Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 1:33:27 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get an AR pistol receiver in Chicago Suburbs...  Assuming they're legal in IL - which I'm pretty sure they are.

Thanks,
Mike

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:09:29 AM EDT
[#1]
It is my understanding that any lower receiver that has never been built as a rifle, can be built as a pistol.  Cook county may have a ban however.  I am not a lawyer. :)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get an AR pistol receiver in Chicago Suburbs...  Assuming they're legal in IL - which I'm pretty sure they are.

Thanks,
Mike

Better yet where do I get an AR pistol lower in the US?
Order one and either have it transfered to a dealer on here or to the Gun Doctor out in Roselle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
cmmg has rifle lowers, and some papered pistol lowers, i just ordered some
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
ar pistol legal in IL, YES!
I'm building one now.  Just get it papered as a stripped reciever.  It has to be virgin , htough.  No stock ever.  Once you built it, then you can switch it to a rifle and back to pistol.
www.quarterbore.com  has a bunch of good info.

Build it quick before IL passes a AWB.  AND do you damndest to fight for your rights in IL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top