Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 12:10:36 AM EDT
What is the maximum allowable rounds you can have in your magazine? Someone once said that you can have an extra long clip as long as there's a stopper that doesn't let you put more than the allowable amount by law. I REALLY want to get one of those C shaped high capacity mags.

Also, anybody have any links that I can go and get some nice low priced quality mags?

THANKS!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:06:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I do have a pre-ban AR15. So, does that mean that I can buy a 100 round C Mag Drum?

PICTURED HERE
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Like Raptor said Ruben Mendiola is recommended if you're looking for a preban C-Mag. He is a great guy to deal with.

Florida Gun Works prices are teh suck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#6]
DAMN! That is the worst! What kind of BS is that!? Sounds like a f'n soccer mom lobby. hose
ANY mag I buy that holds more than 10rds HAS to be Pre-ban? Where can i find them?

And, my pre-ban current config has an A2 solid stock. If I want to go with an adjustable stock, does that have to be pre-ban also? Or if I decide to change the upper to a flat-top, does that have to be pre-ban too?

F'n NYS law is lame!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I wonder what is going to happen with the FN PS90. I guess they will be banned here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well I wonder what is going to happen with the FN PS90. I guess they will be banned here.

I'm more interested in the FN2000.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Let's stick to the topic guys. Thanks.

Can anyone answer my new questions?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ANY mag I buy that holds more than 10rds HAS to be Pre-ban? Where can i find them?

Gun stores, Guns shows, or even better, shop the Equipment Exchange.

And, my pre-ban current config has an A2 solid stock. If I want to go with an adjustable stock, does that have to be pre-ban also?

No, you can put on a newly manufactured stock on your preban lower.

Or if I decide to change the upper to a flat-top, does that have to be pre-ban too?

No, you can put on a ban compliant configured upper on your Pre ban lower.

I'm guessing that you are asking if the upper and the stock have to be made before the 09/13/94 date.  The answer in NO.  Only your lower receiver must have been made into a completed rifle/carbine before the ban date to be considered a "Pre ban" weapon.  Your upper could have been forged yesterday and put together today and it can still be legally put on your pre ban lower. The same with the stock.  Only the Lower Receiver needs to be 11 years old.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Lets say you had a mag with no date code or a preban and were involved in a home defense shooting. Would they be able to bust balls if you had a full 30 rd load in the magazine?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Lets say you had a mag with no date code or a preban and were involved in a home defense shooting. Would they be able to bust balls if you had a full 30 rd load in the magazine?

No. You can load a magazine to full capacity in NY. If you had a preban 100 round mag you could load it fully too. Not to mention home defense laws in NY are suprisingly good. Dont quote me or take this as legal advise, Im not an attorney!

This info is from my high school criminal law class so it may be outdated. If someone enters your dwelling (usually a house, apartment, trailer, RV, etc) you can unload as much as you want into them. There is no such thing as unnnecessary force in this case. As long as you "feared for your life and/or that of your family" you will likely be fine and the incident will probably be considered self defense.

Theres a catch, and this is where it gets stupid. The person must completely enter your home. Shooting somebody who is halfway through your window doesnt count.  Generally speaking if you shoot somebody entering your home they must fall and land within your home. If they were standing in a doorway and dropped on the floor you are ok. Drop on the porch and you are guilty.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
....extra long clip as long as there...

I haven't seen a clip yet that holds more than 10 rounds?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....extra long clip as long as there...

I haven't seen a clip yet that holds more than 10 rounds? hr

hat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top