Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 12:19:33 PM EDT
Looking for a local smith or someone to help with installing a Troy TRX Handguard on my AR this week?  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have installed several handguards. Not the troy though. I have the vice block and a few tools if thats what you need. I live in Gastonia. PM me if you need help.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have installed several handguards. Not the troy though. I have the vice block and a few tools if thats what you need. I live in Gastonia. PM me if you need help.

The TRX (I have a 11" model on my Spikes st-22) is a very easy handguard to install just remove old handguard ,and all of the usual suspects when needed to install a free float tube and then remove factory barrel nut.

Install new supplied barrelnut with supplied barrel nut tool and torque to specs.

when installing TRX rail onto there barrel nut, do not over tighten the two screws at the bottom near the lower receiver you can break the handguard if overtightened and just make sure to tighten both screws evenly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The TRX (I have a 11" model on my Spikes st-22) is a very easy handguard to install just remove old handguard ,and all of the usual suspects when needed to install a free float tube and then remove factory barrel nut.

Install new supplied barrelnut with supplied barrel nut tool and torque to specs.

when installing TRX rail onto there barrel nut, do not over tighten the two screws at the bottom near the lower receiver you can break the handguard if overtightened and just make sure to tighten both screws evenly.

Figured it wasn't hard, I just don't have a vise, blocks, or barrel wrench.  JeepinNC I'll let you know as I expect to have it delivefred Thursday afternoon and need to install the rail Thursday evening so i can sight in on Friday for a match I'm particpating in on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this going on the Spike's 14.5" middy? Either way, I'll have to check that out Saturday since I'm thinking about using a TRX on 1, if not 2, of my builds but haven't had the chance to handle one yet.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is this going on the Spike's 14.5" middy? Either way, I'll have to check that out Saturday since I'm thinking about using a TRX on 1, if not 2, of my builds but haven't had the chance to handle one yet.

Yes, I ordered mine directly from Spikes when you got yours however they screwed up the order which caused the delays.  Should be here tomorrow so I wanna get it ready for Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It makes for a very nice and slim rail.
Novenske makes a sweet and very affordable sling adapter  low profile, rotation limited and only $17.50

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/bigpic.cgi?d=noveskerifleworks.com&i=trxqd_1d.jpg
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Figured it wasn't hard, I just don't have a vise, blocks, or barrel wrench.  JeepinNC I'll let you know as I expect to have it delivefred Thursday afternoon and need to install the rail Thursday evening so i can sight in on Friday for a match I'm particpating in on Saturday.

Be glad to help but I am on shift Thursday (firefighter) so I cant help you on Thursday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top