Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2013 2:32:45 PM EDT
Based on WEATHER and INTEREST, I will host another BASIC AR15 Class on Saturday July 20th and ADVANCED Class on July 21st.  Location is in Aucilla which is about 30 miles east of Tallahassee.  No fancy range, just a safe adaquate place to train and learn.  Class does have AC now...

Class will be a go weather wise if the threat consists mainly of scatterd thunder showers and the like.  Should a well-defined storm front be in the making, class will be pushed to another date.  In short, we will hold class even if it rains.  Some interesting things are discovered in the rain...

BASIC- Starts at 9am and runs until END OF MISSION, which has been running around 6pm.  ROUND COUNT WILL BE ABOUT 125.

The class will focus on the history and development of the AR15.  We will explore the rifle's parts in depth and discuss their function and what role they play in malfunctions.  Disassembly/assembly of the rifle and bolt carrier group and functions check.  Ammunition considerations, ballistics, zero procedures, zero profiles for select ammo, principles of basic markmanship, optics and sights.  Modifications and alterations to the rifle.  Loading, unloading, and malfunction clearing. Proper cleaning procedures.  Quality gear vs cheap gear will be addressed.

Live fire will include zero, basic markmanship positions, close range snap shooting, magazine change drills, malfunction drills, and a long-range fun shoot challenge.

As with classes in the past, a COOK OUT will end the day where afterwards folks are welcome to stay and experience some limited low-light/night shooting.  I will provide the deer burger and each person will be assigned an item to bring.  Tis has worked out great in the past so I will continue doing it.    

ADVANCED- Starts at 9am and runs until END OF MISSION, which will be about 6pm or 7pm.  Round count will be about 325.

This is a faster paced all-outdoor class.  If you don't come to the BASIC class, I expect you to know how to operate your rifle.  If you come to the BASIC class, you WILL know how to work your rifle.  This class will focus on using the AR15 as a fighting tool.  Fighting stance, forward/rearward/sideways movement techniques, cover movement techniques, turning techniques, corner/hallway clearing techniques, barricade shooting, reloading admin/tactical, malfunction drills, discretionary shooting, and a long range fun shoot are included.  This is a chance to work your rifle, your gear, and yourself.  It's work... but FUN.  Based on previous class feedback, I will look at adding transition (to hand gun) drills).

CLASS RATE IS $50.00 PER STUDENT, PER DAY and class size will be limited.  I reserve the right to give priority seating to those attending BOTH days.

To sign up and secure a spot, I need you to e-mail me the following:  Full name, contact telephone number, and e-mail address.  IM me or e-mail me with questions.  I will update this post as needed.

PLEASE... if you sign up... make the class your HIGHEST PRIORITY.

EDIT TO ADD-  IF YOU NEED A RIFLE I CAN LOAN YOU ONE.

ETA- WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

BASIC CLASS- a rifle, two magazines, ear/eye protection, a field chair, comfortable clothing/hat, lunch/drinks, and about 100-125 rounds.

ADVANCED CLASS- same as above but THREE magazines and a way to carry them on your person for drills, what ever tactical gear you have or want to train with/evaluate, and about 325 rounds.

We will do some limited transition work so bring your handgun, ammo (50 rounds), holster, and magazines/magazine pouch.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully in for the advanced class..I know I missed the last one and I'm sure all of us here really appreciate you taking the time to do this..
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Son is in Madison and could benefit from this.  I'll shoot him a note.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Just some feedback from the last class...

FEEDBACK
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you planning any classes further south yet or still in the planning stage?
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you planning any classes further south yet or still in the planning stage?

I have access down here to private property with a small berm... but it's not really ideal as far as location.  Not as secluded as my place up north... I'm still trying to decide if I can do classes there and be as safe as I am at my place with rifle shooting.

Link Posted: 7/1/2013 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I just signe up. Anymore volunteers?????
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#7]
The BASIC and ADVANCED classes are 1/2 filled... you WILL NOT find a better training value for your $$.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Bob is not kidding that this is great training for very cheap.  I'm going to try my hardest to make the advanced class, but may have a conflict that weekend.  If you have that weekend open, do it and you won't regret it.

Bob,

One thing I may suggest in the OP is adding a list of recommended items to bring or a link to the other forum with the list.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bob,

One thing I may suggest in the OP is adding a list of recommended items to bring or a link to the other forum with the list.

Thanks for the kind words and gear needs tip... forgot about that.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#10]
i will be there for both classes
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Signed up for the advanced class, hope I'm not too late.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Just a couple seats left... come shoot, learn, and have some fun with us...
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]
We are in Tallahasse  already. Exited about the weekend. Hope to have a great time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you planning any future classes? I just found this post.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#15]
First of all I have to give thanks to Bob for all he did for us this weekend. Bob make us feel like part of the "family". This was an amazing class. I thought that I was paying $50 dollars, to have fun with like minded people, and , I was floored and amaze with the instruction my son and I received. This was a very professional class, and I'm a better shooter today, than I was on Saturday morning before the class. I can go on and on about this class, but until you take it, you won't understand. We even had a cookout on Saturday of Deer burgers and sausages. My first time eating deer and I was surprise how good it was. I couldn't take pictures of all the drills because it was raining and I didn't wanted to ruin my camera and I was participating on the drills and have to either shoot my camera or shoot my rifle, I decided that shooting my rifle was more fun. BTW, This group that took the class this weekend were great. My son and I had a fun experience and I want to thak all of you. This are some of the photos of the Saturday Basic Class

Sunday Tactical Class, 8 hours of hands on tactical movement. Most of the drills are missing because I was having fun shooting but there are more pictures and video that Lawrance took.

Once again, Thank you Bob for the lessons, we received this weekend, but most of all for the hospitality.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#16]
You and your son made an excellent team, it was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to work with you both.  Thank you for the kind words and pics.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Those are some good pictures 30PlusRetlaw...now we just need the others to post their pictures and videos.

Despite the heat and humidity followed by a few downpours, I learned ALOT and enjoyed the company as well.  Shooting in the rain is always welcome (especially when crawling in the mud and shooting under the barricades) as that is when I've found 80% of the problems with my gun or gear.  This time was no different, except the only problem was my glasses fogging up during and after the rain.  As far as the structure of the class, it was serious enough to get the skills across clearly and safely, but with the right mix of joking/ribbing to keep it relaxed and entertaining as well...I think this particular group of shooters definitely played a part in that as they were all there to learn and have fun in the process, but could leave their ego at the door if they made a mistake.  More easily put - there was a good amount of laughing WITH people instead of AT them.

Thanks again for a great learning experience Bob.  Almost forgot - who won the timed competition?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I have more pictures but they are repetitive so I didn't post them all. Laurence took most of the pictures and all the videos, I hope he post some here. I wish I have taken more pics but the weather didn't allowed.There were so many drills that I didn't take any pics off and I wish I did. If anyone wants some of the pictures I took, just let me know.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those are some good pictures 30PlusRetlaw...now we just need the others to post their pictures and videos.

Despite the heat and humidity followed by a few downpours, I learned ALOT and enjoyed the company as well.  Shooting in the rain is always welcome (especially when crawling in the mud and shooting under the barricades) as that is when I've found 80% of the problems with my gun or gear.  This time was no different, except the only problem was my glasses fogging up during and after the rain.  As far as the structure of the class, it was serious enough to get the skills across clearly and safely, but with the right mix of joking/ribbing to keep it relaxed and entertaining as well...I think this particular group of shooters definitely played a part in that as they were all there to learn and have fun in the process, but could leave their ego at the door if they made a mistake.  More easily put - there was a good amount of laughing WITH people instead of AT them.

Thanks again for a great learning experience Bob.  Almost forgot - who won the timed competition?
View Quote

Man I feel REALLY BAD... I got distracted and totally FORGOT to tally the times and reward the shooter... with everyone chipping in to help clean up and put stuff away, I just simply got side tracked and forgot.  I wish someone would have said something at the cabin when we did certificates.  I'M A LOSER.  I'm away from the house right now so I'm not sure who it was.  Either way, I owe someone 60 rounds of the good stuff.

That's just going to be a DING on me...
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Man I feel REALLY BAD... I got distracted and totally FORGOT to tally the times and reward the shooter... with everyone chipping in to help clean up and put stuff away, I just simply got side tracked and forgot.  I wish someone would have said something at the cabin when we did certificates.  I'M A LOSER.  I'm away from the house right now so I'm not sure who it was.  Either way, I owe someone 60 rounds of the good stuff.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob, don't feel bad, shoot happens. We were all trying to get out of there because was Sunday and everyone had long trips to make. Mike about finding about the gear.........trust me, I found out how under prepare I was. specially stuff that I thought I would never need, like gloves, I will be buying some gloves. I broke 3 nails pulling the charging handle in a hurry and one of them bled. Also, had the same problem you had with my glasses. I will be buying a bigger charging handle also. The UTG, 2 for $38 leg holsters hold up, but I know they are not a permanent solution. Mike, I believe the winner of the timed competition was either you or the other silence AR guy.  Can't wait to go back to work
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Man I wish I would have seen this sooner.  Definitely in for the next one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top