Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 3:07:13 PM EDT
Hey AR Wrench ,guys, I just got me a FR8.I liked AR Wrench's so much at the Big CE shoot I found one and got it. Its in OK to Good shape. Not excellent.... It has what seems to been light surfaces rust and the bore is slightly frosted. Just ever so slight. But any way I paid $200 for it.It has matching bolt.Whats the original finish on them? Blued or Parked? I might refinnish it in the future if she turns out accurate.It has the standard FR8 rear sight.They are kinda cool.Well thought Id share with you guys, WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!  I saw the post over at Gunboards and wondered if that was you.

Did yours have a cleaning kit in the little tube?

If you think you may need to adjust the front sight (shoot it first to see if needed), I have a tool to do it. But, start putting some penetrating oil on the little set screw now!

Mine really likes Radway Green, Port and Aussi do fine also.

BTW, I also have a field service gauge if you want to checked headspace.

Edit to add: Most of the ones I have seen have a finish like mine.  A brownish looking phosphate finish. It is not rust or patina, mine was unfired after rework when I got it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics guys? I am kinda in the dark here. Sorry.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link: Sorry, it is copy/paste

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Geyser/6125/Images/FR-8/fr-8.htm
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
i had one and they are good shooters.

mike
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Good lookin gun, 7.62x51 I presume.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
7.62 X 51....Correct.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Well my reciever has 1954 on the top with the crest.It has FR8 on one side of the reciever and 7.62 on the other. I took the bolt apart and checked the headspace tonight.Its good.It closes about 1/3 of the way on my No Go guage.Thanks for the invite on your guage AR Wrench :) .. The tool tube was filled up with OIL. It's a quality light oil at that.No tool kit.I have a Cetme front site tool,thanks a again. After wiping her down with clp I have to move her finish condition up to 90% .The barrel assy is 100% . The reciever is about 70% or it has that  faded brownish look to it.But the barrel assy looks black. I haven't taken the wood off yet to see underneth it.The big plus is it shoots .308 (7.62) .I have alot of that caliber.Yeah ive already started to soak that ecentric front sight.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#9]
All I see is a red X.  

Sounds cool though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
All I see is a red X.  

Sounds cool though.

Did you miss the "Copy/paste" instructions?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Geoshitties does not allow linking of images from their servers.  However, there is an old trick that I think still works.  Rename the file from FR8-1.jpg to FR8-1.txt, and then link it.  The Geoshitties servers block (or used to, since I don't know if this still works) files by extension, and this trick sometimes works, depending on the forums software code.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, dang, Byte you were right.  That worked.  Nice looking rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top