Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2007 7:33:51 PM EDT
aaaaaaaaaanyone around Albany have a spare complete AR lower they want to part with?

also I am looking at using this upper (with a muzzlebrake welded in place of flash hider of course)

what ya all think?  Would make for a bad ass M4 profile AR.  I had two Colt A2 20inchers in the past....didnt do much for me.  But...ive always wanted a M4 profile rifle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In case you were not aware, Stag Arms has post ban models of their entire product line available.

oh

i just saw this on AIM.

hopefully the ban compliant one doesnt cost more?

also if i got this one i could slap on my choice of muzzlebreak, another thing i am kind of picky about
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
oh..

Stag-15 Complete Upper Half MI ERS
Model 2H Pre-Ban
MSRP
$525.00

it costs more to get it from Stag.  Would be better off getting the preban config upper and installing my own muzzle device, and welding it in place.  Cheaper route.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:25:42 AM EDT
[#4]
You would have to grind the bayonet lug off as well.

You can likely find a low mileage complete rifle on the EE for not much more than the cost of that upper.  You may want to check with Pete in NH on a post ban compliant rifle - he is a Stag & RRA dealer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You would have to grind the bayonet lug off as well.

You can likely find a low mileage complete rifle on the EE for not much more than the cost of that upper.  You may want to check with Pete in NH on a post ban compliant rifle - he is a Stag & RRA dealer.

yeah the bayonet lug would have to be taken care of also.  I prefer to just bead up some material with a tig welder so that it indeed is inoperable, but in the future that excess material would just have to be ground off to make it functional once again

Pete in NH?  Is that his username or?  Stag and RRA are great mfgs, I also like CMMG very much.

As long as the AR would be in same config as that upper id be content.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Pete in NH?  Is that his username or?  Stag and RRA are great mfgs, I also like CMMG very much.

username is Legal-Transfers
website is www.ar15sales.com
He's a good guy with good prices.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=143647

ah yes, this is a good price.

damn, you guys are gona put me in the poor house!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

you're still pretty young...it will get worse...don't fight it...it will only make it harder on you in the long run.
Resistance is futile
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're still pretty young...it will get worse...don't fight it...it will only make it harder on you in the long run.
Resistance is futile

heh ive considered selling off my car to buy a Sig550...and other toys with leftover cash.

thats how you KNOW your on that track!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk to Pete. he knew exactly what I needed for my Ny compiant post ban form Stag. super fast shipping and nice clean looking brake. He has a kit that has a pinned M4 stock, Stag LKP and 2H upper for $625 I beleive it was.

This is all you need to buy! Add your upper and go go go!

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Intimdtr77, hows that MB work for ya?

also, any MBs you could recommend that look near identical to the birdcage A2's visually?

i was thinking of the Phantom..or was it the Vortex.  I forget offhand
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
also, any MBs you could recommend that look near identical to the birdcage A2's visually?

www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/29585.htm
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

excellent, they look good...and the price is fair.

my final question, is there any increased noise output from these MBs?

one my buddies has a fake flash on his PTR91 and that thing throws a mean concussion wave/sound out. Its not too bad if your the shooter, but..have mercy if your on the line.

Long as theres no concussion sent back at the shooter, and no significant noise output then id be won over by these muzzle devices.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I have only had the chance to fire mine in an indoor range so it has been louder then shit. Hopefully this week I'll get to an outdoor range to compare.

If you buy this upper you only need a stripped lower from anywhere. Drop the hundo on any lower of your shoice and yor set. Mine is a Spikes Lower. I am really happy with it. Matched right up, no spaces etc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

one my buddies has a fake flash on his PTR91 and that thing throws a mean concussion wave/sound out. Its not too bad if your the shooter, but..have mercy if your on the line.

Long as theres no concussion sent back at the shooter, and no significant noise output then id be won over by these muzzle devices.

from what I gather, the fake flash suppressors do not increase noise as they are not a muzzlebreak. ...just about any muzzlebreak will increase noise along the firing line though some will be louder than others. The fake flash suppressors on there are really just muzzle attachments with no holes other than the one at the end (unlike a MB).
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

from what I gather, the fake flash suppressors do not increase noise as they are not a muzzlebreak. ...just about any muzzlebreak will increase noise along the firing line though some will be louder than others. The fake flash suppressors on there are really just muzzle attachments with no holes other than the one at the end (unlike a MB).

ripped this out of my other post I have here on Arfcom.....now would this IGF brake increase noise then being its a MB and not just a fake flash?

"ok..

so on my V93 rifle ive got a sleeved flash hider currently....but am considering installing a IGF brake.

What would you suggest, keep the sleeved flash hider, or have the brake installed (free install, just musts supply part)?

current sleeved flash hider

IGF brake

"
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I have an Izzy brake (as sold by Bushmaster) on 2 of my rifles and like them very much.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have an Izzy brake (as sold by Bushmaster) on 2 of my rifles and like them very much.

found it on Bushmasters website..

thing is, it has about the same dimensions as the barrel, its very low profile/signature.

I do like these...but they are labeled as flash hiders...  see how they are thicker and stand out more from a barrel?

here is the one you are referring to?

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#19]
They also make a variation with a closed end that classifies it as a muzzle brake instead of a flash suppressor.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/iz-102660-prbf.asp

There is a slip over version for plain barrels and a threaded version which has to be permanently attached in NY.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
aaaaaaaaaanyone around Albany have a spare complete AR lower they want to part with?

Dieter,
I thought you were done with AR's??
Selling the 2 Colts,and the lowers you had,I really thought you were "DONE".
Wish I could help you out,but the lowers turned into a Saiga 12!!!!

Tom
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Dieter,
I thought you were done with AR's??
Selling the 2 Colts,and the lowers you had,I really thought you were "DONE".
Wish I could help you out,but the lowers turned into a Saiga 12!!!!

Tom

I thought I was too but...when I went to the range with my friend Esther, shot another M4 style carbine and well...I think I need another.

No full lengths this time.....nothing retro.  I want something that is very modern in design, and looks the part too.  Doesnt need to be preban, so it can keep the cost down.

In time maybe install some mid level optics on it, if I decide to hold onto it for any length of time

Wont be a blaster,..cant afford to be blasting with decent .223.

Yessssssssss, still need a Saiga 12 too...among a billion other things.

No worries time, just means more toys for you to test out next shoot!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#22]
There is a low mileage Bushmaster for sale in the EE right now for $800 shipped.

Linky

Keep watching the EE unless you are set on a new Stag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There is a low mileage Bushmaster for sale in the EE right now for $800 shipped.

Linky

got any lowers for me Bushman?
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 4:36:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

Everything is for sale at the right price - how much of a premium are you willing to pay?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

Everything is for sale at the right price - how much of a premium are you willing to pay?  

got any stag lowers?

i had one and sold it, this was like a year ago though....

sometimes i prefer to buy certain stuff FTF vs having it on a 4473 ya know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top