screwed again.

If spending close to $1000 and getting screwed makes me a hot head so be it. You'll never hear me trash bushmaster because I've never had a problem with them or the rifle I bought from them!

You were unable to diagnose the extraction problem yourself?

3 whole mags? Whoa
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 9:05:04 PM EDT by celtic-dad]
I took the rifle to the armory on my reserve weekend. The chamber wasn't within specs. The rifle should have been checked before it left the shop. Is that to much to ask? Just for safety's sake it should have been checked. Is it not common knowlecge that ASA is junk? I guess the other posts on this site about ASA being junk are other people "trash talking"!

Oh yeah and it couldn't fire more than 3 mags AT A TIME! I tried to put several hundred rounds through it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:18:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 3:19:10 PM EDT by Javelinadave]

ASA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I was referring to some of your threads on www.arizonashooting.com/firearms/forums/index.php
I'm not going to debate with you. Just my observation.
Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:33:30 PM EDT
celtic-dad, ASA used to have a lot of QC issues, whether they fixed it or not, I have no idea. I would bet money that Bob was the one you talked to. He is a piece of shit, Brad seems like he is trying to fix that place and if he offers to fix your gun, I would take him up on it, what do you have to lose. I personally don't give ASA any business because Bob owns it, I have only been in there a few times and each time I was there Bob threw a hissy fit over something or another, but the other workers were helpful and friendly. I just can't justify putting money in Bob's pocket. My $.02
Top Top