Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/29/2005 12:09:08 PM EDT
I just got back from Camp Perry. Armalite has a box full of "2nds"

Lots of AR10 stripped lowers take down pin hole "oversized" $130 something
I tried one of these with a flatop upper, not a problem, not sloppy by any means!

box of cosmetic defects upper receivers flat tops and A2's $100 something (cheap!)
(I found a small nick on the brass deflector of some)

A box of "DEA takeoffs"(I think) stainless steel barrels .308 (need crowned) $150 each

A box of $50 carbine freefloat tubes with rails on the end

They also had some AR10 carriers cheap also (some cosmetic thing)

If you have been wanting to build/get an AR10 this is the way to go. I bought a AR15 stripped lower last week for $77(had to hand fit a hammer and trigger in it [cavity was a thousandth or two narrow] but it is good to go now. You can get some of the more expensive parts(lower, upper receiver & barrel, and bolt carrier for a few hundred dollars) It is definately worth a look!

Also DPMS has 30 and 20 rd magazines for $10 each new
RRA & Springfied Arms weren't open. I think they open tomorrow.
(Someone was looking for M1 bayonets ($18each or 2/$30)

Check it out guys!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:24:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:33:27 PM EDT
Is Fulton Armory open?

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:41:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Slash:
Is Fulton Armory open?

I didn't notice it but I was there early(left about 1:30)
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:33:17 AM EDT
Hessian, you are killing me...

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:15:11 AM EDT
Thanks for the heads up. I'm leaving for Camp Perry in less than 2 hours.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2005 12:01:27 PM EDT by Engineer]
Just got back from Perry. They had plenty of the AR-10 lower blems for sale. The price today was $123 each but I bought three and they applied the 10% off coupon even though it wasn't for sale items, so the cost came out to $110.70 apiece. I tried a bunch of takedown pins and none seemed sloppy. I've seen worse slop on some AR-15 receivers that I have. Overall a great price - get 'em while you can!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:01:40 PM EDT
I need to make the trip.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:34:58 PM EDT
Dammit!

Does anyone know? Is Commercial Row open tomorrow, Sunday? I cannot pass up the opportunity to put a couple of AR10s together. I can't...

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:58:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By illigb:
Dammit!

Does anyone know? Is Commercial Row open tomorrow, Sunday?
I cannot pass up the opportunity to put a couple of AR10s together. I can't...

Yep. Take your credit card.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:47:14 AM EDT
Brilliant marketing strategy if you ask me. Get more AR10s out there to sell parts for!
(I do like the way mine shoots!)

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:13:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 5:16:24 AM EDT by illigb]
Well, my trip to Camp Perry yesterday was successful...

There are my two sequentially numbered AR10 lowers, Armalite hat and water, and my M15A2 NM with green furniture.

I may be heading back up there. I got to fondle an AR10B... it may be calling me...

ETA - they are out of the $77 AR15 blem lowers... you snooze, you lose, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:55:11 AM EDT

There are my two sequentially numbered AR10 lowers, Armalite hat and water, and my M15A2 NM with green furniture.

I may be heading back up there. I got to fondle an AR10B... it may be calling me...

ETA - they are out of the $77 AR15 blem lowers... you snooze, you lose, I guess.

Looks nice. Now that we all have a bunch of lowers, does anybody know what a complete upper sells for (just your basic 16 or 20" flat top)?

Do you know what was wrong with the AR-15 blem lowers? Just curious as the takedown holes really did not seem too bad with these blem AR-10 lowers.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:16:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Engineer:

Looks nice. Now that we all have a bunch of lowers, does anybody know what a complete upper sells for (just your basic 16 or 20" flat top)?

Do you know what was wrong with the AR-15 blem lowers? Just curious as the takedown holes really did not seem too bad with these blem AR-10 lowers.

Eddie,

I think the AR15 lowers were blemishes in finish only. I was looking to pick up 3 or 4 of those, had they not been sold out of them.

Did you see the AR10 blem uppers they had? They were not complete uppers, just the forgings. I am also trying to figure out what I need to put one of these together.

Up for another road trip? I may take an afternoon off this week and head back up there.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:06:12 AM EDT

Did you see the AR10 blem uppers they had? They were not complete uppers, just the forgings. I am also trying to figure out what I need to put one of these together.

To complete the upper you need a barrel, gas block/front sight, gas tube, barrel nut, handguards/FF tube, and ejection port cover assembly. Using a dedicated bolt is a bood idea, but not mandatory.

To build an AR10 lower, you just need an AR10 lower parts kit ($95 from ArmaLite). All of the lower receiver parts are interchangeable except for the bolt catch and pivot/takedown pins.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:21:44 AM EDT
Thanks Slash.

I've not ever put an upper together. I buy them pre-assembled. It always looked intimidating.

Looks like a trip back up to Perry for parts kits is in order.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:59:36 PM EDT

Thanks Slash.

I've not ever put an upper together. I buy them pre-assembled. It always looked intimidating.

Looks like a trip back up to Perry for parts kits is in order.

Piece of cake. I just assembled an upper in the time it took for the pizza guy to deliver my supper.

I have all the tools needed, it your close to Findlay and need some help I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Don't forget - The blem AR10 lowers are a steal at $123.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:36:07 PM EDT
If anyone wants to part with one of your ar-10 lowers just send me an IM.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:54:16 PM EDT

I have all the tools needed, it your close to Findlay and need some help I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Is that an open invitation?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:56:52 PM EDT

Road trip!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:40:46 PM EDT

I have all the tools needed, if your close to Findlay and need some help I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Road trip!

Absolutely.
Shoot me an email if you want to set up a date.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:18:08 PM EDT
So how long does this devil-created-to-make-me-spend-more-money-that-I-dont-havefest go on? Any chance I could get up there next Sat,Sun, or Mon?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:19:15 PM EDT
This weekend would be a great time to go. High power will be in full swing, and all of the EBR purveyors will be open.
ArmaLite is there thru 8/15. A lot of the other vendors will be leaving after this weekend.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top