Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/11/2005 6:43:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 6:44:22 PM EDT by last_mile2002]
I've been disappointed with the PDX gun shows for the past 6 months. It costs you $15 for parking and admission just to get in the door.

Later this month the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club is having one of their gun shows at the Linn County fairgrounds. Its free to park and only $5 or so to get in. I've always bought more at these shows because most of the major players are still there and the prices may be a little cheaper....sometimes. If I don't see what I want at the gun show, Sportsman's Warehouse in Salem is a short stop off I-5 on the way there/back.

September 24 - 25th

Disclaimer: I'm not connected with ARPC or the gun show. But, I do go the the ARPC machine gun shoots and its a blast!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:18:04 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up.

The ARPC shows are pretty good and it’s by and for a good club, not just to line someone’s pockets.

Don’t know when, but I’m sure I’ll be there at some point that weekend.

Anyone else going?

-Chris
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:06:05 PM EDT
I'll be moving back into things at corvallis. i should probably be there.

Let me know when you're going chris. I'll bring dale and ashley.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:11:37 AM EDT
Don't know when we'll be going, but I'll be sure to let you know.

Also, Speed Steel is this Saturday out at the ARPC.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:36:26 AM EDT
Anyone know about how many tables will be there?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:42:21 PM EDT
You can always call the organizers at ARPC and ask. From past shows I would estimate the size to be 1/2 the size of the Portland show or maybe 4 times the size of Hillsboro.

But (big BUTT), I would say these were a vast majority of "qualified" table. No Beanie Babies, glasses cleaning booths, etc.

I really like this show because I can price out ammo at Sportsman's Warehouse in Salem on the way down, hit the show, and have the option to stop at SW on the way home, if Miwall (Outdoor Marksman) doesn't have a better price at the show.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:54:47 PM EDT
FYI outdoor marksman is also located right off I-5 in Salem, it's a good place to stock up between gun shows.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:25:28 PM EDT
probably be there on Sunday, the USC / Oregon game is on Saturday
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:33:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushwacker85:

Oregon?!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:51:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushwacker85:

You must love watching duck's get tortured...

they're gonna get creamed....
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:17:02 PM EDT
Creamed? I don't think so. Any of you remember what happened when Michigan came to Autzen a couple of years ago? We kicked ass. Autzen is going to be as loud or louder than the Michigan game. I think we can do it. One thing is for sure, we are a shitload better than those beavers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:05:03 PM EDT
Oh man, sure as hell am glad I was at the Michingan game. I'm headed down to pick up my ticket to the USC game tomorrow morning. Ah the perks of being a student. GO DUCKS!

Not sure if I'm gonna make it to the ARPC show or not. Hometown show, so I usually try to make an appearance. I'm not really shopping for anything in particular right now and last time it was kind of dissapointing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:45:09 AM EDT
mmmmmm, creamed duck, sounds good.

btw, I’ll be at the show on Saturday.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:53:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By last_mile2002:
I've been disappointed with the PDX gun shows for the past 6 months. It costs you $15 for parking and admission just to get in the door.

Later this month the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club is having one of their gun shows at the Linn County fairgrounds. Its free to park and only $5 or so to get in. I've always bought more at these shows because most of the major players are still there and the prices may be a little cheaper....sometimes. If I don't see what I want at the gun show, Sportsman's Warehouse in Salem is a short stop off I-5 on the way there/back.

September 24 - 25th

Disclaimer: I'm not connected with ARPC or the gun show. But, I do go the the ARPC machine gun shoots and its a blast!

Thanks for the heads up! I live here, and did not realize the show was this weekend.

The Albany Gun Show is always a lot of fun!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:51:58 AM EDT
You live here?

Me too.

Will be at the show Sunday. I have soccer all day Saturday, with my kids playing, me reffing, and playing in a late game, I won't have any time to go on Saturday :( Which is too bad, since the best deals are on Saturday, they get all bought out...

Last year, I went back on Sunday around noon, and there were only a couple AR's left. :(
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:07:04 PM EDT
Did anyone else see the Inland M-1 Carbine with light wood for $400?

Just wondering if I passed up a good deal
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:30:38 PM EDT
I didn't make it to the show. Moving into a new apartment here in Eugene took a lot more time than I thought it would. Aw well, I probably would have seen something I wanted...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:40:57 PM EDT
I traded for a amd kit in new condition!!!! I cant decide if I want to build a folder or a pistol!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:45:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
Did anyone else see the Inland M-1 Carbine with light wood for $400?

Just wondering if I passed up a good deal

I think I saw what you're talking about and it did seem like a good deal... gotta wonder though.

As it was I got 11 moon clips for my 625 and a manual for my old Hi-Standard.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:56:26 AM EDT
Was a good show I thought. Beat the hell out of the Expo show. Was closer, free parking, and cheap admission. Seemed a bit smaller, but still had a bit of everything. Ammo was kind of scarce though.

But I renewed my range membership, thanks to ch139 who was holding down the booth.

Then I got some .40 S&W ammo and a few snap caps.
Top Top