Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2005 8:49:29 PM EDT
Anybody know of a smith that can thread an AR barrel in northwestern NV (Reno, Carson ect.)? Or am I doomed to send it out of state?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:38:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Richard down at Special Interest in Gardnerville will do it. He charges about 75 bucks though. Give him a call - 782 4342. He does a pretty good job adding the threads. Aside from him, I don't know if any other smiths in the area have the equipment on hand to do it or to do it at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
www.cgwguns.com

Rich at Century gun works can also do up your AR barrel.
Richard at Special Interest did my barrel and it came out nicely. Had to wait for him to get around to it, but if you know Richard, that's just him. Cannot speak for the quality of AR work Rich at Century does, but I have seen his refinishing work, his FAL work (he is a superheroe on the FALFiles) and they are both absolutely fantastic!

Don't send it out of state, keep our local guys busy and share the wealth!

Good luck on that rifle.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey GunMonkey,

This is awesome! I've been pondering some of these refinishing services done, but I had no idea there was someone who could do them right in our back yard.

I've got some business I'd like to throw him.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#5]
If you look at the sample photos on his website, you'll see a couple of pistols that Gunsap had refinished that belonged to my late buddy Dave. The Norinco 1911 and .40 USP, and let me tell ya, the photos on the website do not do Rich's work justice. They came out absolutely awesome. He is also a super nice guy, as well as being all but a God over on the FALFiles. You'll be happy with his work.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure if it helps but, the Gun Trader is $60 w/o a new flash hider.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#7]
But as has been discussed her, numerous times, Gun Trader sucks sweaty asshole and none of us would stop to even piss on them if they were on fire
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
But as has been discussed her, numerous times, Gun Trader sucks sweaty asshole and none of us would stop to even piss on them if they were on fire

Damn, I'm not the only one who had a bad experience there, eh?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Far from being the "ONLY" one to have a bad experience.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Agreed +3,,,,avoid that place Century Gun Works does it Right and Proper.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Wanna tell us how ya' really feel MS?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Far from being the "ONLY" one to have a bad experience.

hose
Side note I will get the barrel work done locally. I'll post before and after pics as well as a review when its all done.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I had Lee Baker in Carson City do mine (check the phone book for Hunter's Den).  'Course I had the barrel all stripped, etc when I brought it in.  Lee's a great guy.  It was pretty inexpensive as I recall.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So does this mean that you dont shop there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top