Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 9:48:57 AM EDT
Anyone know a gunsmith or person with the tools in the Massachusetts (plymouth) area to remove a barrel nut off a AR15 upper (trying to install a free float handguard).  It won't budge for me since i dont have a vise.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You could take it to Manchester Firing line in Manchester NH...ask for Jim..I would call first..very good guy...has never burned me on anything... www.gunsnh.com
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't Peter down at M&M on Court Street have someone he sends guns to for work?  That would be one option.

One of the guys on my pistol team is a part-time smith and might be able to help you out, as well. www.hansonrodandgunclub.com He might be there tonight for Monday Night Pistol, if you want to try to stop by. PM me for more details.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone know a gunsmith or person with the tools in the Massachusetts (plymouth) area to remove a barrel nut off a AR15 upper (trying to install a free float handguard).  It won't budge for me since i dont have a vise.  Thanks guys.

Do you have an armors block?

If so, find something anything to hold the block with upper in palce.  Get good armors wrench and crank it off...

If you still need help, drop me a line and we will see what we can do for you.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
A AR15 member is going to let me borrow his action block...i'll let u know how it goes...thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top