Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/7/2004 11:55:34 AM EST
Is there a location to purchase AR lowers in SC? Mainly around the three major cities. Charleston, Greenville or Cola? ATP Gunshop in Goose Creek has quite a few models of AR's but I don't know if they'll sell lowers. If anyone knows if they do that information would be greatly appreciated.

Retar Ted
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:07:03 PM EST
I'm in Columbia and don't know of anywhere that sells lowers. In fact alot of "Gunshops" don't even want to do transfers. However I can give you the name of the guy here that I used. Very nice guy to deal with. Has a little pawn shop, but is super nice and only charged $20, whereas the only other people in the area I could get to do it wanted like $50!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:53:17 AM EST
I haven't seen anybody stocking lowers, but most places could order them, including a private FFL holder who would probably give you a better deal.

Are you in the Charleston area? I have had some interesting experiences in ATP.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:24:19 AM EST
"Interesting experiences in ATP"

That doesn't sound too good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:36:54 AM EST
Well, in conversations with an employee there, I've been told:

- Civilians should not be allowed to own .50BMG rifles because they are weapons of mass destruction.

- There is no reason for a civilian to have full auto because they waste ammo and you can't hit your target because they can't be controlled (somebody ought to tell the military this!).

- A defensive handgun shouldn't be too big (caliber) so you don't get charged with using excessive force.

- If you have kids in the house you shouldn't let them know about your guns.

Note: These points didn't come from the owner/manager, just one of the guys behind the counter.

The navy uses the range for some of their weapons qual, and I've been told by a couple sailors that they've been treated badly while in there.

I was thinking of getting an M44. I've seen them advertised for $59-$79 in pubs like SGN. I saw a couple on the rack in ATP and they were marked $139, apparently for those who don't know what they are looking at.

Have you seen Trader World on Cross County Road? Rather than advocating the ban of .50 BMG, a while back they had an AR-50 in their shop. I think they have more selection, too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:23:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:26:42 AM EST
Took my CCP from the owner and he seemed pro-gun. I haven't gotten a chance to get over to Trader World yet but am planning on it when I get a break from school. I'll have to talk to my LEO relative and see what deals he can get me in the Cola area.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:06:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2004 9:14:41 PM EST by MDC85]
Do NOT go to ATP. Horrible people to do business with.

I would suggest Coastal Firearms in Mt Pleasant, the Gun Doctor close to moncks corner, or even trader world.

Don't give those assholes any of your money.

Heres a fun fact....ATP's FFL fee is 25 bucks plus 10% of the cost of the firearm

Another good one....ATP charges you to keep firearms, even if you buy them from 'em. I got my RRA from Coastal and they guy happily kept mine for two months....even let me shoot it and store it there until I could take it.

I know one coastie that bought an AR from them with a preban upper on it....they fucking had sawed the bayo lug off of it...looked like complete ass

the real question is....where are all the high school ho's in summerville?

edit: on second thought, the gun doctor might not be such a grand idea, they mostly do hunting rifles. Hell, he wouldnt even put a FH on my AR
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:58:13 PM EST
I do a lot of business with Fast cash Pawn Shop, up here in Spartanburg. Those guys'll order anything I ask 'em to. When I wanted a flattop Dissy, none of their distributors had one in stock, so they called BM, and ordered one straight from the factory. They will also call in handgun purchases while you wait, unlike a lot of other places I've dealt with. Since that order, BM now has them on file, so I'm sure they'd order just a lower.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:34:06 AM EST
In Cola. Check out West Bridge Pawn at the foot of the Gervais St Bridge on the West Cola side (Meeting St). THe owners name is Jody Becknell. Great guy. Will do the FFL transfer for $20 bucks. Very nice guy.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:13:50 AM EST
TRy

John Lyman
The Tarheel Gunner
611 Alwyn Blvd.
Summerville, SC 29485-4091

phone: 843-821-4236

Hours: by appointment
Transfer fee: $20.00
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:49:28 AM EST
+1

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
TRy

John Lyman
The Tarheel Gunner
611 Alwyn Blvd.
Summerville, SC 29485-4091

phone: 843-821-4236

Hours: by appointment
Transfer fee: $20.00

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:24:31 AM EST
Awesome. Thanks yall
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:55:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By MDC85:

the real question is....where are all the high school ho's in summerville?

I'll go shooting with you, but I'm not going to post bail for you!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:48:59 PM EST
Guys john lyman (tar heel gunner) is the man in the charleston/summerville area. super nice guy and very competent. I did 3 transfers through him and then got moved to the buttcrack of south carolina by my job. (sumter if your wondering)

ATP are horrible people to do business with. follow advice and stay away.

Trader world is pretty good. they went up on prices just before i left and i don't know why but im sure they are just keepin up with the market. They will help you out and tell you what they can to help

the gun doctor is a very unpleasent man to be around. He did an action job on my rem. 700 308 and its pretty good but just seems like an angry dude. Hes kinda high also

West bridge pawn has apparently had some changes. I went in to talk to this jody guy, and turns out he doesn't work there anymore. I don't know whats up but hes a no go.

Shooters choice are wankers so no help there.

Bob Griffin in the south congaree/west columbia area is good. 30 bucks for a transfrer with out the Concealed carry permit. But he is a class 2 manufacturer and sells suppressors and other cool stuff. I bought a p22 and am going back to get the suppressor for him also.

there is this guy in Bishopsville named Rooks Sales and Service that is a class 3 dealer. Hes really quiet and pretty nice. He has decent prices and will do a transfer for 25 bucks. don't be worried if hes quiet, he just works that way. he deals with RRA stuff and will sell you a lower to. supposed to be getting some in soon.

hope this helps guys

brian
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:27:29 PM EST
I'm in Easley, near Greenville.
I do transfers for $20. Additional transfers on the same 4473 are $5.
I am also a class three dealer. NFA transfers are $50.

I should have some RRA and other assorted manufacture lowers in soon.

Henry@Title2.com
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:10:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 5:06:44 AM EST by BDHershey]
Try looking here too.

Just put in your zip code and it'll give you a listing of local FFL's.

-Hershey

Edited to add: Sorry I told you about Jody and he's not there any more. One of my friends went to see him a few weeks ago and didn't say anything about him not being there. Let me know if you find another good FFL in the area, because it seems mine is now gone!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:01:25 AM EST
+1 for Henry at TitleII

and

+1 for John at The Tarheel Gunner

Both are great guys, I have done business with both and had excellent experiences.
Top Top