Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2022 10:48:35 AM EDT
Did the new laws require any new uppers to be serialized after a certain date?  Hard to keep up with everything. I just want to make sure I’ve bought everything I want before then if so.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
OP I can’t honestly say. That doesn’t stand out to me as something in the bill that was passed.

I’m still leery though. Giving the language about parts or kits to ‘create’ a firearm, don’t know if that’s specific to 80% ‘kits’ or of LPKs, barrels, firing pins, et al will be caught up in the mix.

ETA: if nothing else, stocking up on some of the most high wear items like gas tubes, firing pins and cam pins won’t break the bank and is good insurance.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The ATF proposed new definitions of what a firearm are, which could include the upper receiver. However, since AR's have been in circulation since the 60's they probably will not change how they are handled..... but no one really knows.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top